Money Waster Kreis
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

Midlothian, IL

#1 Mar 29, 2013
So I just saw the website for Kreis. She is running as the “Taxpayer Watchdog.” What a joke. She wanted the special electoral attorney hired. Now the bill needs to be paid for the attorney and the court reporter and she makes a fuss. This is just the latest example of her refusing to pay bills for services already provided to the village! If bills are not paid, that leaves the village open to a lawsuit – which will cost the taxpayers even more money. Her idea of being a “watchdog” is to vote no to every financial situation – including paying bills. I can’t imagine what shape her personal finances are in with that type of philosophy.
Midlo Taxpayer

Lockport, IL

#2 Mar 29, 2013
Watchdog my eye. A watchdog is defined as a person or organization guarding against illegal practices, unacceptable standards, or inefficiency. Kreis voting to not pay bills is unethical.
Clyde

Midlothian, IL

#3 Mar 29, 2013
Karen did the correct thing when she asked for a different election judge, None of the 4 people that are running against Terry could have gotten a fair chance.

If you want to blame Terry's election who filed the paperwork that got this mess started. Funny once this happened all 4 objections were dropped. Terry & co all found out that they were going to have to pay for being STUPID in starting this mess.

Both Karen & Jerry voted against the village paying for the additional costs. Terry & co. should have paid for the costs out of their reelection funds, not out of the Village funds.

These costs have been payed for by the village. This just shows how Terry, Moe, and a few others want to keep spending.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4 Mar 29, 2013
Karen saves us money more than anyone else on the board (save Killelea as he is just as good).

Maybe if the charges weren't bogus in the first place she wouldn't have to make a fuss over it.
Pat

Midlothian, IL

#5 Mar 29, 2013
I have to agree with Clyde and unregistered poster. This never should have happened.

Kreis Killelia and Gillis are doing their best to get things running correctly
I Believe

Lockport, IL

#6 Mar 29, 2013
Agree with the last few posters...this should have been paid from the "Village Pride Party" and NOT from our Village Funds...which we do not have a lot of left.

Once again, there should have never have been objections filed...but someone thought it was a good idea, strong-armed a few residents to file them...who then found the courage to withdraw their objections because it was wrong in the first place.

Keep wasting money and playing stupid political games...sad.
BackRybak

Hammond, IN

#7 Mar 29, 2013
Sad thing about all this is that Terry and his political cronies,ie: Moskal, MOpig and the Spaghetti spinner think they are doing us a service.
Get Rid of Kreis

Lockport, IL

#8 Mar 30, 2013
Kreis supported Ryan in his election so I am definitely not voting for her. This is just another example of her poor judgment.
I Believe

Lockport, IL

#9 Mar 30, 2013
LOL Kreis supported Ryan so you are not voting for her? Terry brought on Ryan but you are ok with THAT?

Great logic
BackKaren

Midlothian, IL

#10 Mar 30, 2013
Karen supported Larry Ryan because they are friends and Larry actually cared about this village. He may have been a pain in the ass, but he wanted to do what was right. Terry supported Larry Ryan until he was done using him. Then he stabbed him in the back as he has done to a lot of his supporters. Terry is upset with Karen because she is smarter than him. Ask Terry, Mo, Allen, or Vince what they have done for this village besides throw it in the crapper. Then learn that Karen has written, applied for, and received numerous grants for this village while returning a substantial portion of her meager trustee pay. I only wish that Karen would of ran for mayor, because I don't think Sharon can pull it off.
Get Rid of Kreis

Lockport, IL

#11 Mar 31, 2013
Kreis will jump on board with whoever is paying the bill. First she ran with the Action party, then the Independent party and then she ran with Terry, and now she is running independently because Killelea is paying for her election bills. She will not get my vote.

Midlothian, IL

#12 Mar 31, 2013
You people have missed the point. First, Kreis insisted that the attorney be hired and then voted against paying the bill. That is wrong on multiple levels. Regardless of whether the objections should have been filed, the work was completed by the attorney and court reporter - they are entitled to be paid. Don't you expect payment for the work you do? This is not the first time she has voted not to pay people.

Since: Mar 11

Midlothian, Il

#13 Mar 31, 2013
I agree Midlo Citizen, when you hire someone you need to pay for the work. Kreis votes no just to say she is looking out for the taxpayers. What she seems to ignore is that the taxpayers will have to pay more if the village is sued for not paying their bills. Killelea even voted against Kreis to pay the bill for the attorney!

Location hidden

#14 Mar 31, 2013
I didn't miss the point. I think the mayor's party that didn't follow proper procedures and filed ridiculous charges against them should pay out of their pocket. Karen can demand the help and still not think it's the village's responsibility to pay for it. Killelea probably just wanted it over with, but his petitions weren't charged (as he isn't running) so his stake in it isn't the same as Karen's.

Course that's politics. There is always someone pulling some under the table bs to make their opponents look bad. The irony is that Karen is one of the single most trustworthy people I have ever met. She gets my vote any time.
Get Rid of Kreis

Lockport, IL

#15 Mar 31, 2013
I am definitely not voting for Kreis. Filing the objections has nothing to do with insisting an outside special attorney be hired - which is what Kreis did. Now she doesn't want to pay him - that is what I object to. Another problem I have with her is that she thinks she is above the law, as she is still driving around town yakking on her cell phone that she is holding in her hand.
justathought

Hammond, IN

#16 Mar 31, 2013
So,now that the Karen bashing has started, my question to all the good righteous people on here. Are you going to Church today to show your fellow bashers how good people you are and preach how only your opposition are the evil ones? Make sure you all ask Father Feelyouup and Father Loveboys for forgiveness.

Midlothian, IL

#17 Mar 31, 2013
Just stating the facts. Kreis votes "no" to paying bills, even the ones she causes.

Location hidden

#18 Mar 31, 2013
She didn't cause it directly. That's the point. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with her decision...My 'guess' is she was voting no on principle, knowing it would still pass. I can't blame her for that. She knows she did nothing wrong, and she knows that they didn't even follow proper procedures to file their grievance. Can't say I blame her at all. She's getting stepped on because she chose to run independent and chooses to say no instead of giving the powers that be everything they want.
MidloVoter

Midlothian, IL

#19 Mar 31, 2013
I was just perusing Karen's election literature and I noticed that her experience includes being "Director of Budget & Expenditure Control" at Oak Forest Hospital (another fine Crook County managed organization)- I wonder if that is where she learned that we can "save money" by not paying our bills??? Sounds like she belongs in Springfield instead of Midlothian!
Taxpayer Watchdog

Midlothian, IL

#20 Mar 31, 2013
Sounds like the old commercials for Judy Barr Topinka "Save money by not paying your bills, Karen Kreis, What's She Thinking???"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Markham Police (Jan '09) 7 hr Old school 355
District 142 Board Member out of control 8 hr D142Momma 134
Steger news by residents (Jan '08) 10 hr butch 10,239
Beth Anne Thomas is suing the BIPD 10 hr Very Troubling 82
Domingo Vargas next Democratic Mayor of Blue Is... (Apr '09) 11 hr More Bad News 117
Should the Blue Island Recreation Center be ren... 12 hr Corrective Action... 108
Posen is Ripping Us Off On Our Water (Oct '09) 13 hr Plainfield 48
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Holland Mortgages