Jordan School Dist declines charter school offer, wary of econo...

Full story: Fox13Now
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah - Cash strapped Jordan School District rejected an offer from a charter school that could potentially help them get out of debt. Full Story
Richard

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Apr 13, 2010
Unbelievable, first Midvale and Sandy go off on their own and not give us a vote. Fine. Now they want Jordan School District to educate their citiizens. Take a hike Midvale and Sandy. Find your own school within your own cities to teach your English as Second Language students. Already lost faith in Canyons School District? Arrogant pompous twerps. If we have a need for ESL in Jordan School District then only students residing in Jordan School District should go. And that is MY vote.
What an angry post

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Apr 14, 2010
Did you not comprehend what the article said? It did not say that kids from Midvale and Sandy would be attending the school in South Jordan. It said that Jordan District did not want to risk money right now on an ESL school in an area that does not need such a school. The charter was originally going to be located in Sandy or Midvale, but now is trying to "help Jordan District" by locating in their boundaries. And your attitude about "I don't want to help other kids that are different from mine" is the main reason Sandy and Midvale parents voted to be in a different tax pool than you.
Richard

Draper, UT

#3 Apr 17, 2010
Oh how wonderful, Midvale and Sandy want to "help Jordan District." How sweet of them to throw us a bone. Also, please explain where I said, "I don't want to help other kids that are different from mine." Talk about not comprehending! You dolt. I did not say that. Read again. I said educate your own people in your own school district. I openly said if there is a need then we should take care of our own citizens in our districts. Am I angry? You bet. I don't care to have things thrust on me with no vote or say so. But I will get over it and concern myself with Jordan School District. But I will remember who forced the issue. My shopping dollars will rarely go east of I-15.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Jordan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) 2 hr Angryparker 20
Review: Las Aguilas/utah Eagle Transport/taxi S... Nov 22 La nena 3
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Sandy (Nov '13) Nov 15 Jill Poulson 21
Bill to 'equalize' funding between 2 Utah schoo... (Mar '10) Nov 15 Tina Shaw 2
Edgy tech inventions debut at Engadget Expand NY Nov 7 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Diplomacy: Back to square one on Jordanian-Isra... Nov 2 USA Today 1
Daylight Savings Time Up for Debate in Utah; Do... Nov 1 Charles 0390 1
South Jordan Dating
Find my Match

South Jordan People Search