Questions over Huntington town board member vote -

Full story: Newsday

Huntington town board member Glenda Jackson voted to hire an attorney who serves on the South Huntington school board while she was privately negotiating a financial settlement with the school district for ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
QXQXQXQXQX

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

WHATS UP WITH THAT YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO LIVE THE SCHOOL DISTRICT BUT SEND YOUR CHILD TO OUR SCHOOLS. TAX FREE,TAX FREE, TAX FREE WHAT A CRIME!!!!!!!!!! ONE LESS VOTE FOR YOU
town member

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Her daughter was a terror always causing trouble in the schools!
RealNYER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Newsflash: Petrone doesn't live in Huntington either. He prefer's Melville... But, we keep voting his corrupt ass in... why???

Since: Dec 06

massapequa, long island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

RealNYER wrote:
Newsflash: Petrone doesn't live in Huntington either. He prefer's Melville... But, we keep voting his corrupt ass in... why???
i don't like petrone. but heres a news flash for you...MELVILLE IS IN FACT PART OF THE TOWNSHIP OF HUNTINGTON.
Movin Out

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

ridiculously high school taxes, nepotism, petrone, jackson, and the fact that, after weeks or discussions, the school board *still* cannot decide on how to accomodate overcrowded schools are just some of the reasons why i am moving out of huntingtion before the next school year.
the truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

will someone tell jackson that she is suppose to do her homework before she votes, not just what Mr. Cuthbertson tells her. She must go.
clean house

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

The entire town board needs to be replaced.
Overtaxed Hunt Stat

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Glenda Jackson is an overpaid "do nothing" just like Susan Berland - who trained her. They exploit children and the enviroment with their continual phony photo ops. The town has had the most beach closings under their watch. Their cost to the town is over $250,000 per year and generations to come will suffer due to their lack of leadership.
lisa

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Please she had no idea her daughter was not suppose to be going to the South Huntington school district , If it not a bunch of crap it is worse because it shows that this women has no business as a elected official anywhere.
Thoroughly Disgusted

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

The corruption that runs through the Town from the Supervisor to the Town Attorney needs to be addressed by someone at the Federal or State level. Developers own them and use thier influence to steal land from citizens least able to defend themselves. Our elderly. People on a fixed income that can't afford the unfair and oppressive tax burden that has been foisted upon the citizens of Huntington to pay for these elected officials screwups and extravagent lifestyles. When our elected officials can't tax someone out of thier property they sic thier pitbull Town Attorney on them. Can't use eminent domain well we'll drag the poor little Grandma into Court and take away all her savings until she capitulates or dies. Marching orders to the Town Attorney THROW GRANDMA OFF HER LAND AT ANY COST!!! my buddy needs to build some condos... These people were elected to protect the least of us. Not to line thier pockets at our expense.
Dems r Pits

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2007

Spota and Como will never investigate Huntington corruption under Frank Petrone. It's wide spread and sickening what they get away with.

Buildings burn down costing innocent lives and town officials lie to say they never knew people lived there even though documents prove otherwise and still Judges let Petrone and his cronies off the hook.

Illegal aliens abound in Huntington around the day laborer site where slumlords and democrat businessmen make millions like the owner of the day laborer site Democrat contributor and member of Huntington's BID Mr Rosen.

Town Attorney John Leo sees judge before verdict and councilmanic districts get thrown out even though signatures were legitimate along with addresses.

Long Island Judges work for their party leaders not for justice. I'm never moving to huntington never.

Town owns all the church and charity groups by giving them our taxdollars to help illegal aliens. it's pathetic.
QXQXQXQXQXQX

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2007

FRANK PETRONE IS ALL FOR THE ALIENS. I BEEN TO THE TOWN MEETINGS AND WHEN SOME ONE SPEAKS IT DON'T MATTER HE HAS ALREADY MADE UP HIS MIND. YOU SHOULD SEE THE SPOT FOT DAY LABORERS. THEY RUN IN FRONT OF YOUR CAR AND THEN A TOWN WORKER IN A VEST RUNS AFTER THEM WITH A WHISTLE. NOT TO MENTION I'M PAYING THE TOWN WORKER. LETS HOPE THIS ELECTION CHANGED THE BOARD.
Dems r Pits wrote:
Spota and Como will never investigate Huntington corruption under Frank Petrone. It's wide spread and sickening what they get away with.
Buildings burn down costing innocent lives and town officials lie to say they never knew people lived there even though documents prove otherwise and still Judges let Petrone and his cronies off the hook.
Illegal aliens abound in Huntington around the day laborer site where slumlords and democrat businessmen make millions like the owner of the day laborer site Democrat contributor and member of Huntington's BID Mr Rosen.
Town Attorney John Leo sees judge before verdict and councilmanic districts get thrown out even though signatures were legitimate along with addresses.
Long Island Judges work for their party leaders not for justice. I'm never moving to huntington never.
Town owns all the church and charity groups by giving them our taxdollars to help illegal aliens. it's pathetic.
Thoroughly Disgusted

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2007

This is real WHITE Collar CRIME!!! Can somebody say RICO...
Spanky

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2007

Huntington Schools are worse than Roosevelt. The only difference is that there are a lot of wealthy people in Huntington paying huge property taxes. Most of the affluent in the Town send their Kids to private schools. Basically Huntington is a North Shore sewer. Try going through Huntington Station at night. I would rather take my chances in Wyandanche or Brentwood.
merit

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2007

The Town of Huntington has gone down hill. They passed a law about having an apprenticeship programs for projects over 100,000 sq. ft. This law raises taxes, which a lot of taxpayers are not aware of. Now those contractors who live in the town, pay taxes, send their children to schools, but can't work in the town because they don't have a program. Now ask why your taxes are sooo hight and where is our money going.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

South Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••