Who will be the next mayor of Blue Is...

Who will be the next mayor of Blue Island

Created by Mayor on Mar 30, 2013

547 votes

Click on an option to vote

Tommy Brown

Domingo Vargas

Allen Stevo

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
County Clerk

Maywood, IL

#1 Mar 31, 2013
Correct the spelling of the names of the candidates. That's the right thing to do!
BIVOTER2

United States

#2 Mar 31, 2013
If we don't get it right this time Blue Island becomes the next Harvey ...

Let's compare:

The Independent Party - Domingo Vargas = More of the same Coalition/Progressive party politics + Bob Rita Democratic politics and appointments.
<NO!>

The Tommy Brown Party = Allegiance to Mayor Peloquin and the Coalition/Progressive party + Democratic politics and appointments. < NO>

The Stevo "Independent" party = a lifelong resident with a positive vision, fresh new ideas, experienced leadership, an energized team that believes in our town, stands up for what is right and is focused on uniting ALL of Blue Island!
< YES !!!>

We're voting for Alan Stevo who will bring leadership and representation of ALL of Blue Island!
aBlackman

Riverdale, IL

#3 Mar 31, 2013
BIVOTER2 wrote:
Let's compare:
The Independent Party - Domingo Vargas = More of the same Coalition/Progressive party politics + Bob Rita Democratic politics and appointments.
<NO!>
The Tommy Brown Party = Allegiance to Mayor Peloquin and the Coalition/Progressive party + Democratic politics and appointments. < NO>
The Stevo "Independent" party = a lifelong resident with a positive vision, fresh new ideas, experienced leadership, an energized team that believes in our town, stands up for what is right and is focused on uniting ALL of Blue Island!
< YES !!!>
We're voting for Alan Stevo who will bring leadership and representation of ALL of Blue Island!
Typical white folk BS! Afraid of a powerful Blackman aren't you? Stevo has his Klan hat in the closet and if wins they'll be having cross burnings at the park. Hell no the people of color will not let that happen we will fight to stop that with our Brown brother and sisters. The word is going out to the Gardens, to the 6th ward, to the 7th ward..to all the wards with people of color in them.
A Voter Too

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 31, 2013
aBlackman wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical white folk BS! Afraid of a powerful Blackman aren't you? Stevo has his Klan hat in the closet and if wins they'll be having cross burnings at the park. Hell no the people of color will not let that happen we will fight to stop that with our Brown brother and sisters. The word is going out to the Gardens, to the 6th ward, to the 7th ward..to all the wards with people of color in them.
You are not really a friend of Tommy Brown, or if you are, you are not very smart. You are not pushing your candidate up with your stereotypical racist comments.That kind of name calling is rather passť.
Sign In already

Frankfort, IL

#5 Mar 31, 2013
BIVOTER2 wrote:
Let's compare:
<NO!>
< YES !!!>
Carol, just sign in and use one moniker for your posts. If you're going to use the same phrases and buzz words on every post, while posting under alias names, no one is going to believe there's an army of followers. I do think it's pretty funny when you reply to your own postings.
Write and Wrong

Chicago, IL

#6 Mar 31, 2013
Sign In already wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, just sign in and use one moniker for your posts. If you're going to use the same phrases and buzz words on every post, while posting under alias names, no one is going to believe there's an army of followers. I do think it's pretty funny when you reply to your own postings.
The opportunity for integrity has never been greater and that message is out. Indeed, you are confused and do not know who is posting.
Happy Easter and Peace.
Aliases

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 31, 2013
Sign In already wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hypocrite down to your very last bit of cell in your body. Start posting with your own true name or a single alias before you judge others. These forums thrive because of aliases and lately the trend is, a phrase that describe one's post.You did it yourself!
Switching Party

Blue Island, IL

#8 Mar 31, 2013
I made up my mind to vote for Stevo.
I I I

Chicago, IL

#9 Mar 31, 2013
Write and Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
The opportunity for integrity has never been greater and that message is out. Indeed, you are confused and do not know who is posting.
Happy Easter and Peace.
Integrity, Intelligence, Independence.

Stevo, Campos, Greene, It Is!
2nd Ward

Oak Forest, IL

#10 Mar 31, 2013
aBlackman wrote:
<quoted text>Typical white folk BS! Afraid of a powerful Blackman aren't you? Stevo has his Klan hat in the closet and if wins they'll be having cross burnings at the park. Hell no the people of color will not let that happen we will fight to stop that with our Brown brother and sisters. The word is going out to the Gardens, to the 6th ward, to the 7th ward..to all the wards with people of color in them.
Take your racist remarks and move out of Blue Island. We don't need racist people like you dividing the town!!!
Promote

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 31, 2013
In Blue Island, We must confront injustice and promote justice for ALL.
transparency

Midlothian, IL

#12 Mar 31, 2013
Aliases wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hypocrite down to your very last bit of cell in your body. Start posting with your own true name or a single alias before you judge others. These forums thrive because of aliases and lately the trend is, a phrase that describe one's post.You did it yourself!
They certainly appear to thrive, but when the same person reposts several times under different names to appear as if there is support and merit in there rants, that's just a mirage.
All this chanting about transparency... but you call others a hypocrite, while they aren't running for a trusted position in public office. Trying to gain support with the appearance of support is just a political tactic not transparency.
Aliases

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 31, 2013
How do you know they were from the same person? You are just guessing are you or you are from our police department?

I did not call others a hypocrite but that particular poster because of the arrogance and irony of the post.Read!

Which brings me to this other point regarding lying and guessing about outing a particular poster. Last December, someone was accusing another, naming the real name. I had to laugh because that person was out of the country and no way he/she could have posted from the location where he/she was. I just had to laugh it off. Guessing game. Nothing new.
No Doubt

Chicago, IL

#14 Mar 31, 2013
Sign In already wrote:
<quoted text>
There are too many signs out there for Carol, she must have any supporters.
Lost

Chicago, IL

#15 Mar 31, 2013
I I I wrote:
<quoted text>
Integrity, Intelligence, Independence.
Stevo, Campos, Greene, It Is!
Six votes from this Blue Island Home too.
It is what it is

Midlothian, IL

#17 Apr 1, 2013
All city employees are at each others throats as we speak. Time to clean the tank and change the water in the fish bowls.
This is the best election in B.I. history.
Tommy and Allan great job out there talking face to face with people, keep up the good work, 8 days to go. B.I. needs no department heads that live in other communities that milk us for a paycheck.
Our Home

Chicago, IL

#18 Apr 3, 2013
With the election less than a week away, all voters need to get out and get to know all the candidates. Please do not base your vote on the opinions of friends, neighbors, co-workers or relatives. Please think about candidates who have the most integrity and do not have historys of self entitlements and unethical actions. Vote for candidates that will serve the taxpayers and not be caught up in serving acquaintances and relatives with jobs and favors that they may not be qualified for. Vote for individuality and not a particular party, if the candidates have true vision for our community, they will come together and work together for the good of the community. With closed up businesses lining our Main Street, Blue Island is in dire need of change and now is the time to make this happen.
2nd Ward

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 4, 2013
Our Home wrote:
With the election less than a week away, all voters need to get out and get to know all the candidates. Please do not base your vote on the opinions of friends, neighbors, co-workers or relatives. Please think about candidates who have the most integrity and do not have historys of self entitlements and unethical actions. Vote for candidates that will serve the taxpayers and not be caught up in serving acquaintances and relatives with jobs and favors that they may not be qualified for. Vote for individuality and not a particular party, if the candidates have true vision for our community, they will come together and work together for the good of the community. With closed up businesses lining our Main Street, Blue Island is in dire need of change and now is the time to make this happen.
I think the candidates need to get out and get to know the voters and listen to their concerns, instead of the other way around as you have stated. I haven't seen any of them walking the 2nd ward or knocking on my door!
Not Going to Settle

Chicago, IL

#20 Apr 4, 2013
People have been in office too long.
Just, Look at where we are Blue Island deserves so much better.
Stevo, Campos, Greene It Is!
Freedom of Choice

Palos Hills, IL

#21 Apr 4, 2013
aBlackman wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it soothing to know that aggressive double-speak is still a common form of stirring up the public. Very intellegant guy, youve managed to play the racism card while being racist yourself. If you're going to represent and speak for any group, claiming that any white canidate is prejudice, than please, for the love of god, use a dielect that doesnt make you hippocritical. You can tell your boy I dont want to even consider the democratic office for election. Find a way to break it to him that you were too aggressive, full of cognitive dissonance... should i get a dictionary for you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where is our garbage money 2 hr Nope 65
How can I get my street fixed 3 hr Highlights 12
Congrats To Jason BIPD newest brass 5 hr Good Luck 9
Lake Shore Waste starts next week 8 hr Laughable 20
Oak Forest high school 13 hr Bremen brave 3
Stop the Cook County Tax Increase com 22 hr Mikim 27
News Sellers market continues in Chicago area Wed Keyanna 1

South Holland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance