Jordan School Dist declines charter s...

Jordan School Dist declines charter school offer, wary of econo...

There are 3 comments on the Fox13Now story from Apr 13, 2010, titled Jordan School Dist declines charter school offer, wary of econo.... In it, Fox13Now reports that:

SOUTH JORDAN, Utah - Cash strapped Jordan School District rejected an offer from a charter school that could potentially help them get out of debt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

Richard

West Jordan, UT

#1 Apr 13, 2010
Unbelievable, first Midvale and Sandy go off on their own and not give us a vote. Fine. Now they want Jordan School District to educate their citiizens. Take a hike Midvale and Sandy. Find your own school within your own cities to teach your English as Second Language students. Already lost faith in Canyons School District? Arrogant pompous twerps. If we have a need for ESL in Jordan School District then only students residing in Jordan School District should go. And that is MY vote.
What an angry post

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Apr 14, 2010
Did you not comprehend what the article said? It did not say that kids from Midvale and Sandy would be attending the school in South Jordan. It said that Jordan District did not want to risk money right now on an ESL school in an area that does not need such a school. The charter was originally going to be located in Sandy or Midvale, but now is trying to "help Jordan District" by locating in their boundaries. And your attitude about "I don't want to help other kids that are different from mine" is the main reason Sandy and Midvale parents voted to be in a different tax pool than you.
Richard

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Apr 17, 2010
Oh how wonderful, Midvale and Sandy want to "help Jordan District." How sweet of them to throw us a bone. Also, please explain where I said, "I don't want to help other kids that are different from mine." Talk about not comprehending! You dolt. I did not say that. Read again. I said educate your own people in your own school district. I openly said if there is a need then we should take care of our own citizens in our districts. Am I angry? You bet. I don't care to have things thrust on me with no vote or say so. But I will get over it and concern myself with Jordan School District. But I will remember who forced the issue. My shopping dollars will rarely go east of I-15.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Jordan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - South Jordan (Nov '16) Nov 13 jwsm 50
findagrave Sep '17 debbie mills 1
News Tai Pan Trading Company (Sep '08) Aug '17 Brenda 5
Review: District Vision Care Ctr - Bradley V Fe... (Oct '08) Apr '17 Pissed off patty 12
News Editorial: As immigration levels out, a solutio... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Wildchild 15
News Utah Community Leaves Fake Packages on Doorstep... (Dec '15) Sep '16 Sam Sung Smoke S... 7
News Clean energy advocates protest so-called 'sun t... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Solarman 1

South Jordan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Jordan Mortgages