midlothian mayor election
Define Good Guy

Chicago, IL

#617 Feb 2, 2013
Good guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a question you should ask yourself about Midlothians mayor!
He's got my NO CONFIDENCE VOTE!
Friends

Chicago, IL

#618 Feb 3, 2013
Good guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because I'm a good guy doesn't mean I would do what's best for your town or your money!
You can never have too much money, too many pensions, or too many positions, my friends.

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#619 Feb 5, 2013
Well seems the teams are set. Looks like Gary stayed on team Stephens.

I wonder if anyone will ask the question are we better of then we were 4 years ago. Well seems a couple are the attorney, the village administrator (who is glad he is not paid by results) and the village hall. Seems we owe a lot of money.
justbeacuse

Dolton, IL

#620 Feb 5, 2013
Midlo resident wrote:
Well seems the teams are set. Looks like Gary stayed on team Stephens.
I wonder if anyone will ask the question are we better of then we were 4 years ago. Well seems a couple are the attorney, the village administrator (who is glad he is not paid by results) and the village hall. Seems we owe a lot of money.
Gary stayed with Terry because he knows if he didn't , he would get thrown under the Bus the way his buddy Larry did a couple of years ago. besides, he has to show loyalty for getting appointed. Another sell out.
Hole On Thar

Chicago, IL

#621 Feb 5, 2013
justbeacuse wrote:
<quoted text> Gary stayed with Terry because he knows if he didn't , he would get thrown under the Bus the way his buddy Larry did a couple of years ago. besides, he has to show loyalty for getting appointed. Another sell out.
I don't think anybody can disagree with the first part of your statement. But I haven't heard anybody point out anything that says Gary has voted anything not in the best interest of the people of Midlothian. I'm going to need to see him screw up before I accuse him of being a sell out.
Depressing

Chicago, IL

#622 Feb 5, 2013
Midlo resident wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing about attending meetings go to a few and you will be a little bit more depressed about the financial situation. The same with reading your tax bill.
Agreed and a greed.
strange

United States

#623 Feb 5, 2013
I received a letter, bashing a person running for mayor of Midlothian funny thing it's not signed or no return address, come on man if your going to play big boy baseball sign your names.
T.murphy Tripp
Dutch Oven Chef

Blue Island, IL

#625 Feb 5, 2013
I got the same letter Strange. Seems the election type crap is starting now!! I can hardly wait to see what comes in the mail next.
strange

United States

#626 Feb 5, 2013
Bashed Rybak

“26 year Midlo resident”

Wichita, Kansas

#627 Feb 6, 2013
strange wrote:
I received a letter, bashing a person running for mayor of Midlothian funny thing it's not signed or no return address, come on man if your going to play big boy baseball sign your names.
T.murphy Tripp
I have seen this letter. Seems to be showing the way they want to run this election. Kind of interesting whoever sent these out does not have the balls (excuse my language)to put their name on it. Looks more like junk mail.

Maybe they are worried about everyone hearing what has been going on. Well I guess the truth hurts.
midlothian voter

Midlothian, IL

#628 Feb 6, 2013
Midlo resident wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen this letter. Seems to be showing the way they want to run this election. Kind of interesting whoever sent these out does not have the balls (excuse my language)to put their name on it. Looks more like junk mail.

Maybe they are worried about everyone hearing what has been going on. Well I guess the truth hurts.
They must be just like you, maybe if you but your real name they would but there's.

“26 year Midlo resident”

Wichita, Kansas

#629 Feb 6, 2013
Well I am not mailing things to voters. And I am not alleging any facts.

5yr Midlo Resident

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#630 Feb 6, 2013
These letters are so common, but I think they speak more to the character of the people that send them than to the candidate they are "slamming."

I didn't get one so I don't know what it says, but I'd take it with a grain of salt and do the best you can to research and talk with people in the know. That's all any of us can do right?
Just a thought

Hinesville, GA

#631 Feb 6, 2013
The objection to all the independent candidates were dropped. Why must any of them explain why they were objected to? Any money the village had to spend in this process was already spent. Dropping the objections did not save the taxpayers a dime. If the local electorial board had removed Sharon, or anyone else, the appeals would have gone through the county court system and the candidates and objectors would have beared the cost.
So maybe Terry and his party need to explain why they filed these objections. Why they put this burden on the village. Why they cost the taxpayers thousands of dollars in unnecessary legal fees. These objections were not filed by random citizens, they were filed by people closest to Terry campaign. Why? Why? Why? Does Terry think this is all a game? Is he afraid to explain his record to the voters so he tried to eliminate the competition?
Terry Stephens you are the ONLY one who has explaining to do!!!
strange

United States

#632 Feb 6, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
The objection to all the independent candidates were dropped. Why must any of them explain why they were objected to? Any money the village had to spend in this process was already spent. Dropping the objections did not save the taxpayers a dime. If the local electorial board had removed Sharon, or anyone else, the appeals would have gone through the county court system and the candidates and objectors would have beared the cost.
So maybe Terry and his party need to explain why they filed these objections. Why they put this burden on the village. Why they cost the taxpayers thousands of dollars in unnecessary legal fees. These objections were not filed by random citizens, they were filed by people closest to Terry campaign. Why? Why? Why? Does Terry think this is all a game? Is he afraid to explain his record to the voters so he tried to eliminate the competition?
Yes he scared. All his promises 4 years ago nothing came true, except the hiring of a lawyer and village manager, the paying of medical bills for someone who was not on the insurance then hired him.... I WANT MY TOWN BACK
Cut the excess fat example, bye bye lawyer, bye bye village manger for 100,00+ we could probally get a better one for 55,000

“26 year Midlo resident”

Wichita, Kansas

#633 Feb 6, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
That is what someone would have to wonder why did they file these in the first place? Just to withdraw them. Maybe just to create the optics of impropriety. And also troubling is who did file them. This is probably just the start. Then the Friends of Terry Stephens sends out those letters.
clinton

Midlothian, IL

#634 Feb 6, 2013
They sent out a bashing, just horrible letter about good old larry ryan last election.It has to be someone with the terry stephens re-election party who ran againist ryan last election ...clinton
Interesting

Chicago, IL

#635 Feb 6, 2013
If that's all they have and they don't have the guts to say Terry sent it, that's just sad. Is that what he thinks of the residents? That everyone is stupid and won't know it came from them? You have to be afraid of someone that has to resort to this kind if tactic. It just shows he can't send out something saying all the good things he did so he has to send out something bashing someone else.
strange

Midlothian, IL

#636 Feb 6, 2013
Anyone going to the meeting tonight
reality is

Palos Hills, IL

#637 Feb 6, 2013
they (terry and the gang) send out these letter without and return address or signature because then they don't have to claim it as an expense and file a report with the state election board. the piece of SH$T board has been playing this way since before tommy boy. the sad thing is that you morons will fall for the crap and re-elect the fool who is ruining your once great town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal Dumping in Blue Island Illinois 2 hr Concerned 4
Mike Cornell 5 hr Officer Obee 32
Public Hearing for Water Rate Increase 14 hr Bl Elected Officials 79
BIIP Cost Cutting Ideas 16 hr BIIP 17
Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club is a joke! (Sep '14) 17 hr Tall jim 24
Raciss Police 18 hr Concerned 6
biip blue island a trainwreak 18 hr Burnt 10

South Holland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance