Shopping gone out of control

Shopping gone out of control

There are 96 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 30, 2008, titled Shopping gone out of control. In it, Newsday reports that:

Readers react to Friday's death of a Wal-Mart worker in Valley Stream. Whose fault? There is something very disturbing about a mob of people trampling a person to death at 5 a.m. just to save a few dollars on ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
huh

Baltimore, MD

#95 Dec 3, 2008
Glen burnie wrote:
<quoted text>
I stood in line at a best buy for an hour with others who had stood there much longer. as soon as the doors opened about fifteen people (guess what color they were) who had just got there Walked right up the steps in front of all the people who had been standing there waiting all that time and walked right in. The store employees just stood there and let them do it. Not one of them had the tic taks to speak up. I left. Alot of others did to. I'll never shop at that store again.
I am sure the store employees were afraid the line-cutters may have guns on them..

And if they were told go back in line, Jesse and Al Sharpton would've been there in a second with pickets....the ACLU would have filed lawsuits alleging profiling..and the line cutters would have received $55 million and $50 after the lawyers settled up.
huh

Baltimore, MD

#96 Dec 3, 2008
Born Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Hitler?When are you going to shoot yourself in the head?
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
Add on:
Look at the murder rate per capita crime for US cities + Sudan+Congo+Somalia.
mike- nottingham

United States

#97 Dec 3, 2008
BIG wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets go... Jane.. Yes Blacks are killing themselves.. What impact does it have on u? Lets talk about the countless white collar crime that has FAILED this country. Eron, Citibank, AIG, Bear Sterns, Ford, GM, Arthur Anderson..Do I need to continue? Lets talk about Nassau County. Lets view the DWI arrest and count the whites vs minorities. Lets talk about the catholic church and all of those pastors who touched those boys..lets talk about all the karate teachers on LI touching those boys.. Lets talk about Roslyn School district robbing their kids.. Ever hear of the MAFIA?
My point ..CRIME IS EVERYWHERE .. CRIME HAS ALL COLORS!!!!!!!
Yes but if you had to make a choice between living next door to a White Collar criminal or a , take your pick, murderer, rapist, stick up artist, drug dealer etc. etc. wouldn't be a difficult choice would it?
mike- nottingham

United States

#98 Dec 3, 2008
Jane from Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>a) thanks but it is "you're," not "your." and b) yes, let's talk about ISOLATED incidents like the hate crimes you mentioned... i don't have drive bys in my neighborhood because large groups of people aren't hanging out in the streets all night; it isn't normal for women to have fist fights; most women are married to their baby's (singular) daddy; men don't hang outside lurking in doorways or on street corners late at night 7 days a week; when i go to baby showers, no one has guns; and at my local pool there are no groups of young men surrounding young women and molesting them by pulling down their bathing suits (huge problem in inner city parks and pools) and c) the incidents above like the hate crimes in Patchogue and Staten Island would be newsworthy, because they ARE NOT TYPICAL behavior of the local residents.
You are my Hero! If I wasn't already married I'd propose to you.
Joe

Baltimore, MD

#99 Dec 3, 2008
mike- nottingham wrote:
<quoted text>
You are my Hero! If I wasn't already married I'd propose to you.
I'll take her!

“A half-truth is a whole lie”

Since: Jun 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#100 Dec 3, 2008
"Nothing makes you feel better when you're broke like spending a little"
lol

United States

#101 Dec 3, 2008
Born Here wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the most ignorat posters on this site.(LMAO LMAO LMAO this is all you seem to say )
Bet he can spell the word right though!
Oreobama

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#102 Dec 3, 2008
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Add on:
Look at the murder rate per capita crime for US cities + Sudan+Congo+Somalia.
Check it out!
http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/
D OH BAMA

Charlotte, NC

#103 Dec 4, 2008
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure the store employees were afraid the line-cutters may have guns on them..
And if they were told go back in line, Jesse and Al Sharpton would've been there in a second with pickets....the ACLU would have filed lawsuits alleging profiling..and the line cutters would have received $55 million and $50 after the lawyers settled up.
The Wal-Mart employees should have used a very effevtive crowd control device that they probably had stocked at the store. When the crowd was becoming unruly hit them with about 10 cans of RAID, it will make them scatter.
duh

Clifton, NJ

#105 Dec 6, 2008
D OH BAMA wrote:
<quoted text>The Wal-Mart employees should have used a very effevtive crowd control device that they probably had stocked at the store. When the crowd was becoming unruly hit them with about 10 cans of RAID, it will make them scatter.
Better yet, cattle prods, like the good old days.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#106 Dec 7, 2008
Let's look at the FACTS:

MINORITIES are the MAJORITY in prisons.

The FACTS suck now don't they?
ChristmasTree

Shrub Oak, NY

#107 Dec 7, 2008
Once more, this holiday shopping was NOT for Christmas! Hate to say it(again), but a Newsday writer (ouch)suggested two sets of holidays, commercial ones just before the religious Christmas, etc., and, of course the real holidays. Why not? Why do kids have to have tons of toys, then go to church, temple, whatever and try to connect these activities? How about a 'Bunnies & Eggs' day, just before Easter. That might be preferable to killing (yes, killing)another human being for junk stuff from China! Also, I went to a local mall yesterday, and you wouldn't know that there's a supposed recession on. Maybe the commerical stores could donate a portion of their profits to GM instead of charities,'cause that's what the Big Three are asking for, right around the 'holidaze' anyway.
heraklion

New York, NY

#108 Dec 7, 2008
The gentleman that lost his life would not have died if he wasn't there that day. Thus he is directly responsible for his own death. The stampeders were anxious to shop, can you blame them? Walmart was running special sales and many in the crowd got up far earlier than they are used to. Thus they were somewhat moody and things like this happen
Nbam

Brooklyn, NY

#109 Dec 17, 2008
D OH BAMA wrote:
<quoted text>You are 100% correct but read the daily papers and note how your people far out pace whites in savagery. You got us beat in that and round ball, yo.
Look thru world history and you will see in every war who was at the forefront and you will see who the real savages are: Polar Bears, Dude!
concerned

Brooklyn, NY

#110 Dec 17, 2008
There is no mention that the people waiting in there cars until the store opened tried to cut the line and that is what caused the rush to the doors. This is totally the responsibility of the store. If the store wants to hire professionals (police) for holidays or sales, then they should do so.
Lessons Learned

Gilbert, AZ

#111 Dec 17, 2008
D OH BAMA wrote:
<quoted text>The Wal-Mart employees should have used a very effevtive crowd control device that they probably had stocked at the store. When the crowd was becoming unruly hit them with about 10 cans of RAID, it will make them scatter.
one pound of C-4 would be more effective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 16 hr Bruser 8,262
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) May 25 Bruser 2,622
If you haven't heard about this, it is because ... (Jun '08) May 25 LindyGrad2001 2
Who Exactly Should Be Allowed To Live In Linden... May 25 LindyGrad2001 1
Review: Goccia D'Oro Restaurant (Oct '09) May 25 LindyGrad2001 5
Blocked Cell Phones in Lindy High School (Jun '09) May 25 LindyGrad2001 10
Middle School Abusive Teacher (Feb '09) May 25 LindyGrad2001 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Huntington Mortgages