stephens is running a full ticket
mayor
clerk potempa
trustee gary l
trustee andy
trustee ??
kreis and gillis are running independent
george doeden possible independent clerk
Will anyone be able to keep Gary and friends out of the bars now that the machines are here? Who's Andy? Karen could beat Terry with her hands tied if she run for Mayor. Then you would see change for positive not like the Terry/Obama change.
clyde

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

There is no possible way to get any worse than we have Terry gers reelected.
upset resident

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Midlo 50 yrs wrote:
<quoted text>
mayor
clerk potempa
trustee gary l
trustee andy
trustee ??
Here is the truth...Karen and Jerry Gillis are running as independents because they are tired of all the unnecessary spending going on in the Village. Who are the last two trustees anyway....have not seen them at any village board meetings. More Yes men for Terry?
upset resident

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Karen should run against Terry. She has consistantly voted against spending money the Village DOES NOT HAVE. She votes for the residents of Midlothian. Who are the two trustees running with Terry? Never heard of these two before. What qualifications do they have? Do they live in Midlothian?
upset resident

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

clyde wrote:
First off Midlothian Voter if you sit down and look at all of the votes that have been taken lately you will see that Karen, Jerry, and Don have voted against the senseless spending. Karen is going to run as a independent, not sure about Jerry.
If you look back at the past meetings you will realize that for the past few years Karen, Don, and Jerry have all been saying there has been MAJOR MONEY PROBLEMS
Something is really wrong in town. 3 Trustees have been saying for the past few years that we were running in the red. And the whole time Terry and his YES men have been telling everybody that Karen,Don,and Jerry were wrong. Whoops Terry you got caught lying to the residents again
I would vote for Karen in a heartbeat. This is supposed to be the Village that Pride Built. Where is the pride when money is spent you don't have and no businesses want to come here? Time for a change!!!
BOB K

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Midlo 50 yrs wrote:
<quoted text>
mayor
clerk potempa
trustee gary l
trustee andy
trustee ??
George Doeden, what a joke

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

It will be interesting to see how this goes. I wonder with this mess and us basically running in the red who else would want the job. Kind of hard for the residents to keep up a positive attitude at this point. But we will have to try.
Midlothian voter

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

upset resident wrote:
Karen should run against Terry. She has consistantly voted against spending money the Village DOES NOT HAVE. She votes for the residents of Midlothian. Who are the two trustees running with Terry? Never heard of these two before. What qualifications do they have? Do they live in Midlothian?
Karen is to cheap to run against Terry, unless Mr. Moneybags is going to pay for everything for her.
clyde

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Who is Mr. Moneybags?
Nomoneyhere

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

I think he means Chuck Hillyer.
stop_bitchen

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

who is karen? and who is running for election!???
Midlo idiots

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Yes it is true the mayor has spent money but the money came from a grant. Yes a grant from the Feds. Karen and Jerry voted against the spending. Why. The Mayor had to spend the money as part of a provision of the grant. If he did not spend it the Village would have lost it. Yes the money would have had to have gone back to the Feds. Karen and Don tried to vote against the spending because the two idiots wanted to put it in the bank and save it. You cannot do that with a federal grant. The money has to be spent or the town loses it. And speaking of the two wise trustees, the two, Karen and Jerry decided to table a loan and because the two tabled it it cost the village 800,000 in the difference of the loan percentage going up. Karen and Don and Jerry have no business as trustees.
hey

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Midlo idiots wrote:
Yes it is true the mayor has spent money but the money came from a grant. Yes a grant from the Feds. Karen and Jerry voted against the spending. Why. The Mayor had to spend the money as part of a provision of the grant. If he did not spend it the Village would have lost it. Yes the money would have had to have gone back to the Feds. Karen and Don tried to vote against the spending because the two idiots wanted to put it in the bank and save it. You cannot do that with a federal grant. The money has to be spent or the town loses it. And speaking of the two wise trustees, the two, Karen and Jerry decided to table a loan and because the two tabled it it cost the village 800,000 in the difference of the loan percentage going up. Karen and Don and Jerry have no business as trustees.
that is true grant money does have to be spent. But how much over budget are they on tis project? alot!!!!
Warren Vista 2

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Midlo idiots wrote:
Gary is that you? Or is it your wife "Frances Street"?

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

I think the problem was that it didn't need to be spent until next year, and Karen/Don felt that we needed more time before making the move. I think they wanted to plan on other projects first and/or might have had concerns that enough time wasn't spent on getting bids. I only heard this third or fourth hand though so I may not have all the facts either.

As for Karen running for mayor...While I believe she could and would do a great job, her place is better as a trustee where she has a vote. The mayor only breaks a tie so it's better to keep her on the panel as opposed to the top spot. On the other hand, I do agree with others that it would be hard to unseat the current mayor as he has the popular vote (being a teacher/coach and all). There would need to be a very strong (and well backed both financially and community wise) candidate to even take on the mayor. I'm not sure anyone has expressed even any interest in trying.
Midloperson

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

MidloPerson wrote:
<quoted text>Will anyone be able to keep Gary and friends out of the bars now that the machines are here? Who's Andy? Karen could beat Terry with her hands tied if she run for Mayor. Then you would see change for positive not like the Terry/Obama change.
Oops. I didn't mean to imply that Gary and friends gamble. I'm sure they are all great people. I just don't go to the bars. I wish Gary had run either with karen or as mayor himself.
Know It All

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
I think the problem was that it didn't need to be spent until next year, and Karen/Don felt that we needed more time before making the move. I think they wanted to plan on other projects first and/or might have had concerns that enough time wasn't spent on getting bids. I only heard this third or fourth hand though so I may not have all the facts either.
As for Karen running for mayor...While I believe she could and would do a great job, her place is better as a trustee where she has a vote. The mayor only breaks a tie so it's better to keep her on the panel as opposed to the top spot. On the other hand, I do agree with others that it would be hard to unseat the current mayor as he has the popular vote (being a teacher/coach and all). There would need to be a very strong (and well backed both financially and community wise) candidate to even take on the mayor. I'm not sure anyone has expressed even any interest in trying.
Ok so you're just repeating what you hear on the community walks right?
nomoneyhere

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

I would vote for Karen because of the way that she is so smokin' HOT:):)~~~~~~~~~
Know It All

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you're just threatened by someone that knows more than you right? Get off 5 years case. You just make yourself look dumb.
Actually Im not threatened at all, my screen name is meant to be sarcastic for several of the posters on here who think they "Know It All" when in reality they just repeat rumors that they hear. Several of the posters were big Terry supporters and now are hiding not posting at all because it back fired in their faces you know who people are too! I know all about people who are just nosey bodies and shit stirrers, and I'm not afraid to call them out that's all.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Actually Know It All, I heard it in bits and pieces from a trustee and several residents involved in going to the meetings. I just didn't know if I had all the details, so I politely admitted as such.

And for the record, I don't think people are hiding because they supported Terry (or at least not all are). I for one voted for him because my choice was TJM or Terry. At that point it was a no brainer. I am not denying that at all, but I am saying there are a lot of things I don't think have been handled well so I do not support him for re-election. I concede however that it's unlikely there will be a viable opponent running against him....That is unless someone is considering it but keeping it underwraps for now. We'll know soon I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent South Holland Discussions

Search the South Holland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,928
Allan Stevo and Carol Greene 2 hr Sisters of St Francis 1
AT &T robbery 2 hr Fast Draw Johnnie 11
Country Club Hills mayor says residents are saf... (Feb '09) 4 hr Dick Tracey 19
Review: 115 Bourbon Street (Sep '13) 5 hr Club goer 2
City hands out another Public works job 6 hr Bob 5
gang related 6 hr Bob 19
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 27 at 10:14PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

South Holland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000