Has Mayor Terry Stephens FAILED Midlo...

Has Mayor Terry Stephens FAILED Midlothain ?

Created by NO - WHITE GUILT on Apr 3, 2013

615 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

no

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“"Never Been KO'd"”

Since: May 12

Midlothain,IL

#1 Apr 3, 2013
2009 Campaign Video

Failed Promises ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

In my humble opinion

“"Never Been KO'd"”

Since: May 12

Midlothain,IL

#2 Apr 3, 2013
Please note: In my post above, the links provided show two different videos.
Chris N

Midlothian, IL

#3 Apr 3, 2013
Yes he has!
concerned resident

Midlothian, IL

#4 Apr 3, 2013
Not only has he failed to do what he promised before the last election, he still keeps on doing that.

The forensic audit of the village books.
Hiring a Deputy Police Chief, the village did not have 1 for numerous years. How about hiring the overpriced lawyer. The village administrator who has yet to bring a single business to the community.How about the executive secretary You know McGraths old secretary.How about letting non emergency personnel to take home village vehicles. How about the administrator taking a seized Range Rover home to Palatine every day. You say you are cutting down on spending Where?

And last but not least. Why has our insurance carrier opened an investigation on people who were not village employees at the time you had them covered. What about the IRS investigating the use of village vehicles? What about the FBI investigation of the Police dept.

Terry face it you FAILED
Get Rid of Kreis

Romeoville, IL

#5 Apr 4, 2013
Vote Stephens, Potempa, Munoz, Crim, and Gillis
I want my town back

Chicago, IL

#6 Apr 4, 2013
Audit lie? Fail

Reducing size of village staff? Fail big time

Keeping expenditures LOWER than revenue? Fail

Keeping taxes lower under home rule (i.e. gas, now proposed food and drink taxes)? Fail

Keeping property taxes in check (village portion, can't do anything about Crook county)? Fail

Keeping his promise of open and honest government with town hall meetings? Fail.

You can ask Terry why things are the way they are and the answer you will get is we have to be fair to the employees of the village. Really Terry? I don't want to see someone lose their job either, BUT when someone isn't doing their job right it is time to replace them with someone that can. Instead you keep giving them a paycheck and they know they don't have to do their job right.

The employee that did not add the increase from Chicago for TWO years in a row.

The attorney who needs his worked checked by other lawyers because he is a real estate attorney.

A village administrator that has brought NOTHING to this town but empty promises and even took credit for landing Airport Cycle before it was signed, then we didn't even get the business.

A village employee who leaked personal water bill information about a candidate for the last trustee election.

The posting for the job of a secretary for the new full-time attorney then the job going to that attorney's secretary.

The administration must be changed if we are to get our house in order. Fire our attorney, Drop our administrator, and get rid of the unnecessary secretaries that look around trying to figure out if they need to get off their ass to take care of the citizens at the glass with a question or water bill.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian

#9 Apr 4, 2013
Were they lies, or honest failures?
The truth seems clear, in the Monitor mailer.
He was supposed to be a new-style politician
Instead he had another mission.
Terry lied and said what we wanted to hear,
He trounced the man who governed with fear.
But now we have a new horror story,
The details here are quite gorry.
Taxes and spending have gone through the roof,
Yet our mayor seems quite aloof.
Lang, Zamiar, Borne, and McGrath,
These folks think they'll have the last laugh.
Let's hope the taxpayers soon get even,
And send a packing Mayor Stephens!
lol

Blue Island, IL

#10 Apr 4, 2013
wonder who paid for the fake newspaper the MidlothianMoniter with fake statistics.
stop talkin

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 4, 2013
lol wrote:
wonder who paid for the fake newspaper the MidlothianMoniter with fake statistics.
You wish those stats were fake. The problem you will have proving that is that all the facts a verifiable. So just stop talking now and save yourself the embarrassment.
lol

Blue Island, IL

#12 Apr 4, 2013
why would I be embarrassed I didn't send out a fake paper to try and persuade people that I was endorsed by a publication.
we agree

Blue Island, IL

#13 Apr 4, 2013
lol wrote:
why would I be embarrassed I didn't send out a fake paper to try and persuade people that I was endorsed by a publication.
you mean fake publication.

Since: Jan 13

Chicago, IL

#14 Apr 4, 2013
Was a fun read last night.
letyouknow

Oak Forest, IL

#15 Apr 4, 2013
NO - WHITE GUILT wrote:
2009 Campaign Video
Failed Promises ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qEBDvm9alFAXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
In my humble opinion
The second video is Terry talking to his Sister in Law.
Taser

Scottsdale, AZ

#17 Apr 4, 2013
His Sister in Law, LOL LOL !

The vote tally on this thread is promising.

Terry and Crew should give their concession speech at the now defunct Mid Villa Pizza...How fitting !
Get Rid of Kreis

Romeoville, IL

#19 Apr 5, 2013
Vote Stephens, Potempa, Munoz, Crim, and Gillis
Midlothian voter

Blue Island, IL

#20 Apr 5, 2013
Terry ran for election four years ago stating that taxes needed to be raised to maintain the police and fire departments at their current levels because of lost revenue due to the dealerships closing. That was the truth. It is true that property taxes have gone up. It is also true that my property taxes are less than any one else I know. If you know someone paying less in property taxes, can you honestly say that you would want to live in that town?
Edward Nigma wrote:
Were they lies, or honest failures?
The truth seems clear, in the Monitor mailer.
He was supposed to be a new-style politician
Instead he had another mission.
Terry lied and said what we wanted to hear,
He trounced the man who governed with fear.
But now we have a new horror story,
The details here are quite gorry.
Taxes and spending have gone through the roof,
Yet our mayor seems quite aloof.
Lang, Zamiar, Borne, and McGrath,
These folks think they'll have the last laugh.
Let's hope the taxpayers soon get even,
And send a packing Mayor Stephens!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#21 Apr 5, 2013
Midlothian voter wrote:
<quoted text>Terry ran for election four years ago stating that taxes needed to be raised to maintain the police and fire departments at their current levels because of lost revenue due to the dealerships closing. That was the truth. It is true that property taxes have gone up. It is also true that my property taxes are less than any one else I know. If you know someone paying less in property taxes, can you honestly say that you would want to live in that town?
It's also true that the car dealers closing cost the village about $1.3 million a year in sales tax while the new property taxes are almost $3 million a year. What's the extra $1.7 million being spent on?
Scott

Naperville, IL

#22 Apr 5, 2013
This town can NOT be fixed in the amnount of time this Mayor has had. You people are about the biggest complainers I have ever seen in my life. You come here and you talk crap but then you don't want to show up for town meetings and such. Shut your mouths and don't vote for the man, by my estimate he is going to win re-election.

Pull up your garbage cans on time and shut your faces.
Get Rid of Kreis

Romeoville, IL

#23 Apr 5, 2013
Midlothian voter wrote:
Terry ran for election four years ago stating that taxes needed to be raised to maintain the police and fire departments at their current levels because of lost revenue due to the dealerships closing. That was the truth. It is true that property taxes have gone up. It is also true that my property taxes are less than any one else I know. If you know someone paying less in property taxes, can you honestly say that you would want to live in that town?
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right. Vote Stephens, Potempa, Munoz, Crim, and Gillis
Get A Life

Midlothian, IL

#24 Apr 5, 2013
Get Rid of Kreis wrote:
<quoted text>You are absolutely right. Vote Stephens, Potempa, Munoz, Crim, and Gillis
Signed everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are we trying to hide a shady past Arty? 6 min Obumer 19
Scumbag settlement leach and woman beater ART TOTH 27 min Obumer 6
Congrats To Jason BIPD newest brass 4 hr Doug 39
Lake Shore Waste starts next week 5 hr Wink 23
where is our garbage money 8 hr Hold Them Respons... 76
What happened to Beautiful Mexican mural @ olde... (May '09) 9 hr Frausto 424
Stop the Cook County Tax Increase com 19 hr What Will You Do 30

South Holland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance