Police officers leaving
wow

Chicago, IL

#22 Jul 28, 2014
People have no respect for the Midlothian police I am sure they have a few good officers, look at the jag off that runs the traffic court he is just as bad as the officer that likes sending parking tickets in the mail for a car that has been sold over a year,
Zack Grahm

Forest Park, IL

#23 Jul 28, 2014
Chris M wrote:
The officers that recently left I heard were dogs! One was fired and the others talked like they were Super Cops and never did a damn thing besides cry cry cry. I know most of the guys there and they do a great job for our village.
I have heard of at least ten officer going on to better jobs over the past 5 years They can't all be dogs. Maybe we are getting stuck with the guys that can't leave. Or dogs
Chris M

Midlothian, IL

#24 Jul 29, 2014
what wrote:
Which officers were fired and for what?
The Bob Fitz guy for pullin over girls and women soliciting requests of some type I hear... sicko...
curious

Blue Island, IL

#25 Aug 18, 2014
who are the four that supposedly left
wow

Chicago, IL

#27 Sep 1, 2014
I heard this weekend another police officer has left.
Info

Orland Park, IL

#28 Sep 1, 2014
The mayor, in the village newsletter, proudly states that she negotiated new contracts with the fire and police departments with no raises for two years. When you are already the lowest paid out of comparables used in contract negotiations it is no wonder officers leave for other departments. An officer going from Midlothian, to say, Orland Park, gets an immediate $15,000 increase in pay. Any good officer would be incredibly stupid to stay in Midlothian .
yea

Riverside, IL

#29 Sep 1, 2014
Who that???
Just my take

Frankfort, IL

#30 Sep 2, 2014
I know the majority of the Midlothian Police officers and i was there recently and noticed 4 officers at an accident scene. I did not recognize any officers there. Seemed like a bunch young rookies. City officials need to do something to help retain the veteran officers who are leaving. The Chief can only do so much to keep his officers happy but pay is important. There are numerous suburban police departments that pay $20-$30K more a year and deal with less criminals and headaches than midlo. Keeping veteran officers who are eager is what will keep crime down in this town. Midlothian is on the brink of collapse with all the border towns going down hill. Midlothian borders Robbins, Markham, Posen. All these towns are done, cannot be saved. The wave is moving west fast and unless Midlothian takes a proactive police approach, it will go down too. Crime will go up, property values will get more dismal. Tough decisions need to be made by city officials but Midlothian cannot continue on the same path.
Just My Opinion

Orland Park, IL

#31 Sep 5, 2014
Just my take wrote:
I know the majority of the Midlothian Police officers and i was there recently and noticed 4 officers at an accident scene. I did not recognize any officers there. Seemed like a bunch young rookies. City officials need to do something to help retain the veteran officers who are leaving. The Chief can only do so much to keep his officers happy but pay is important. There are numerous suburban police departments that pay $20-$30K more a year and deal with less criminals and headaches than midlo. Keeping veteran officers who are eager is what will keep crime down in this town. Midlothian is on the brink of collapse with all the border towns going down hill. Midlothian borders Robbins, Markham, Posen. All these towns are done, cannot be saved. The wave is moving west fast and unless Midlothian takes a proactive police approach, it will go down too. Crime will go up, property values will get more dismal. Tough decisions need to be made by city officials but Midlothian cannot continue on the same path.
Midlothian Police, as recently demonstrated by several robberies, has resorted to its former role as a reactive agency as opposed to a proactive agency. The current inexperienced administration, specifically the chief, has absolutely no experience in upper level management. This is demonstrated by the lack of morale and the high turnover of officers, as well as other issues. None of the department's administration resides within the village. This fact only reinforces the lack of community involvement and commitment to the very people they are purported to serve.
This policy, residency, is a recent change due to the new village president.
right

Midlothian, IL

#32 Sep 5, 2014
Like I've been saying they work here they should live here!!!
i guess

Forest Park, IL

#33 Sep 9, 2014
[QUOTEo=" consider right"]Like I've been saying they work here they should live here!!![/QUOTE]
I understand why you would say that but on the same token do you work where you live. Could b3
Wrong

United States

#34 Sep 9, 2014
Just my take wrote:
How is Posen "done"? There is no comparison between Robbins and Markham and last I heard there have been no robberies of women in Posen.
Nancy Drew

Crown Point, IN

#35 Sep 15, 2014
Maybe the county will come help out and the entire argument for approving home rule will be completely obsolete!
Terr

Tinley Park, IL

#36 Sep 15, 2014
They all work hard, give them a break.
question

Midlothian, IL

#37 Sep 15, 2014
Who's in charge of our Esda?midlothian
4therecord

Oak Forest, IL

#38 Dec 30, 2014
Zack Grahm wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard of at least ten officer going on to better jobs over the past 5 years They can't all be dogs. Maybe we are getting stuck with the guys that can't leave. Or dogs
I just spoke with a friend of mine and learned another Midlothian officer has moved on to a different police job. What is going on in that department. Why are guys leaving at this rate?
Eazy Mid

Chicago Heights, IL

#39 Dec 31, 2014
They want Cream of the crop........Midlo you're fooling yourself. You will get good cops but not the best for the pay.
Midlo Info

Orland Park, IL

#40 Dec 31, 2014
4therecord wrote:
<quoted text>
I just spoke with a friend of mine and learned another Midlothian officer has moved on to a different police job. What is going on in that department. Why are guys leaving at this rate?
They have a chief that cares more about himself than his department and has no problem throwing guys under the bus for no reason. They will continue to leave, as more are now intending to do.
Common Sense

Chicago, IL

#41 Jan 3, 2015
It couldn't possibly have to do with the fragile state of the Village, could it? Leaving for a more secure employment?
Zzz

Midlothian, IL

#42 Jan 3, 2015
Common Sense wrote:
It couldn't possibly have to do with the fragile state of the Village, could it? Leaving for a more secure employment?
Probably new Mayor heard some chatter about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Could Officer Frank Podbielniak be the next BI ... (May '10) 16 min Investigation 248
Police cheif removes another topix 1 hr Resident 3
Open Meeting Violation BI Park 2 hr Zilch 12
Steger Theater 1980 (Dec '08) 3 hr annie42 24
Oak Forest taxpayers consider abandoned annexat... 5 hr OF Person 3
Blue Island Park District Woes 6 hr Joe Taxpayer 23
Open Letter to All Veteran's 6 hr Joe Taxpayer 27

South Holland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Holland Mortgages