Long Islanders faithfully pray, on th...

Long Islanders faithfully pray, on their own terms

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 10, 2008, titled Long Islanders faithfully pray, on their own terms. In it, Newsday reports that:

Professional heavyweight boxer Sascha Blasi says he prays every morning and prays every night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Hicksville, NY

#1 Apr 13, 2008
I'm glad that over 80% of Long Islanders say faith is important to them.

I'm very excited about the Pope's visit, and hope it will be a real BLAST of goodness that leads us to a BRAND NEW beautiful place. A NEW FRESH BEGINNING! YES.

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 18, 2008
Mr Blasi is wonderfully articulate on prayer and I thank him for his willingness to speak publicly about a subject so personal. Newsday is to be congratulated with dealing with a subject important to many but seldom dealt with respectfully in the U.S. media.

#3 Apr 21, 2008
Prayer and a desire to contact with God, or our "Higher Power" is a universal phenomenon. St. Augustine used to pray, "our hearts were meant for you, O Lord, and will not rest, untill they rest in you."
Some spiritual writers say that our desire to pray is prayer itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 9 hr Suck On It 2,122
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) 11 hr LaurenP 76
Village of Lindenhurst is Corrupt (Dec '09) Sun Bklynncop 49
Judge Andrew Crecca (Dec '10) Sun WHISTLEBLOWER10 62
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sun Big Bruser 8,718
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Mar 17 Big Bruser 2,841
Social Meetup for friendship Mar 15 The Cordial 1

South Huntington Jobs

Personal Finance

South Huntington Mortgages