Terrys accomplishments
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1 Mar 17, 2013
This thread is dedicated to Terry Stephens supporters who want to brag on their guy. Please use this forum to tell us what Terry has accomplished as mayor, what specific campaign promises he has kept, and why he has earned 4 more years. Let's stay on subject here. Terry backers only.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2 Apr 3, 2013
It's very telling that this thread has been up for 2+ weeks and has not gotten a single post proclaiming Terry Stephens accomplishments.
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 3, 2013
Frances Street, Warren, Wondering Why, 5 Year, we are waiting!!
I want my town back

Chicago, IL

#4 Apr 3, 2013
The reason why no one as posted is because Terry has not accomplished anything except spending more money, adding more payroll, and letting employees run the show with no consequences. Village Hall has the attitude of so what if I don't do my job right nothing will happen to me. This is the only reason I need to not vote for Terry again. If Sharon screws up the next four years I won't vote for her again either. Remember politicians are like diapers they should be changed often and for the same reasons.
well

United States

#5 Apr 3, 2013
I hired a full time lawyer. And hired a village manager with full benefits. We spent a good amount of $$ on our remodel. Ok God people I'm only on person and had 4years to do something.
well

United States

#6 Apr 3, 2013
^^hahaha
April Voter

Midlothian, IL

#7 Apr 3, 2013
We have a gazebo. Does that count?

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#8 Apr 3, 2013
April Voter wrote:
We have a gazebo. Does that count?
I guess it does.
2much

Alsip, IL

#9 Apr 3, 2013
it's sooo sad with all the tradesmen in the area that they couldn't drum up volunteers to build that...didn't they certainly overspend to build that useless pile of wood? was that supposed to replace the public pool? what was the real purpose for it anyways? rent it out for wedding photos?

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Know It All wrote:
Frances Street, Warren, Wondering Why, 5 Year, we are waiting!!
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not happy with a lot of things. Yep, I was caught in the "frenzy".Mistake on my part? No, I don't think so. A mistake is when you do it again after learning the first time. Oh well, live and learn.
bill smith

Blue Island, IL

#11 Apr 3, 2013
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'll be the first to admit that I'm not happy with a lot of things. Yep, I was caught in the "frenzy".Mistake on my part? No, I don't think so. A mistake is when you do it again after learning the first time. Oh well, live and learn.
Mistake an error in action , calculation , opinion or judgment caused by poor reasoning . Your mistake !
youreperfect

Oak Forest, IL

#12 Apr 3, 2013
bill smith wrote:
<quoted text>Mistake an error in action , calculation , opinion or judgment caused by poor reasoning . Your mistake !
Oh of the most holiest one, have you always been perfect? At least some people can admit to things.

5yr Midlo Resident

Midlothian, IL

#13 Apr 3, 2013
I was offline a while so I missed this.

Did anyone read the Monitor that came in the mail today? I'd say it says it all.
Get Rid of Kreis

Manhattan, IL

#14 Apr 3, 2013
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
Did anyone read the Monitor that came in the mail today? I'd say it says it all.
Wonder if Kreis voted yes to paying the bill for the Monitor? Probably not as she is not fiscally responsible.
uh oh

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 3, 2013

Looks like Andy has resurrected Larry by bringing him and his wife into things. There you have it Andy. You are a complete moron!

Midlothian,Il

#16 Apr 3, 2013
I think you're right. Funny how 4 years ago, we were all hyped up and in a frenzy. I see where that got us.
Chuck Jr

Midlothian, IL

#17 Apr 3, 2013
2 Much you need to get the facts straight on the building of the Gazebo. The carpenters union from Chi. Hts. donated their time to build the gazebo in memory of the 45plus years that my father was a member of the union.

The gazebo was purchased by the money that was donated by local residents and local business's. I donated the money for the naming of the Gazebo.

Terry & Co. tried to make it look like he did all of this. Terry did not do shit with the building of it.All Terry did was try to get the people who donated money to donate more money.

When these people said no to Terry & James Lang about making more donations Terrys real colors started to show. Terry started to become very vocal about them.

If anybody has any questions about anything about the Gazebo, just come and ask me.

Thank you
Chuck Jr.
2much

Alsip, IL

#18 Apr 3, 2013
Chuck Jr wrote:
2 Much you need to get the facts straight on the building of the Gazebo. The carpenters union from Chi. Hts. donated their time to build the gazebo in memory of the 45plus years that my father was a member of the union.
The gazebo was purchased by the money that was donated by local residents and local business's. I donated the money for the naming of the Gazebo.
Terry & Co. tried to make it look like he did all of this. Terry did not do shit with the building of it.All Terry did was try to get the people who donated money to donate more money.
When these people said no to Terry & James Lang about making more donations Terrys real colors started to show. Terry started to become very vocal about them.
If anybody has any questions about anything about the Gazebo, just come and ask me.
Thank you
Chuck Jr.
I am just a lurker who owns a couple rental properties in this town.
I am glad to see that good people pitched in to make it happen!
Thank you!
but what is the intended purpose of it, when so much needs to be fixed in this village?
newer resident

Midlothian, IL

#19 Apr 3, 2013
Who published the Monitor? I just read it. Is it a regular publication? There is no byline or name associated with what is written there. Its pretty scathing. How do we know our problems will be solved by just changing the players again? I agree that those are some scary statistics and our taxes are sure high. But we lost much of our tax base when the auto dealerships closed.
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#20 Apr 3, 2013
Wondering Why1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'll be the first to admit that I'm not happy with a lot of things. Yep, I was caught in the "frenzy".Mistake on my part? No, I don't think so. A mistake is when you do it again after learning the first time. Oh well, live and learn.
Could you or I or anyone else know how ineffective Terry would be? No...of course not. But it was still a mistake....Your post really shows your arrogance. Admitting mistakes shows character. Your post shows a lack of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Gatrell's vaunted slate 16 min Checkin Out Joe 116
Alderman Pittmans Home Burglarized 42 min Just Asking 15
Domingo Vargas next Democratic Mayor of Blue Is... (Apr '09) 48 min Millions Wasted 307
Robert Houlf Blue Island Water Superintendent R... 12 hr WeSee 19
Team Floodlothian 18 hr got to go 14
FBI at city hall 18 hr Drove by 32
Review: Public Moving and Storage 19 hr Joshua Ngo 211

South Holland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Holland Mortgages