WestSideIslip

West Islip, NY

#183 Feb 1, 2013
nailhead wrote:
<quoted text>
excellent reading. Now go look at the boe policy and read the conflict of interest statement, and also call the superintendent who will tell you that annmarie has abstained and recused herself from any decisions and negotiations regarding helene tsouprakos and south shore children center.
I am sure she did, but the whole point is that this type of impropriety should always be frowned upon, it's a level of trust that causes people to become disgusted with those who sit in seats of power, her relationship to Ms. T is well founded, well substantiated and for all intents and purposes it is beholden of these people to avoid any appearances of nepotism.
These days especially these people should take pains to not be tempted to bridge business arrangments that would create doubt and contempt.
In other words, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
braintrust

Bay Shore, NY

#184 Feb 1, 2013
WestSideIslip wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact. January 2, Ms. LaRosa wrote a letter on the sscc facebook page announcing the seraration. SSCC WI is reported to be poised to sign the lease at Westbrook, if it hasn't been done already.
BOE member/partner in SSCC Inc. is a THE connection. It's this real connection that must not be ignorned. You claim this was hatched months and months ago, while Ms. LaRosa was still a partner, otherwise why write a letter on facebook on January 2, expressing the bittersweet separation? It's this involvment that is highly questionable and suspect.
Hypothetically, how easy would it be for any trustee of any board to USE a desirable business arrangement that they know about, to their own benefit or the benefit of someone very closely connected? I mean, is that kosher? Do you really think that this type of thing is acceptable? Where do they draw the line?
Your theory would then be that the entire board was in collusion with her, or at least a majority of the board because any action of the boe requires a majority vote. so, you implicate and accuse the entire board.
crazy in WI

West Babylon, NY

#185 Feb 1, 2013
It is with a bittersweet heart that I write this post updating you all about the exciting news for South Shore Children's Center. After ten amazing years of a wonderful business partnership between Helene Tsouprakos and myself, we have decided to move foward independently, each of us taking one of our two schools. Helene will continue operating in West Islip, and I will be operating in East Islip. They say that all good things must come to an end, but for Helene and I our friendship and love for each other will always continue and grow. It was a natural progression for the schools to seperate and we are excited to have reached this point. Personally my work with South Shore has allowed me to grow as an educator and business woman, and at the same time work close to home involving myself in community activities, and time with my own children. South Shore Children's Center has a rich history, and last year started seeing some of our original students graduate from High School! We look foward to what the future has for those kids, as well as those just entering our program. Thank you all for your support and friendship!~ Annmarie LaRosa
crazy in WI

West Babylon, NY

#186 Feb 1, 2013
lets not forget jamie decided the market value ???
crazy in WI

West Babylon, NY

#187 Feb 1, 2013
WestSideIslip

West Islip, NY

#188 Feb 1, 2013
braintrust wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theory would then be that the entire board was in collusion with her, or at least a majority of the board because any action of the boe requires a majority vote. so, you implicate and accuse the entire board.
Are you claiming that every BOE trustee is always privy to everything? If you do make that claim, you're 100% wrong!
WestSideIslip

West Islip, NY

#189 Feb 1, 2013
"After ten amazing years of a wonderful business partnership between Helene Tsouprakos and myself, we have decided to move foward independently, each of us taking ****one of 'our' two schools.*****
WestSideIslip

West Islip, NY

#190 Feb 1, 2013
What part of "OUR two schools" doesn't anyone get?
spellcheck

West Islip, NY

#191 Feb 1, 2013
crazy in WI wrote:
It is with a bittersweet heart that I write this post updating you all about the exciting news for South Shore Children's Center. After ten amazing years of a wonderful business partnership between Helene Tsouprakos and myself, we have decided to move foward independently, each of us taking one of our two schools. Helene will continue operating in West Islip, and I will be operating in East Islip. They say that all good things must come to an end, but for Helene and I our friendship and love for each other will always continue and grow. It was a natural progression for the schools to seperate and we are excited to have reached this point. Personally my work with South Shore has allowed me to grow as an educator and business woman, and at the same time work close to home involving myself in community activities, and time with my own children. South Shore Children's Center has a rich history, and last year started seeing some of our original students graduate from High School! We look foward to what the future has for those kids, as well as those just entering our program. Thank you all for your support and friendship!~ Annmarie LaRosa
A teacher who can't spell simple words.
All knowing jessica

Bronx, NY

#192 Feb 1, 2013
Jessica Horvath wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the conflict of interest? Annmarie is not making ANY money off the deal. Not a cent. So where is the conflict?
How do you know she isn't "making ANY money off the deal"? Are you her accountant? Jessica, you come on here and potray yourself as some kind of expert on this whole mess and make statements that lead everyone to believe you are tight with AML and this helene person and then get upset and start calling people names when they question you. You have also managed to single handedly make this the jessica horvath show rather than keep the attention where it belongs, on this very questionable deal. What you don't seem bright enough to understand is that no one cares if a day care goes into the building, what people care about is AML's potential involvement and its implications to the integrity of her position on the board of ed. You are really embarassing yourself and your family and or their sake you should stop posting or post under a fake name.
Smells rotten

Bronx, NY

#193 Feb 1, 2013
crazy in WI wrote:
It is with a bittersweet heart that I write this post updating you all about the exciting news for South Shore Children's Center. After ten amazing years of a wonderful business partnership between Helene Tsouprakos and myself, we have decided to move foward independently, each of us taking one of our two schools. Helene will continue operating in West Islip, and I will be operating in East Islip. They say that all good things must come to an end, but for Helene and I our friendship and love for each other will always continue and grow. It was a natural progression for the schools to seperate and we are excited to have reached this point. Personally my work with South Shore has allowed me to grow as an educator and business woman, and at the same time work close to home involving myself in community activities, and time with my own children. South Shore Children's Center has a rich history, and last year started seeing some of our original students graduate from High School! We look foward to what the future has for those kids, as well as those just entering our program. Thank you all for your support and friendship!~ Annmarie LaRosa
Was this written recently? Because if it was anytime in the past year it shows active ownership of this business by annmarie while decisions were being made about the fate of elementary schools in west islip as well as when she made the deciding vote to close westbrook which happens to be the very school her/ her partners business is moving into. Stunningly arrogant and blatantly inappropriate.
manetuck

West Islip, NY

#194 Feb 1, 2013
Jessica Horvath wrote:
<quoted text>
I JUST talked to her Thursday. It isnt some big conspiracy. What is your problem?
Calm yourself. Answer the simple question: Did Helene tell you on Thursday that she signed the lease or not? She told me this week that she didn't sign it yet. There's no problem. I just want to know if she's telling me the truth or what I want to hear.
board of Jessica

West Islip, NY

#195 Feb 1, 2013
All knowing jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know she isn't "making ANY money off the deal"? Are you her accountant? Jessica, you come on here and potray yourself as some kind of expert on this whole mess and make statements that lead everyone to believe you are tight with AML and this helene person and then get upset and start calling people names when they question you. You have also managed to single handedly make this the jessica horvath show rather than keep the attention where it belongs, on this very questionable deal. What you don't seem bright enough to understand is that no one cares if a day care goes into the building, what people care about is AML's potential involvement and its implications to the integrity of her position on the board of ed. You are really embarassing yourself and your family and or their sake you should stop posting or post under a fake name.
She's a dim bulb indeed. All of WI agrees with you.
We are cancelling the Jessica Horvath Show effective immediately.
Jessica Horvath, everything is not about you.
board of it all

West Islip, NY

#196 Feb 1, 2013
Smells rotten wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this written recently? Because if it was anytime in the past year it shows active ownership of this business by annmarie while decisions were being made about the fate of elementary schools in west islip as well as when she made the deciding vote to close westbrook which happens to be the very school her/ her partners business is moving into. Stunningly arrogant and blatantly inappropriate.
She's arrogant yes, stunning...definately not.
crazy in WI

West Babylon, NY

#197 Feb 1, 2013
Jan 2, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/home.php #!/pages/South-Shore-Childrens -Center-of-West-Islip-Inc/2049 81649531076?fref=ts
crazy in WI

West Babylon, NY

#198 Feb 1, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/home.php #!/pages/South-Shore-Childrens -Center-of-West-Islip-Inc/2049 81649531076?fref=ts
Truthbetold

West Islip, NY

#199 Feb 1, 2013
@manetuck: Helene is telling you the truth. She cannot sign the lease until the board does. She was very sincere today when she explained her lawyer was on a trial so she had no't spoken to him. She said it was still in negotiation. The board has to approve it first. Enough already!
WestSideIslip

West Islip, NY

#200 Feb 2, 2013
Truthbetold wrote:
@manetuck: Helene is telling you the truth. She cannot sign the lease until the board does. She was very sincere today when she explained her lawyer was on a trial so she had no't spoken to him. She said it was still in negotiation. The board has to approve it first. Enough already!
I guess your statement means that Helene is morally okay with this transaction?
wi resident

West Islip, NY

#201 Feb 2, 2013
Truthbetold wrote:
@manetuck: Helene is telling you the truth. She cannot sign the lease until the board does. She was very sincere today when she explained her lawyer was on a trial so she had no't spoken to him. She said it was still in negotiation. The board has to approve it first. Enough already!
You are dead wrong. 100% wrong. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried to be more wrong. The party renting a space (lessee) is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS the first to sign the lease. The owner of said space (Lessor) is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS the last party to sign said lease. If Helene told you that she couldn't sign the lease for Westbrook until the board of ed signs it first, she's either very misinformed or doesn't want you to know what's happening.
Truthbetold

West Islip, NY

#202 Feb 2, 2013
Instead of everyone wondering did she or didn't she....is she lying or isn't she.....ask her, or better yet call the superintendent. And when you get your answer post it regardless of the answer you get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 42 min Bruser 2,316
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 11 hr Lisa 1,934
Editorial: Re-elect Jack Martins in 7th Senate ... 13 hr Just Saying 1
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 22 hr Bruser 7,915
Review: Depalo & Sons Auto Body Inc (Nov '09) Thu Jack Oasis 17
Review: Sahdev Devinder (Dec '10) Wed John 15
Village of Lindenhurst is Corrupt (Dec '09) Wed concerned neighbor 45

South Huntington Jobs

South Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Huntington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]