Attorneys for McGuane brothers asking...

Attorneys for McGuane brothers asking court to overturn convict...

There are 56 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Apr 30, 2010, titled Attorneys for McGuane brothers asking court to overturn convict.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Attorneys for twin brothers Daniel and Peter McGuane, who were convicted of manslaughter in the 2005 beating death of 19-year-old Kelly Proctor of Ayer, will argue before the state Appeals Court on May 7 that their convictions should be overturned because the trial judge improperly let the jury hear of one brother's past bullying of Proctor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JIm

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Apr 30, 2010
i guess if you have money you can keep trying to buy away responsibility.

All reports indicate they were bullies, and beat this young person terribly.

They did not become bullies, they were obviously raised in an environment that condoned it as an entitlement.

They should not have been released early, as they will eventually kill again

Barre, MA

#2 Apr 30, 2010
throw these 2 scumbags back in prison. They are the kind of shyteheads that destroy kids lives with their constant bullying and harassing. let them be "tough guys" in prison and see how sore their azzzzzzzzes get.And isn't it amazing how competent the medical examiners in this state are?????
Ayer Local

Lexington, MA

#3 Apr 30, 2010
I think that whole thing is unfortunate. Hopefully people don't loose their heads and make an already bad situation worse by seeking their own brand of retribution.

I don't believe that they were trying to kill that boy, but it did happen. What is most reprehensible however is their inability to accept responsibility for their actions.

Red Raider

Princeton, MA

#4 Apr 30, 2010
It is as big a travesty as can be when the life of a young person can be snuffed out by 2 thugs in anger and posturing and in my opinion because it was "just something to do tonite" these 2 cesspools that are now free and want to be exonerated should be tattooed across the face with some sort of insignia that indicates "absolute capability of killing" they did not break a window, steal a car, or rob a bank..THEY KILLED ANOTHER KID> burn them.
a parent

Carver, MA

#5 Apr 30, 2010
OK it seems crazy that they are looking for a loop hole to still get out of this ... Mr Proctor was someones child ... you did it . accept responsibilty. Just shows you where their heads are at.. Would not want them in my neighborhood or around anyone I cared about ... Sadly , if they continue with this , what goes around, comes around and they will have their turn at misery.. They should still be incarserated.
nameless

North Grafton, MA

#6 Apr 30, 2010
When is two against one self defence!!
Never Forget KP

Columbus, OH

#7 Apr 30, 2010
This is outrageous and frustrating. For two men that claim to be sorry, and asked for forgivness. This is how they act after all of that. Sad, very sad!
nameless

North Grafton, MA

#8 Apr 30, 2010
Ayer Local wrote:
I think that whole thing is unfortunate. Hopefully people don't loose their heads and make an already bad situation worse by seeking their own brand of retribution.
I don't believe that they were trying to kill that boy, but it did happen. What is most reprehensible however is their inability to accept responsibility for their actions.
Either you are intellectually impaired or your one of their parents!! They were guilty of first degree murder and as money talks they got off.
Please

Leominster, MA

#9 Apr 30, 2010
Let them rot
Rick W

Dudley, MA

#10 Apr 30, 2010
Agree with the sentiment of most of the comments. The murderous sociopaths gave up their rights to participate in the civilized world.

They should consider themselves fortunate that they are not on death row.
Shelly K

Whitinsville, MA

#11 Apr 30, 2010
Wow. These guys are out already. They beat a boy to death and they are free?? This doesn't seem right at all.
Celia

Taunton, MA

#13 Apr 30, 2010
These are not men they are animals. How disgusting that they beat another human being to death! Their actions show they feel no remorse. They should have been put away for a lot longer than 3 years. Ridiculous!!!
Ayer Local

Lexington, MA

#14 Apr 30, 2010
nameless wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you are intellectually impaired or your one of their parents!! They were guilty of first degree murder and as money talks they got off.
I am most definitely not their parents, nor do I believe that they should be free. I just feel that an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Ayer Local

Lexington, MA

#15 Apr 30, 2010
nameless wrote:
<quoted text>
I am most definitely not one of their parents, nor am I intellectually impaired. I too believe they should still be in jail. I also believe however that an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

And as a parent myself, I just wouldn't want to see one of my children or another parents child to be jailed for some type of revenge or vigilantly justice that so many feel is deserved.

Again, it's just a really unfortunate situation and I pray that more poor decision are not made.
Let them have a new trial

Framingham, MA

#16 Apr 30, 2010
And make sure the jury and the trial judge know about their total lack of remorse.
Never Forget KP

Columbus, OH

#17 Apr 30, 2010
One of them has made a facebook and has blogged. First thing out of prison. How sad and regretful can they be. The whole trial the boys and their family acted as if they were the victims. It was hard to sit and watch them cry and look like at Kelly's family and Kelly's sole witness like they were ruining their lives. They ruined their own life and they don't believe for a second they should be punished to the full extent for the action they initiated and casued. LIVE WITH IT BOYS! You fought a 5'6 man 150 lbs who was with his 5'2 girlfriend. Bullies isn't even the word for what they are.
read this --- he writes under(its me) http://www.topix.com/forum/city/ayer-ma/T82AS...
nameless

AOL

#18 Apr 30, 2010
they both deserve to have a needle put in their arm and be dead just like the young man they killed. to bad this state hasn't got the guts to do it.
what goes around comes around-they will pay for what they did.
Pushing your luck

North Reading, MA

#19 Apr 30, 2010
These two guys are out of their minds! They are pressing their luck! These two brothers should feel fortunate that they are not serving life sentences like many in the state prison system for considerably less actions!
Some guys are in for throwing ONE punch! Some guys are in for life for driving a get away car at a bank heist!
These two need to serve their time, Pray and ask God for forgiveness! This kid had a bright future ahead and he has a family that is grieving from his sudden loss of life.
This is real bad Karma and I would suggest that you two just do your time,take violent reduction courses and change your entire life around as Karma will bite you hard!
Can't a judge rule for a new trial? What are these lawyers looking for? Leave it alone and suggest to your clients to change their ways!
OJ SIMPSON Karma

North Reading, MA

#20 Apr 30, 2010
I have a strong feeling that these two are going to be granted a new trial! This move may have been the dumbest move by an attorney on the planet earth!
I believe a judge can rule for a new trial to take place! Wow how arrogant can one get???
You two are playing with fire,arrogance and Karma!!!
You guys are appealing your little three year sentences?? Re-read all these comments on here as you can feel much negative energy in the universe! Count your blessings!! You guys are arrogantly pathetic!
I am almost being pushed to the position towards ordering a new trial was be justice! If you guys get a new trial, watch out for your arrogant karma. Remember OJ Simpson??????
yyr

Salem, MA

#21 May 1, 2010
these guys invented bullying and the ayer police did nothing even when the criminaly bullied there own mother as the police chief was married to a cousin..now look ,just like phoebe prince..look where the bullying took it..and now to continue the bullying..there denying there guilty..TIME TO MAN UP McGOONS..YOU know u DID IT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Hadley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal judge rules lawsuit over Pittsfield Pol... 4 hr Cops are Degenerates 19
News 'The church is people': Rev. Peter Gregory prou... 5 hr DSS DCF CPS are M... 6
News Refugees must wait for safe harbor Sun Solons 2
News Banner moment: Chicago Cubs finally raise champ... Sun Banner Phart 4
News Assault charges piling up Apr 16 Cops Luv Kids 1
News Hampden County Hall of Justice left off list of... Apr 14 Cops are Degenerates 4
News New Tapestry's Syringe Access Program Holding O... Apr 14 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 23

South Hadley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Hadley Mortgages