Alsip mayor is a joke
Alsip love

Chicago, IL

#63 Feb 3, 2013
I wouldn't spit on his grave, I would pull down my pants and shit on his grave along with the rest of the AP. When the rest of em die, it won't be dog doo doo, it will be mine.
AMEN BROTHER one of the good ones... clearly nothing like that lieing arrogant POS mikos. Did you know that the evergreen based swat team he was attached to DESPISED HIM and could not wait to get rid of him...LOSER CRY BABY
less of the two evils

Palos Hills, IL

#64 Apr 4, 2013
Bob- Alsip wrote:
It sure is funny that all the complaints about the mayor are from people who don't even live in Alsip!!!!<quoted text>
The computer picks where you are using it from 1/2 of Alsip who use Comcast it records them from Palos Heights, if you using your computer in Chicago and live in Alsip, your reply say's Chicago. Your Signup on this blog does not ask you where you live. I can see why you will vote for Patrick again, just like you voted for Obama. Just Dumb, in so many words. Know your facts first.
less of the two evils

Palos Hills, IL

#65 Apr 4, 2013
Alsipvotes wrote:
Your insults and lies about Mayor Kitching are crazy! Mayor Kitching has done more for this village in 5 years than Arnie did in almost 30! And the fact that you call him a drunk is insane! The man doesn't have time to get drunk! He is too busy working to make Alsip better! He stops at Southsides to see some personal friends and have 1 beer! He might not even finish the 1 beer he orders! I would hardly call having 1 beer at a bar once every couple weeks or so being a drunk!!! And for that matter, who are you?? A Monk??? You never had 1 beer in your life??? Get over yourself!!!
He took over Arnie seat at the bar same seat different Mayor. I would not want to say that about 1 beer at a village meeting , a lot of people will start rolling on the floor. I think it a little more then 1 beer. Mayor Kitching if you want full time pay , please give us a full days work ????? And who's in it for themselves , look in a mirror.
Shelia McG

Fond Du Lac, WI

#66 Apr 4, 2013
less of the two evils wrote:
<quoted text> He took over Arnie seat at the bar same seat different Mayor. I would not want to say that about 1 beer at a village meeting , a lot of people will start rolling on the floor. I think it a little more then 1 beer. Mayor Kitching if you want full time pay , please give us a full days work ????? And who's in it for themselves , look in a mirror.
Really where do you come up with this stuff? Mayor Kitching rarely drinks, and if he does its always in moderation. Full days work???? The mayor is in his office working hard for the people of this Village Everyday!!! Obviously you have no REAL connection to the Village operations and ZERO knowledge of Patrick Kitching... only what is whispered in your ear by the UP and you just eat it up dont ya. B.T.W. since your obviously tight with Jim Quinn can you tell me how many gallons of vodka he drinks a day?
Drew Pickles Fan

Oak Lawn, IL

#68 Apr 28, 2013
I think the mayor is really, really swell. Cicero Avenue is totally modernized and so is 127th Street. This was to accompany the much-deserved reconstruction of the heavily travelled Tollway. The other main roads and many of the side streets have been redone over the last 10 to 15 years, and are in great shape. I remember Pulaski, 119th, 123rd, 115th, and Cicero being very bumpy for years.

The number of new businesses keeps this swell town afloat too. I love having a White Castle and Home Depot in town. Unlike neighboring towns, Alsip continues to have a strong economy and tax base. I am not sure where the OP came up with this rant, but he/she should take some time out to smell the roses in this swell community.
All Good

Libertyville, IL

#69 Apr 28, 2013
I agree.... the Village of Alsip is currently flourishing while other surrounding communites are boarding up business and failing. No doubt due to Patrick's leadership and passion for our village, its succeeding and has been in better financial state than we have EVER been in our storied history. Check our bond rating, currently holding the 1st and only AA Bond rating in Alsips history... even with our recession and current economic state. All the naysayers and non
believers just have to open their eyes and look around the Village in the next few years and they will see for themselves the undeniable amazing positive fantastic progress the Action Party has done with the help of our voting majority and the Federal Grants we have achieved.... many many more in 8 years than the UP secured in over 25 years. Open your eyes.... compare Cicero and Pulaski 10 years ago to Cicero and Pulaski now.... more growth in 10 years than the past 20 before.
unhappy camper

Forest Park, IL

#70 Jul 17, 2013
Just listened to the audio of the Alsip Board meeting for 7/15/2013. Mayor Kitching referred to the Red Light cameras as a revenue stream. I thought those were intended for public saftey. So, now he wants to balance his budget on the backs of motorist who don't stop fast enough at the "White" Line. The Gatsos company who proposed using their Red Light cameras tried to ask for an additional $80,000.00 for the construction cost and because the Village said "no" Gatsos changed their proposal to reflect a 1yr contract, as opposed to the original proposal of 6 months. This will give them a chance to recoup their $80,000.00 and not interfere with Kitchings revenue stream. I'm going to invite the neighbors over to listen to the Budget audio next week. Good coffee conversation.
Alsip Love

Whitewater, WI

#71 Jul 17, 2013
unhappy camper wrote:
Just listened to the audio of the Alsip Board meeting for 7/15/2013. Mayor Kitching referred to the Red Light cameras as a revenue stream. I thought those were intended for public saftey. So, now he wants to balance his budget on the backs of motorist who don't stop fast enough at the "White" Line. The Gatsos company who proposed using their Red Light cameras tried to ask for an additional $80,000.00 for the construction cost and because the Village said "no" Gatsos changed their proposal to reflect a 1yr contract, as opposed to the original proposal of 6 months. This will give them a chance to recoup their $80,000.00 and not interfere with Kitchings revenue stream. I'm going to invite the neighbors over to listen to the Budget audio next week. Good coffee conversation.
Its the Villages revenue stream, Mayor Kitching does not keep it for himself dummy. How cute you just realized that red light cameras are nothing more than money makers. The public safety aspect was a country wide ploy, to get them in place and making money. Statistics have haven proven over and over that they create more accidents than they prevent.
unhappy camper

Forest Park, IL

#72 Jul 18, 2013
Ever wonder why Mayor Kirching never tells the audience at a Board meeting, what type of Ordinance they're trying to vote on. At last Monday's meeting they had an Ordinance that Trustee Shapiro introduced regarding the Finance Director, but then he fought to pull it off the agenda. When Trustee McGreal asked why he wanted to pull an Ordinance that he introduced, Shapiro said he didn't understand a couple of things.Why! he's the one introducing the thing. Afterwhich, Trustee Dalzell reminded the Mayor that he chairs Ordinance and Legislation and why is Shapiro introducing an Ordinance, then pulling it from the agenda. Trustee Dalzell explained to the audience that the reason the Ordinance was pulled, is because Trustee Lynn Dwyer left the meeting early and the Mayor wouldn't have the votes to pass this Ordinance. So, if Dalzell wanted to vote on something that the Mayor didn't, I bet this will cost the Village money.
Alsip Love

Chicago, IL

#73 Jul 18, 2013
unhappy camper wrote:
Ever wonder why Mayor Kirching never tells the audience at a Board meeting, what type of Ordinance they're trying to vote on. At last Monday's meeting they had an Ordinance that Trustee Shapiro introduced regarding the Finance Director, but then he fought to pull it off the agenda. When Trustee McGreal asked why he wanted to pull an Ordinance that he introduced, Shapiro said he didn't understand a couple of things.Why! he's the one introducing the thing. Afterwhich, Trustee Dalzell reminded the Mayor that he chairs Ordinance and Legislation and why is Shapiro introducing an Ordinance, then pulling it from the agenda. Trustee Dalzell explained to the audience that the reason the Ordinance was pulled, is because Trustee Lynn Dwyer left the meeting early and the Mayor wouldn't have the votes to pass this Ordinance. So, if Dalzell wanted to vote on something that the Mayor didn't, I bet this will cost the Village money.
This will cost the village nothing, in fact the ordinance is to eliminate that finance directors position which will ultimately save the village more money. Trustee Dazell was upset by this not because Shapiro introduced it and then removed it from the agenda, he was upset because Finance Director Liz G is a political crony of his, and in his tiny mind he was expecting to kill the ordinance because Trustee Dwyer had to leave early. Dazell had no business complaining and trying force a vote on a tabled item. He's s very arrogant and ignorant man. Better question... who the fu┬ęk voted for Ryan??? That guy is a complete moron. Seriously I have a 7 year old niece with more knowledge of business and the public sector than him.
Alsip Love

Chicago, IL

#74 Jul 18, 2013
unhappy camper wrote:
By the way... I have never wondered that, because when I attend Village meetings there is ALWAYS a line item agenda at the front door for all who come. The agenda has ALL of the evenings business line by line including ordinance info.
Fly me to the moon

Forest Park, IL

#75 Jul 19, 2013
Alsip Love wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way... I have never wondered that, because when I attend Village meetings there is ALWAYS a line item agenda at the front door for all who come. The agenda has ALL of the evenings business line by line including ordinance info.
I like Trustee John Ryan, after listening to the Board meeting audio. My neighbor was at last Monday's meeting. Mayor Kitching has so much confidence in his 3 "Idiots" on the Board, that he won't require a potential Tavern owner to make an appearance at a Board meeting and request a Liquor License. Trustee Ryan's right, the Village recently gave Liquor Licenses to George's Diner, Penny's Place,but I remember the Village giving them to Bakers Square, Shell, Speedway and Walgreens. The Gaming Depot's are applying everywhere and the Village Board needs to support existing businesses. Mayor Kitching called it a resturant. Hey Mayor! 20 chairs in the place and 5 are parked in front of Poker Machines, is not a resturant. Besides, anyone who is serious about opening a new resturant, would have been at a meeting to make a presentation as Trustee John Ryan requested. The Mayor and Kevin Michaels are worried about "Christmas Decorations" for the street poles, Really!
blackhawk

Chicago, IL

#76 Jul 19, 2013
Fly me to the moon wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Trustee John Ryan, after listening to the Board meeting audio. My neighbor was at last Monday's meeting. Mayor Kitching has so much confidence in his 3 "Idiots" on the Board, that he won't require a potential Tavern owner to make an appearance at a Board meeting and request a Liquor License. Trustee Ryan's right, the Village recently gave Liquor Licenses to George's Diner, Penny's Place,but I remember the Village giving them to Bakers Square, Shell, Speedway and Walgreens. The Gaming Depot's are applying everywhere and the Village Board needs to support existing businesses. Mayor Kitching called it a resturant. Hey Mayor! 20 chairs in the place and 5 are parked in front of Poker Machines, is not a resturant. Besides, anyone who is serious about opening a new resturant, would have been at a meeting to make a presentation as Trustee John Ryan requested. The Mayor and Kevin Michaels are worried about "Christmas Decorations" for the street poles, Really!
Damn your slow. Trustee Ryan asked for a presentation AFTER he killed the BL and LL, why would that dummy want a presentation after he already denied them... I know why, because he's a buffoon. There's nothing wrong with having a small grill in town that serves beer and wine with a few legal slots. He's holding up village progress for NO GOOD REASON. BTW The Village Christmas plans are always determined in July. The fact that you admittedly like John Ryan speaks volumes about your intelligence and knowledge of village government. You probably think Quinn a great guy too.
Fly Me to the Moon

Forest Park, IL

#77 Sep 14, 2013
blackhawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn your slow. Trustee Ryan asked for a presentation AFTER he killed the BL and LL, why would that dummy want a presentation after he already denied them... I know why, because he's a buffoon. There's nothing wrong with having a small grill in town that serves beer and wine with a few legal slots. He's holding up village progress for NO GOOD REASON. BTW The Village Christmas plans are always determined in July. The fact that you admittedly like John Ryan speaks volumes about your intelligence and knowledge of village government. You probably think Quinn a great guy too.
I went to a recent meeting and I don't appreciate the Mayor having his party sit togather on his left and then he has the audacity to give all of the committee chairman assignments to "His" party, while Trustees McGreal, Dalzell and Ryan get nothing. Mayor Kitching has no interest in unifying this Village Board and he's cheating the taxpayers of Alsip by not allowing the candidates that the Village voted for, to work in the interest of the residents that voted. I plan on starting a recruitment to help rid the Village of the "Action Party Idiots". The independent Trustees enacted ordinances last year to benefit the Board and never interfered with the Mayor, but as soon as the "Action Party" were elected, they overode all of those same ordinances and gave the Mayor full control of everything. Seems like the Action Party Trustees are being told what to do, by the Dictator. Weren't we always taught, not to put all of the eggs in 1 basket? Giving the Action Party full control of the committees, explains why all of the Village meetings only last 15 or 20 minutes, more of the same bullshit, which is why we voted out the "Action Idiots" in 2011.
Fly me to the Moon

Chicago, IL

#79 Sep 14, 2013
Just me wrote:
Joke is mcgreal husband cost the village thousands with not 1 but 2 sexual harassment complaints while a policeman.then dazell quits because he didn't want to work with mcgreal now they are working together. Quinn tried to tear the village apart with salaries and thinkgs to stall projects what everyone needs to realize is alsip is falling apart because the board wants to play its games they need to work together for the village
Typical full of shit answer. Why did the Mayor move John Ryan to the other side of the Board Room, so that "His" Trustees can sequester in private. I have yet so hear the Acton party Trustees vote indifferently. More of the same bullshit that we got from the previous Action Party Idiots. Remember this, remember that? I remember the Action Party asking me to vote for them recently and a campaign worker pointed out that not only was all of their information contrary to the truth, the Action Party never signed their literature and they never made a campaign promise, so they have nothing to live up too. No unification is evident.
Deer Parker

Chicago, IL

#84 Nov 4, 2013
I'm following the latest controversy at the Village meetings. The Mayor and Water Commissioner are trying to have an engineering company from St. Louis oversee a water main replacement on Pulaski, worth about $400,000.00. Trustee McGreal and Trustee Ryan made good arguments to both Mayor Kitching and Water Commissioner Behrens, that you don't appoint a Village Engineer and then give work to someone else, especially from St. Louis. They don't even pay Illinois taxes.
ConcernedandAlar med

Alsip, IL

#86 Jan 28, 2016
What a terrible joke this guy has turned out to be. And not a funny haha joke more like one of those distasteful jokes the drunk guy at the end of the bar that everyone tries to stay away from tells. This guy really is a class act. He thinks he is above the rest of us peons and that only his opinion could possible be correct. But this guy doesn't even have opinions, at least in his view they are fact. From harassing his treasurer, to stealing campaign cash, not to mention trying to install his son on the city council (make it a family affair), cronyism, despotism, slandering the good name of other simply because they disagree with him. This guy has and continues to be dangerous for Alsip. He has created a financial mess that even he, with all his wisdom and knowledge, can't seem to find a solution to. He has managed to singlehandedly turn Alsip and its local government into a running joke. Again, that distasteful and slightly enraging type. He thinks that there should be not digression from what he says should be done. He doesn't believe in putting the possibility of installing term limits for elected officials into the hands of the taxpayers/voters. Whom else should decided a question such as this??? The elected officials?? My God has anyone heard about the disastrous contract negotiations with the fire Dept? This law firm representing the village is inept and needs to be replaced. So many things need to be overhauled and managed properly. It is time to start managing the village of Alsip Mr Mayor and stop managing your sons campaign for future office
WetDeficit Tribe

Blue Island, IL

#87 Jan 28, 2016
Hey Bitchin' Kitchen! How's it been?

It's been a while since the last meeting I attended regarding the South Suburban Joint Action Water Agency, but man...I STILL love listening to those audio clips of you! You are sooooo funny! "That's Lake Michigan water. That's not Chicago's water!" I'm going to have to release some of the ones I engineered a while ago one of these days. Anyone ever compliment you on the passion you put into your words? Amazing stuff!

Perhaps you haven't told your community yet that it looks like SSJAWA is going to be dissolved and that there is yet ANOTHER lawsuit heading the Agency's direction. Ficaro said Monday at Mayor David Webb's office you'll need a legal fund starting at $900,000.

Ficaro also says that SSJAWA knew from the start that you wouldn't be able to get water from Whiting, but your community already knew that.

Don't bother looking at your Village's insurance policy to cover the year and a half of invoices that have been piling up for "professional services" let alone to try to cover this legal fund. I've already begun taking steps to ensure that not one member community is allowed to touch their municipal insurance policy to infuse this Agency with any cash flow.

Of course, perhaps you'll remember your cry for help when you claimed a request for over a cubic foot of materials was politically motivated. Funny thing happened when I looked at the content and reduced it to its proper size. It totaled one ream of paper and extra humor overload just for you, perhaps you missed one of the many audits I performed on your Village's paperwork: https://myfoiajournal.wordpress.com/2011/06/2... Tsk. Tsk. Goin' after those keyword coups is a real no-no to certain groups of people, some being members of your community.

What you see in that blog entry is nothing compared to what I have already accomplished in connection to the SSJAWA website and rest assured, my discoveries have already been widely distributed to people who have zero tolerance for those who have no problem defrauding the public at the taxpayers expense. Remember, Capone was caught via taxes. I have meeting minutes and agendas and I know how to use them.

For the time being, you can call me Carol Price, one of the many members of the WetDeficit Tribe. I realize I'm not her, but what the hell. No one ever gives their real names on this forum anyway and I'm sure Webb, Stillman, Ficaro and Donahue would be happy to tell you exactly who I am.

Just tell them I am the woman who listened to their conversation this past Monday while waiting for a private meeting to commence regarding SSJAWA.

P.S. To the good people of Alsip: While I realize to some measure I am an outsider, we do have the SSJAWA connection in common and thought you'd like to know what I learned about at a public board meeting in my community regarding this current effort to force participating members to cash in their insurance policies to cover the lawsuit expenses. I wish you nothing but luck and success at blocking this effort and hope you demand full compensation for this fraud.

Let the southwest suburbs rise from these ashes stronger and more beautiful than anyone could have ever imagined!
Quantum Dawn

Blue Island, IL

#88 Jan 29, 2016
lulz
Say YES to Term Limits

Palos Heights, IL

#89 Feb 27, 2016
ConcernedandAlarmed wrote:
What a terrible joke this guy has turned out to be. And not a funny haha joke more like one of those distasteful jokes the drunk guy at the end of the bar that everyone tries to stay away from tells. This guy really is a class act. He thinks he is above the rest of us peons and that only his opinion could possible be correct. But this guy doesn't even have opinions, at least in his view they are fact. From harassing his treasurer, to stealing campaign cash, not to mention trying to install his son on the city council (make it a family affair), cronyism, despotism, slandering the good name of other simply because they disagree with him. This guy has and continues to be dangerous for Alsip. He has created a financial mess that even he, with all his wisdom and knowledge, can't seem to find a solution to. He has managed to singlehandedly turn Alsip and its local government into a running joke. Again, that distasteful and slightly enraging type. He thinks that there should be not digression from what he says should be done. He doesn't believe in putting the possibility of installing term limits for elected officials into the hands of the taxpayers/voters. Whom else should decided a question such as this??? The elected officials?? My God has anyone heard about the disastrous contract negotiations with the fire Dept? This law firm representing the village is inept and needs to be replaced. So many things need to be overhauled and managed properly. It is time to start managing the village of Alsip Mr Mayor and stop managing your sons campaign for future office
We were at a party last night here in Alsip and someone passed around the flyer that Kitching mailed to them and we all noticed that he wouldn't use his title of Mayor on the mailing, because he lied about the info regarding Term Limits and can't address this junk mail using his official title. One of the attendees said she listens to all of the Board meeting audio sand the only residents that complained was the Mayors Wife and his Secretary. We are told the Term Limits were discussed at 3 different meetings, over a 6wk span.
The people who's house we were at, said they went to a recent meeting and Kitching wouldn't take his seat, because the Finace person was discussing how Kitching put the Village of Alsip in a $91,000,000.00 deficit, so instead of being accountable, he's doing everything possible to blame the Trustees.

All of the Alsip people at this party agreed to support Term Limits and someone said they know Rick Dalzell, so they're going to have him and John Ryan address their Bunco Club, so everyone can stop supporting the Kitching's. That flyer totally suggest, that Mr. and Mrs. Kitching are trying again to get their son elected as a Mayor, really, no point in getting your feet wet as a Trustee first, just start your career as a Mayor. They must really think a lot less of the Voters to be uninformed. Everyone needs to say "Yes" to Term Limits. I hate Career Politicians!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
124th Street Meetings 58 min Singlefatherof3 14
Hillary 2016 ...Lock Her Up 1 hr Election 2016 14
Stevo at the City Council meeting 2 hr Straight Talk 29
Midlo PD Covey 3 hr Trumbull 7
Lets keep trying Crestwood Police 4 hr Very worried resi... 1
The corruption continues at Bloom Trail... 10 hr Barbara Walters 19
Ralph the ex-Heights fireman 10 hr digger_70 17

South Holland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance