Locals favorite restaurant

Locals favorite restaurant

Posted in the South Haven Forum

Deer

United States

#1 Jun 8, 2012
Ok locals. I'm new in the area. What are the best kept secrets in good places to eat. Doesn't have to be fancy? We are an everyday family.
The Wine Guy

Marine City, MI

#2 Jun 9, 2012
Maria's!
Downtown guy

South Haven, MI

#3 Jun 9, 2012
phoenix street cafe, clementines, lakeside lanes
are all good (you have to wait to get into clementines in the summer though!)
anon

Hartford, MI

#4 Jun 10, 2012
lakeside lanes, you won't run into crowds there. actually, the restaurants here are pretty boring and lacking in variety. italian, deep fried, or chinese..all of them catering to bad eating. overpriced all summer, too.
JOey

Three Rivers, MI

#5 Jun 14, 2012
My favorite place for Breakfast is Phoenix Street. Su Casa has great steak burritos, they are huge. Thin crust pizza at Maria's is good but ask them to keep it in extra long. Coffee at Julias or Su Casa--they have a Mexican Coffee...iced or hot. It is like a cinnamon latte to die for !!
landsharks

Chicago, IL

#6 Jun 14, 2012
Maria's. Far and away. Except for the pizza. Sorry Maria's. The rest of your food is five star ********** Oddly enough the best pizza in town can be found at Subs and More. Weird.
Golddust Woman

Jackson, MI

#7 Jun 17, 2012
I think Lakeside Entertainment is a well kept secret. They have great specials, good food and the prices are not bad. Another favorite is Back to the 50's. That's the place you want to go for a quick hamburger or hot dog and root beer in a mug. Blue Star Cafe has good food and really good prices, but I understand its closing soon because the building owner (Chuck H.) has once again screwed over another restaurant owner and sold the building out from under him.
south haven fan

South Haven, MI

#8 Jun 18, 2012
SuCasa.
Josephc

Three Rivers, MI

#9 Jun 19, 2012
Su Casa, Maria's and Phoenix
Sand Dollar

Naperville, IL

#10 Jun 20, 2012
Josephc wrote:
Su Casa, Maria's and Phoenix
Sophia's Steakhouse should be added to this list.
anon

Three Rivers, MI

#11 Jun 20, 2012
Heard someone is eyeing Hotel Nichols for a restaurant in the lobby.
Lakeshore

United States

#12 Jun 26, 2012
Yorks has great burger since under new owners
Matilda

Three Rivers, MI

#13 Jun 29, 2012
anon wrote:
Heard someone is eyeing Hotel Nichols for a restaurant in the lobby.
It's gonna be a restaurant, coffee shop and hotel. That is if it is the same people who were nosing around last spring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
South Haven needs a ferry across the river 8 hr Yo Just Me Here 1
South Haven Rams SUCK 9 hr Yo Just Me Here 7
Phoenix Cafe Apr 21 Yo Just Me Here 4
Hotel Nichols Apr 5 Anonymous 2
Missing jacket Apr 2 Heavy Faith 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Michigan (... (Oct '10) Mar '18 Guest 26
Grand Junction 1966 Mar '18 raised in grand j... 2

South Haven Jobs

Personal Finance

South Haven Mortgages