ComEd restoring power to south suburbs

Aug 1, 2008 Full story: The Times 7

A thunderstorm rolling through the region caused a power outage in Dolton and South Holland this afternoon.

Full Story
so ho il res 30 yrs

Oak Forest, IL

#1 Aug 22, 2008
COM ED SUCKS
We were without power from Monday to Thursday. This after being wthout power the Friday before for whichit is "undetermined" as to why. Six hours after the electric went the battery packs for Comcast telehpones died. All food in refrig & freezer perished. Everything in basement lost as sump pump unable to work without electricity. All the while Edison kept promising that the power would be "restored later in the day sometime". To add insult to injury power outage was due to a blown fuse of theirs.
Mallory

Evanston, IL

#2 Dec 8, 2008
Hi My name is Mallory and I am an intern at Fox News in Chicago. I am aggregating materials for a story pitch that I am trying to make regarding ComEd. I have had TONS of people complain about them and I would like to hear more about your story. You can email me either at my personal email which is m-gafas@northwestern.edu or you can email my boss, mark.saxenmeyer@foxnewschicago .com
so ho il res 30 yrs wrote:
COM ED SUCKS
We were without power from Monday to Thursday. This after being wthout power the Friday before for whichit is "undetermined" as to why. Six hours after the electric went the battery packs for Comcast telehpones died. All food in refrig & freezer perished. Everything in basement lost as sump pump unable to work without electricity. All the while Edison kept promising that the power would be "restored later in the day sometime". To add insult to injury power outage was due to a blown fuse of theirs.
in my opinon

United States

#3 Dec 9, 2008
so ho il res 30 yrs wrote:
COM ED SUCKS
1. I don't think lonnie owens got a fair trial in my opinon.
2. the owens family members SHOULD sue D.A. office
for knowing that dr.harlen(rumor)lied on the stand.
3. Others,( rumors) police and victims friends traspassing
on lonnies sister propertys taking things that were not theres and damaging cars.
4. a deal by the da could of saved lonnie owens 40 grand in legal fees that were paid by his father
which money lonnies father had put away for his grandkids college, in 15 to 20 years that could of been a couple hunderd thousand dollars. now the money for lonnies kids and his sisters kids is not there. that why i think the owens family should sue everyone. it only take less than 100 bucks to file. they should do it prosee a then get a lawyer later to get setelments. thats what i would tell them.

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> Not saying that he does'nt belong where he is at but he had a hard life because his mother had issues and he surported her, his brother in law is drunk, his wife( Heather) had issues of seeing and hearing things that were'nt there. He also had to help his father in law at his job. His mother would call him 10 times a day. if you saw the police phone logs of his calls he was on the phone all the time. Think about all the stess he was under. Heather also was telling people she had a brain tumor. The part to the trail that brothers me is all witnesses were unsaved people or people suffering with schizophrenia. if his lawyer looked into it closer he should of been able to find it. all you had to do was read the case file of divorce records of witnesses, which was never done. I see a jackpot for the owens family in legal suits against all witnesses. I would start by a wrongful death suit against Kara first. Even tho no chagres were file against her she can still be held libable for her part. this just MY opinion. I heard (hersay) that Tom Farris advised a member of lonnie family to sue and take advantage of a new law that was just passed.
M Williams

Chicago, IL

#4 May 20, 2011
I had a diconnection and paid my bill on Friday. I called and asked if the power could be restored they told me not before Monday of the following week. i asked to speak to a Supervisor and the agent said they will tell you exactly what i told you. i was placed on hold for 2 hours until my phone battery went dead. i called back from another number and was told the same thing your power will not be restored until Monday even though i pleaded with them and told them that my basement was flooding and i wanted to save some of the items there.I was once again placed on hold for another Supervisor who finally answered after another hour. She told me there were no exceptions to the rule and so I will have to wait until Monday. In this tough economic time in America I wish we had people in these companies who understand and bend the rigid rules that they use to govern us.I have lost everything that was in my basement and will have to spend a hot weekend with my 2 year old in a house with no power. Thanks Comed
John smith

Lansing, IL

#5 Jun 24, 2013
Com Ed sucks balls when responding to power outages in the south suburbs especially Lynwood il
mkhm

Melrose Park, IL

#6 Jun 24, 2013
Divest ComEd Exelon Corp. Everyone should call their elected officials and federal and state regulators about their negligence. Be sure to complain and contact the reporter above. Fight back, we pay for service not excuses.
Parker

Melrose Park, IL

#7 Jun 24, 2013
The power company is making sure the south suburbs get to the back of the bus for power restoration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lansing Sucks (Jul '11) 2 hr lansimg resident 3
Is the Mafia in chicago heights? (Aug '09) 5 hr King Bouncer 49
MS-13, Los Zetas likely very widespread in Chic... 5 hr King Bouncer 4
Solve the Robbie Silva Case (Dec '12) 8 hr Public Servants N... 87
Alderman election 2015 no opposition 9 hr Anita 20
property tax increase or other options 12 hr Hah 9
Graves for mayor in 2011? (Aug '08) 17 hr black 75
South Holland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web