LI native among those killed in chopper collision

Full story: Newsday

For Jim Cox, hobbies were more than just casual interests -- they were all-consuming fixations.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jul 30, 2007
lenny

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Both pilots deserve what they got!!!!!
Foucusing on a story and not flying is a lesson learned here.
I have zero sympathy for these pilots.
LI Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

Sounds like Cox should not have been flying in these types of conditions, with his recent flying permit. When giving "110 per cent" results in killing others, that's just a stupid decision on Cox's part.
unotsosmart

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

Double pilot error.
anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

unotsosmart wrote:
Double pilot error.
Your stupid country would have had them arrested.
ddb530

Jericho, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

LI Resident wrote:
Sounds like Cox should not have been flying in these types of conditions, with his recent flying permit. When giving "110 per cent" results in killing others, that's just a stupid decision on Cox's part.
He was filming not flying. Read the article.
FlyinHigh

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

Cox must have graduating from the Cory Lidle School of Aeronautics.
unotsosmart

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupid country would have had them arrested.
Man are you stupid try cremated.
gng

Ridgewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

I went to school with a Ricky Krolak (one of the other pilots killed). I thought he was the one from LI.
jbab

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

Some of you East Coast folks sure are mean. Bet you are largely unloved yourselves you sorry jerks. Maybe when you pass no one will even notice.

Scottsdale, AZ
i care

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

jbab wrote:
Some of you East Coast folks sure are mean. Bet you are largely unloved yourselves you sorry jerks. Maybe when you pass no one will even notice.
Scottsdale, AZ
I am glad you said "some", because most of the people here are not cold hearted. We have feelings and a lot of sympathy for the family. The aforementioned losers look for tradgies such as this to show they have no heart and nothing between their ears.
jbab

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

i care wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you said "some", because most of the people here are not cold hearted. We have feelings and a lot of sympathy for the family. The aforementioned losers look for tradgies such as this to show they have no heart and nothing between their ears.
You are right, sorry for the generalization on my part. Couldn't believe all the caustic remarks...certainly different than what we are reading and feeling here.

These were just a bunch of seemingly really nice journalists doing their job, a service appreciated by many of us here.
fin

Waterloo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

What was interesting to me is the double standard involved. When newsmen were involved, suddenly they got a conscience and some vague sense of what is and is not appropriate for public viewing.

There were six helos involved. Gotta love the Americans need for drama and violence.

I strongly suspect there will be some administrative changes re flight restrictions as a result of this crash.
Sad

Brentwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

The suspect who started the chase is probably going to be charged with murder, which is ridiculous. They were filming it for entertainment purposes, which glorifies police chases. I feel bad for the people involved in the crash and their families, but it's really the pilots faults for not flying safely.
Melissa

Freehold, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

CAN YOU READ???? He was tthe CAMERAMAN.
Nice joke, loser.
FlyinHigh wrote:
Cox must have graduating from the Cory Lidle School of Aeronautics.
Propolice1

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

LI Resident wrote:
He wasn't flying the helicopter moron!!!! He was the cameraman!!!
Propolice1

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

jbab wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, sorry for the generalization on my part. Couldn't believe all the caustic remarks...certainly different than what we are reading and feeling here.
These were just a bunch of seemingly really nice journalists doing their job, a service appreciated by many of us here.
As a LI Native who's been out here in AZ for 4 years, I can say we are not all cold, uncaring idiots, we feel for the families and colleagues of those journalists....
Anthony

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

What a bunch of heartless stupid bastards. You must be starving for attention. Some of you, specifically those who think he was flying the chopper, can't even read. Such morons!
U Ignorant Fools

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2007

Jim Cox was not the pilot - he was a photographer and a very good one at that. He was very much loved by his family, his friends, and his colleagues. He was 37 years old and his family is hurting bad. I knew Jim from our days together on Long Island so I came to Newsday to see how they honor one of their own. Newsday did an OK job. I am disgusted with the ignorance of the first readers and responders to this article that speak without thought, understanding, or knowledge. Learn to read for your own sake and perhaps you can refrain from making fools of yourselves in the future.

My sympathies to the Cox family on the loss of their beloved son and brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent South Huntington Discussions

Search the South Huntington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dick and Dora's (Nov '09) 11 min Rob 63
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 2 hr Sam bee 1,483
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) 6 hr Rachel 61
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 11 hr positronium 6,343
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 14 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
Hit-and-run victim dies - (Nov '07) 16 hr Huntington 15
Obituary: Kevin J. Stone 17 hr Db levittown 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

South Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Huntington People Search