Blue Island Business District

Blue Island Business District

Posted in the South Holland Forum

BUILD BI2

United States

#1 Mar 30, 2013
Taking a walk down Western Ave. This evening - In a years gone by bustling and vibrant business district ...the district is now reflective of years of neglect, stalled planning efforts, an ineffective chamber of commerce, property owners that do not maintain their property, shuttered businesses, closed businesses, business owners that have little pride in showcasing their businesses, littered sidewalks, dirty windows, street lights that are out, vacant buildings that should be demolished (Vermont and Western)....on and on ...certainly not a welcoming environment to "shop Blue Island".

Years of apathy ...Years of neglect ...years of inacation under the watch of the Coalition/Progress party and our state Democratic leader Bob Rita ...who lives in Blue Island!

And now we are faced with the Independent Party - led by a member of the Coalition/Progressive party and comprised by members of the Coalition/Progressive party and Democrats coming together to "better Blue Island". Oh, and with the "assistance" and support of the Rita camp. So much for any claim of "-Independence"!

Really?? Why now? Why not over the past 25 years?

And Tommy Brown? His main claim to fame is the California Rec Center- certainly a worthy cause with value to our community ...but now ever beholding to Mayor Peloquin and the Coalition party.

And, then we have Alan Stevo ... A life-long resident of our community ... An experienced former alderman , someone who understands the needs of our community, an ethical voice for ALL of our community. A man with a vision, a team with passion and energy, caring and committed to our entire community!

The time is now. We need real leadership to pull Blue Island out of the quagmire of neglect.

Stevo It Is!
2nd Ward

Oak Forest, IL

#2 Mar 30, 2013
BUILD BI2 wrote:
Taking a walk down Western Ave. This evening - In a years gone by bustling and vibrant business district ...the district is now reflective of years of neglect, stalled planning efforts, an ineffective chamber of commerce, property owners that do not maintain their property, shuttered businesses, closed businesses, business owners that have little pride in showcasing their businesses, littered sidewalks, dirty windows, street lights that are out, vacant buildings that should be demolished (Vermont and Western)....on and on ...certainly not a welcoming environment to "shop Blue Island".

Years of apathy ...Years of neglect ...years of inacation under the watch of the Coalition/Progress party and our state Democratic leader Bob Rita ...who lives in Blue Island!

And now we are faced with the Independent Party - led by a member of the Coalition/Progressive party and comprised by members of the Coalition/Progressive party and Democrats coming together to "better Blue Island". Oh, and with the "assistance" and support of the Rita camp. So much for any claim of "-Independence"!

Really?? Why now? Why not over the past 25 years?

And Tommy Brown? His main claim to fame is the California Rec Center- certainly a worthy cause with value to our community ...but now ever beholding to Mayor Peloquin and the Coalition party.

And, then we have Alan Stevo ... A life-long resident of our community ... An experienced former alderman , someone who understands the needs of our community, an ethical voice for ALL of our community. A man with a vision, a team with passion and energy, caring and committed to our entire community!

The time is now. We need real leadership to pull Blue Island out of the quagmire of neglect.

Stevo It Is!
I don't think Steve or ANY of the candidates are qualified!!! My advice to everyone is select the lesser of the 3 evils...
Nada

Maywood, IL

#3 Mar 30, 2013
2nd Ward wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Steve or ANY of the candidates are qualified!!! My advice to everyone is select the lesser of the 3 evils...
It irks me so much that a poster like you doesn't have the decency to make a point answering a long detailed post.Who are you ?, the voice of authority and reason? Nope! Think and let us know what's in that pea sized brain of yours.We do not need your advise. There's nothing in your post! Nada!
2nd Ward

Oak Forest, IL

#4 Mar 31, 2013
Nada wrote:
<quoted text>It irks me so much that a poster like you doesn't have the decency to make a point answering a long detailed post.Who are you ?, the voice of authority and reason? Nope! Think and let us know what's in that pea sized brain of yours.We do not need your advise. There's nothing in your post! Nada!
There is nothing in yours either...I'm not the one running for office professing to make BI a better place to live. Every candidate who is running has either been in office for years and has failed to facilitate the growth of BI or they have joined the parties that have done nothing over the years. Please tell us who you are??? Or I believe you already did...Nada!
Nada

Maywood, IL

#5 Mar 31, 2013
Originally referred Nada to your post actually. Hey I was not the one who replied to the long detailed post. You did. At least say why they are not qualified before you say so?

I guess I can accept Nada with regards to my civic duty in this election. My duty is only to vote whereas the candidates brought it up to the next level. It is harder to be a candidate and if only for that reason they deserve some Kudos!
2nd Ward

Oak Forest, IL

#6 Mar 31, 2013
Nada wrote:
Originally referred Nada to your post actually. Hey I was not the one who replied to the long detailed post. You did. At least say why they are not qualified before you say so?

I guess I can accept Nada with regards to my civic duty in this election. My duty is only to vote whereas the candidates brought it up to the next level. It is harder to be a candidate and if only for that reason they deserve some Kudos!
Give me a break....non of the candidates have even addressed the issues that plaque Blue Island...that right there shows their lack of qualifications.
Qualified

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 31, 2013
2nd Ward wrote:
<quoted text>Give me a break....non of the candidates have even addressed the issues that plaque Blue Island...that right there shows their lack of qualifications.
You are either hard to please, closed minded or a very happy camper nonetheless. You are very happy with the high taxes and city debt you're somehow going to pay, the feasibility study that you're going to fund, the crappy streets that gives you those annoying bumpy rides, the empty businesses uptown, the friends and family city hall affair, not to mention our law enforcement debacle and their little sort of soap opera, etc., etc., etc.) that forces you to work harder so you can pay their salaries and lawsuit settlements: I scratch yours, you scratch mine mentality. C'mon, gloat.

You forgot to mention what are the issues that are plaguing Blue Island that you said has not been addressed and what must be a candidate's qualifications according to your high standards.

Qualified candidates of past elections
brought us nowhere. What we need is, plain and simple:a responsible,
unselfish,, incorruptible, strong and proven independent person! Stevo, it is!
2nd Ward

Oak Forest, IL

#8 Mar 31, 2013
Qualified wrote:
<quoted text>You are either hard to please, closed minded or a very happy camper nonetheless. You are very happy with the high taxes and city debt you're somehow going to pay, the feasibility study that you're going to fund, the crappy streets that gives you those annoying bumpy rides, the empty businesses uptown, the friends and family city hall affair, not to mention our law enforcement debacle and their little sort of soap opera, etc., etc., etc.) that forces you to work harder so you can pay their salaries and lawsuit settlements: I scratch yours, you scratch mine mentality. C'mon, gloat.

You forgot to mention what are the issues that are plaguing Blue Island that you said has not been addressed and what must be a candidate's qualifications according to your high standards.

Qualified candidates of past elections
brought us nowhere. What we need is, plain and simple:a responsible,
unselfish,, incorruptible, strong and proven independent person! Stevo, it is!
I didn't say our previous candidates in office were qualified. It sounds as though you thought they were. Yes I do have high standards. Maybe if other people did as well, Blue Island would be a better place!
Sit

Chicago, IL

#9 Mar 31, 2013
2nd Ward wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say our previous candidates in office were qualified. It sounds as though you thought they were. Yes I do have high standards. Maybe if other people did as well, Blue Island would be a better place!
No their supporters thought they were.

If you have your own high standards then, do not just sit on the sidelines and whine. You should've run yourself but since those candidates stepped up to the plate and you didn't, then just stand by and watch. If you want change, effect change. It is not enough to complain and hope for change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Domingo Vargas next Democratic Mayor of Blue Is... (Apr '09) 30 min Totally BIIP 276
Snow removal, 2014 (Feb '14) 38 min BIPPED 242
Robert Rita takes the oath. Becomes a member of... (Jan '15) 49 min BI Deserves Better 80
Code Red... Powered by Topix 10 hr BI Deserves Better 42
Alderman Hawley and his misinformation program (Feb '14) 12 hr inquiring minds 180
She is running again 18 hr not good 4
Oak Forest loses another business 20 hr Resdient Elect 2

South Holland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Holland Mortgages