Meijers in south haven
First Prev
of 32
Next Last
anon

Muskegon, MI

#1 Dec 3, 2010
credible source: chamber of commerce today told me that Meijers will be here in the spring, bought up the land on Blue Star next to taco bell...
people have already been given notice to move.
works starts in the spring. when Meijers opens I will never go to walmart again...and village market will be history.
Thrifty Mama

Waterloo, Canada

#2 Dec 4, 2010
I've heard this as well. I have to say that I will still shop at whichever store has the best deals. Although, meat and produce will be purchased at Meijers. I'm anxious to see if it really happens, it would bring even more jobs to SH, which would be fabulous!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#3 Dec 4, 2010
Which side of Taco Bell ?? sure don't look like there is enough room as big as it is plus parking ....
anon

Marine City, MI

#4 Dec 5, 2010
If you combine the Checkers property with Fritz's property there's quite a bit of land there.

Location hidden

#5 Dec 5, 2010
Just didn't seem much room if the trailer park would hinder the large area need but we have seen many things like this before back out so let's hope they won't do that at the end ...
anon

Muskegon, MI

#6 Dec 5, 2010
Heavy Faith wrote:
Just didn't seem much room if the trailer park would hinder the large area need but we have seen many things like this before back out so let's hope they won't do that at the end ...
i was told the trailer park will go.
anon

Muskegon, MI

#7 Dec 5, 2010
Heavy Faith wrote:
Which side of Taco Bell ?? sure don't look like there is enough room as big as it is plus parking ....
along blue star. classis chassis will go and all those buildings.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 5, 2010
I am excited!!! Cannot wait. Excellent idea!!

Location hidden

#9 Dec 5, 2010
Wow !! then even Taco Belle ?? then that would be enough cause I am sure they would want to be seen directly from I-196
anon2

Marine City, MI

#10 Dec 6, 2010
I did a Google search for 'Meijers South Haven Michigan' and Google maps shows one next to Menards. The Pullman Industries site would be the most logical place.
Water 4 the Pool

Livingston, NJ

#11 Dec 6, 2010
That would be fantastic. Get ready Wal-Mart, Meijer is no Fisher's Big Wheel...

Time to show some Michigan loyalty if/when this store opens.
Hungry

Bradenton, FL

#12 Dec 6, 2010
Forget Meijers. When is Popeye's getting here?
Hila

Chicago, IL

#13 Dec 6, 2010
I love Popeyes...!!! God I wish they would get here and Starbucks!!!
Water 4 the Pool

Livingston, NJ

#14 Dec 7, 2010
Hila wrote:
I love Popeyes...!!! God I wish they would get here and Starbucks!!!
Don't be a sheep. Buy from local merchants.
timbo

Saint Joseph, MI

#15 Dec 7, 2010
Water 4 the Pool wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be a sheep. Buy from local merchants.
How long?

Used to like Thirsty Perch but they changed the menu too much in my opinion, and the service overwhelms to the point you can hardly eat
for saying "everything is fine".

Where is the local drive through? There isn't one.
Ashley

United States

#16 Dec 8, 2010
I would love if a Meijers came to town. I have been hearing for years that one will but it's hard to believe that one would show up now. South Haven could use something new. it would create more jobs, and give us more variety to shop from. i have always liked Meijers, they have the super mart style that Walmart has but they are local-ish, and they have the great produce and groceries like Village Market, with out the major expense. don't get me wrong, i shop at Walmart and Village Market all the time but i am ready for a change in South Haven.

on a side note, a Panera Bread or a Boston Market would be awesome! in fact anything that was 24hrs aside from Walmart would be great. being a night owl, i would like somewhere to go after 10pm-midnight. i know several people that feel the same.

Since: Nov 10

Poquoson, VA

#17 Dec 9, 2010
Yes to Panera Bread!

But, why Meijer? There is already a similar store right near there! It just seems unnecessary to me. Couldn't we have a Target instead?
anon

Muskegon, MI

#18 Dec 9, 2010
shEntertainer wrote:
Yes to Panera Bread!
But, why Meijer? There is already a similar store right near there! It just seems unnecessary to me. Couldn't we have a Target instead?
why not..i would like a target too but
at least we i can avoid walmart now. and i never step foot in village market.the variety of food there well outweighs whats found in either of these other places. plus, they have a huge organic section and vegetarian foods.
would rather have a Trader Joes tho.
Anyway

Chicago, IL

#19 Dec 9, 2010
Organic food....tried it. It tastes exactly the same as non-organic but is way overpriced.
Seymore

United States

#20 Dec 10, 2010
Meijer will be good for SH and give a choice with Wal-Mart. Target is just not as good a store as either for many things. Trader Joes is fine but very limited in what they carry, you cannot really do a full shopping trip there. Overall Wal-Mart will stay #1 as they have everywhere. They have the greatest buying power over everyone. Believe or not, manufacturers of products do everything they can to get shelf space at Wal-Mart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 32
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phoenix Cafe Jan 15 lips 2
Hotel Nichols Dec 28 skinner 1
Lar dog was highway man ! Dec 24 Jonesreallycannon 2
North Beach Inn closing (Mar '07) Dec 22 Doc Dillon 72
1/2 naked man (Feb '11) Dec '17 Heavy Faith 56
Ill live this life til this life wont let me li... Nov '17 Mother 1
Let us re live are lives ? In what we tell you ! Nov '17 Napoleon 1

South Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance