Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52052 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Scott

Manhattan, IL

#38694 May 2, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately we live in America where your religious beliefs are not required of anyone.
You will be sorry!!!!!!!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#38695 May 2, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Well, then, its my pleasure to inform you that you're absolutely incorrect.
Carry on.
You are the one that is incorrect and you will be sorry if you don't get your mind right!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#38696 May 2, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
meanwhile, back here in reality...
This reality. You need to pay attention.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#38697 May 2, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
When you die and find out you're just dead, will you be sorry for wasting your life believing in superstitious nonsense?
Nope. Nothing in this world could make me believe anything else. You should read the Bible, it's the greatest history book there is.
anothercrybaby

Manhattan, IL

#38698 May 2, 2013
I am really upset because I am gay. I don't want to be gay but I can't hel it.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#38699 May 3, 2013
Nope.
If my "belief" is wrong then I won't be in existence( no harm no foul ).
But if I'm right.......

So please answer the question.
What if your "belief" are wrong?
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
When you die and find out you're just dead, will you be sorry for wasting your life believing in superstitious nonsense?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#38700 May 3, 2013
CDC wrote:
Nope.
If my "belief" is wrong then I won't be in existence( no harm no foul ).
But if I'm right.......
So please answer the question.
What if your "belief" are wrong?
<quoted text>
yes, like most people of "faith", you are just hedging your bet. deep in the back of your little mind you must see the proven mythical nature of your religious cult.

i know it is tough to let go of something you are so indoctrinated to, but use reason and become a thinking self-aware being!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#38701 May 3, 2013
wrong again.
My career is in an advance scientific field.
I don't belong to ANY religion.
Naturally, you can not prove the NON-existence of GOD.
You just merely have different "beliefs".
NEXT....
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, like most people of "faith", you are just hedging your bet. deep in the back of your little mind you must see the proven mythical nature of your religious cult.
i know it is tough to let go of something you are so indoctrinated to, but use reason and become a thinking self-aware being!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#38702 May 3, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that is incorrect and you will be sorry if you don't get your mind right!
Oh, I forgot...you worship the psychopathic god of blackmail....
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#38703 May 3, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I forgot...you worship the psychopathic god of blackmail....
No, I think that would be you.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#38704 May 3, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I forgot...you worship the psychopathic god of blackmail....
GOD is all around but you can't feel him because SATAN has such a tight grip on your mind and your heart.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#38705 May 4, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD is all around but you can't feel him because SATAN has such a tight grip on your mind and your heart.
Just as there is no god, there is no satan...so, really, you're not making very much sense at this point...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#38707 May 4, 2013
the real fact king wrote:
Just Think I would imaging you believe in ET and the Easter bunny to if you have that kind of mind set maybe do some more meth you might see God then and you can tell him you don't believe? BTW were guessing your one of those closet gays we here about?
What language are your trying to speak, trailer trash?
CDC

Waterloo, IL

#38708 May 4, 2013
It is pathetic when a person thinks we are just a bunch of random chemicals.
True knowledge thinks outside the box.
Why have you boxed your thoughts?
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as there is no god, there is no satan...so, really, you're not making very much sense at this point...
Reagan was a fool

Effingham, IL

#38711 May 4, 2013
the real fact king wrote:
Come to Charleston IL and I'll give you a Johnson Bar and a little more why don't you stop by and get Just Think they must think their above us?
A serious question: just how far did you go in school? I've seen 4th graders with better writing skills.
Pat's gay roomate

Oak Lawn, IL

#38712 May 4, 2013
Reagan was a fool wrote:
<quoted text>A serious question: just how far did you go in school? I've seen 4th graders with better writing skills.
Oh the old you can't use grammar retort again.

“"It's The Right Thing To Do"”

Since: Sep 11

Ossining New York

#38715 May 4, 2013
the real fact king wrote:
As long as I get my point across wetard I don't care your a cuntbitch who thinks their above everybody else the lowly masses will be the rulers one day while you piss ants will bite the big one and you will beg for mercy and get none repeat now lowlife we are waiting for you and I am THE KING OF TOPIX bow down before me you lowlife meth head BTW I am guessing your gay also?
And would those be your continuous and off topic unintelligent and irrelevant bigoted posts? Thos?,Geez buddy,you sure have a lot of hate and judgment for a Faux Christian? Your Jesus isn't going to be very happy with you after he reads the hatred you post! How about you try to follow what he actually taught? Jesus was a progressive liberal you know!LOL

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#38716 May 4, 2013
The bible says we will multiply...Okay When a White &black person or white &Hispanic or Hispanic and Black person or any other races mix You get my point INTERACIAL RELATIONSHIPS. They have a human being meaning they Multiply..Right..Well in Same sex relationships there is no way here on earth that They can multiply SO HOW CAN THEY SEE THAT RIGHT IN ANY WAY AT ALL.. If you think its right I don't know what God you worship or what bible you study but I haven't seen one and dot want to..I am not in a same sex or interacial RELATIONSHIP but I Do Believe in God and my beliefs...and Let them go and Let God be the Judge. God Bless All.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#38717 May 4, 2013
Restless Spirits wrote:
<quoted text>
And would those be your continuous and off topic unintelligent and irrelevant bigoted posts? Thos?,Geez buddy,you sure have a lot of hate and judgment for a Faux Christian? Your Jesus isn't going to be very happy with you after he reads the hatred you post! How about you try to follow what he actually taught? Jesus was a progressive liberal you know!LOL
."this mess is a disgrace to God" glad I don't have to answer for your sins.May God Bless you.
Time To Let It Go

Tempe, AZ

#38718 May 4, 2013
laugh4-ignorance_76 wrote:
The bible says we will multiply...Okay When a White &black person or white &Hispanic or Hispanic and Black person or any other races mix You get my point INTERACIAL RELATIONSHIPS. They have a human being meaning they Multiply..Right..Well in Same sex relationships there is no way here on earth that They can multiply SO HOW CAN THEY SEE THAT RIGHT IN ANY WAY AT ALL.. If you think its right I don't know what God you worship or what bible you study but I haven't seen one and dot want to..I am not in a same sex or interacial RELATIONSHIP but I Do Believe in God and my beliefs...and Let them go and Let God be the Judge. God Bless All.
And when did they pass a law that makes it a requirement to procreate in order to marry? There are many reasons to form a union and procreation is only one of them! There are thousands of couples who marry and choose not to have children and there are thousands of couples who cannot procreate,does this stop them from marrying? This country is NOT a theocracy but is in fact a SECULAR nation with a separation of church and state for good reason! Worship in any way shape or form you want but keep it to yourself and don't try to force your beliefs on others who may believe differently than yourself! We are ruled by our Constitution and not the bible,and try reading the 14th amendment which states "Equal treatment" under the law for all Americans! There are now 10 states that have legalized SSM and come June California will also be back in that column when prop 8 is once and for all declared to be unconstitutional! I'm not gay but I believe gays should have the right to marry if they so desire it hurts no one and in the future will be the law of the land! Now go into your church shut and lock the doors and preach to the choir,just keep it to yourself!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blue island and businesses and jobs 4 min Rebuild BI 7
Vargas/Greene/Kuehner ticket 22 min Betrayed by BIIP 7
mayor domingo vargas 10 hr PANCHO VILLA 1
Channel 4 City Council Meetings 11 hr Good Night Jake 49
Throwback Thursday 17 hr Throw em out 40
Blue Island Gravy Train 21 hr Follow the Money 61
Marketing Blue Island 22 hr Get REAL 34

South Holland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Holland Mortgages