Comments
1 - 20 of 53 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
livehereforever

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 18, 2013
 
HMMMMMMMMMM When they changed all the culvers on the creek they said it would help the flooding is it NOPE. First majot rainstorm and once again I will be watching water invade my house. Last time it was 45 inches in the basement wonder how much this time. You heard on the TV about towns helping their residents with sandbags, concrete barriers. We went to public works at 4 am and what do they say nothing but sorry.
Guess it shows how much this town dosn't care.
Terry you know this problem happens but yet you have done nothing to help it.
No sharon

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 18, 2013
 
livehereforever wrote:
HMMMMMMMMMM When they changed all the culvers on the creek they said it would help the flooding is it NOPE. First majot rainstorm and once again I will be watching water invade my house. Last time it was 45 inches in the basement wonder how much this time. You heard on the TV about towns helping their residents with sandbags, concrete barriers. We went to public works at 4 am and what do they say nothing but sorry.
Guess it shows how much this town dosn't care.
Terry you know this problem happens but yet you have done nothing to help it.
Just another one to add to Sharon's list of to dos we will be watching to see what she does about your basement flooding.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I think saying that Terry has done nothing to help it is a little unfair. How long has that been flooding? During the last four years there has been an attempt to fix it and I don't believe that attempt was completely unsuccessful either. It may not have completely solved the problem with very heavy downpours but don't classify it as "done nothing".
crook county

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN PROPERTY!!!! You know you live in a flood area, HAVE SANDBAGS READY!!!
Stop looking for a hand out and ACT LIKE A ADULT!!!
midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 18, 2013
 
Water coming over the side of the creek and into your house?
crook county

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

My basement is flooded! But I bought MY home. It is my responsibility. Floods are a act of God. STOP LOOKING FOR HANDOUTS AND DEAL WITH PROBLEMS YOURSELF. Its just like IL's Link card. Everyone is looking for a hand out and looking for a way not to take responsibility for them selves and property
livehereforever

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Yes Midloguy 30 Now with the break in the weather it helps.

My house is my responsibility the creek isn't. If it was would of done something to protect my house.
The street flooding isn't my respnsibility either it is the villages.
crook county

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Was this creek there before or after you bought you home?
crook county

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 18, 2013
 
you choose to buy a home by a creek! Did you fail to do your research before you bought your home?
livehereforever

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

when the home was built the creek was less then 3 feet wide. First 20+ yrs never flooded. Then the dug it deeper, made it wider. Flooding started.
So no didnt fail to do research.
Flood

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 18, 2013
 
This town needs a better sewer system or something. It's not going down fast enough. My pumps are working but it's flooded and backed up in my backyard so the water has nowhere to go. It's backing up in my crawl space. That's not my fault....
livehereforever

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 18, 2013
 
I agree Flood. Sewer system is old cant hold this water. That isn't our fault. Other mayors are out looking at their town flooding where is ours? Come look at the creek and not the high places on it but the low places that need to be built up.

Since: Apr 09

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Sorry to hear you're having problems guys. I know my sump pump went off all night, and we were lucky not to flood ourselves.

Good luck everyone. I hope there's no permanent damage.
no justice

Brookfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

30 years in midlo wrote:
I think saying that Terry has done nothing to help it is a little unfair. How long has that been flooding? During the last four years there has been an attempt to fix it and I don't believe that attempt was completely unsuccessful either. It may not have completely solved the problem with very heavy downpours but don't classify it as "done nothing".
If something has been done, why do we always have Roberts Road closed. Justice streets underwater EVERY year. Drive around. You must not have any problems.
no justice

Brookfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Wow... What hand out! In Case you do not know, where would you like us to store all these pounds of sand bags to protect our home. The village would fine us if we had them laying around.
livehereforever

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Roberts Road has nothing to do with Midlothian. Other towns have them, they must sotre them somewhere.
Small detail but curious

Clarendon Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

livehereforever wrote:
when the home was built the creek was less then 3 feet wide. First 20+ yrs never flooded. Then the dug it deeper, made it wider. Flooding started.
So no didnt fail to do research.
Curious as to when you moved into Midlothian. Flooding is not nearly as bad as it used to be. During a storm in 1981 similar to this, people were using row boats to go down the streets.
boo boo

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 18, 2013
 
Maybe if you would help yourself by having a shut off valve on your own sewer outside u could shut the valve off instead of sitting on your ass and wanting others doing what u could do for yourself. The help starts with u.
home owner

Stillman Valley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 18, 2013
 
crook county wrote:
My basement is flooded! But I bought MY home. It is my responsibility. Floods are a act of God. STOP LOOKING FOR HANDOUTS AND DEAL WITH PROBLEMS YOURSELF. Its just like IL's Link card. Everyone is looking for a hand out and looking for a way not to take responsibility for them selves and property
I agree! If u got water, get rid of it! Cant Sue everybody.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 18, 2013
 
Blame it on Sharon. She will get the blame anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent South Holland Discussions

Search the South Holland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Another Lawsuit for Taxpayers to pay for 15 min Vargas scams 19
I grew up in Midlothian Facebook Page (Jul '13) 27 min Know It All 108
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 34 min ohoh 3,846
Midlo Forum Battle: Know It All vs. Who Cares 57 min Laura 40
Oak forest hospital 1 hr Summer walker 6
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Te rigs 48,996
time for a change in midlo park dist 5 hr candy 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

South Holland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Holland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

South Holland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Holland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••