Suffolk's "Crash Course" teaches teen...

Suffolk's "Crash Course" teaches teens to drive safely

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 10, 2008, titled Suffolk's "Crash Course" teaches teens to drive safely. In it, Newsday reports that:

Relax, relax. It's impossible to relax. There's a light box swinging from a wire, and it's going to flash - left? Right? - any second now.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

gng

Gardiner, NY

#1 Aug 10, 2008
Why isn't this a requirement to get a license?
John and Carole S

Waccabuc, NY

#2 Aug 10, 2008
We attended this course w/our 16 yr old daughter because of our past and present interest in bicycle/traffic safety etc. It's an excellent program for new drivers and a great refresher course for experienced drivers as well.
For those of us who learned to drive before there were ABS brakes, this was a great opportunity to see how to properly use them from a trained professional.
Great Course, Great Job SCPD EVOC!
wow

South Salem, NY

#3 Aug 10, 2008
I agree the A.B.S. portion of the course is excellent. Most people do not understand what A.B.S. brakes do. Expecially the older drivers who learned to drive with conventional brakes.

John and Carole S wrote:
We attended this course w/our 16 yr old daughter because of our past and present interest in bicycle/traffic safety etc. It's an excellent program for new drivers and a great refresher course for experienced drivers as well.
For those of us who learned to drive before there were ABS brakes, this was a great opportunity to see how to properly use them from a trained professional.
Great Course, Great Job SCPD EVOC!
wow

South Salem, NY

#4 Aug 10, 2008
x-cellent job by S.C.P.D if you can get your new driver in this program do it. I hope this program is around for a long time and do's not get the ax..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spooky Long Island (Sep '08) 50 min Reader 24
News 41 undocumented immigrants arrested in NY amid ... 2 hr southern at heart 21
News Islip Town board member eyes Assembly run 17 hr steve 4
News Islip awards contract to refill parts of Robert... 17 hr one last shot 34
stray cats at tanner park (Jan '08) Mon Miss B 3
News Imagination, motivation helps interns gain edge - (Dec '08) Feb 18 Trustco 25
New York City Correction Officers Vs. Police Of... (Sep '07) Feb 16 Drock 116

South Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Huntington Mortgages