22News Exclusive: Family of drowning ...

22News Exclusive: Family of drowning victim speaks to 22News

There are 9 comments on the WWLP Massachusetts story from Jul 20, 2008, titled 22News Exclusive: Family of drowning victim speaks to 22News. In it, WWLP Massachusetts reports that:

SOUTH HADLEY, Mass. Just after 3pm Saturday, 12-year-old Anthony Day of South Hadley drowned in the Connecticut River near the Veteran's Memorial Bridge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWLP Massachusetts.

William Johnson

Clinton, MA

#1 Jul 20, 2008
I know this is a shock to the Day family in South Hadley. It is hard to imagine a 12 year old drowning in the Connecticut River just trying to have fun swimming or fishing,etc.
My Prayers and thoughts go out to the family of Anthony Day.
Nina

Northampton, MA

#3 Jul 20, 2008
People need to remember that regardless to what adults are chooseing to do, the responsible thing to do is learn from this and do not allow your children to swim in unapproved areas with no life gaurds. It is just irresponsible and dangerous. It is a terrible and tragedy that did not have to happen.
Anon

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Jul 20, 2008
ur damM right its the parents fault.
wmc

Longmeadow, MA

#5 Jul 21, 2008
All you people blaming the parents are complete a holes he was twelve, its called an accident, be ashamed of yourselves an leave the familly alone
Beyond Disgust

Amherst, MA

#6 Jul 21, 2008
Regarding your story about the young man who drowned in South Hadley. How dare you interview that poor woman. Does WWLP have no regard for the suffering this poor person is enduring? What kind of human being would even think approaching the mother of a child who was killed and interviewing her? I am appalled at the complete lack of basic human decency WWLP has shown. I have seen the overall quality of programming on this channel fading away in the past year, and have now seen an entirely new low in broadcast journalism. WWLP, and the thoughtless reporter who conducted the interview should be ashamed of themselves and embarrassed by the new journalistic low that has been reached in the name of "Working for you".
GFR Holyoke

Westfield, MA

#7 Jul 21, 2008
God Bless and Keep the Day Family. A young man with great potential was lost. The Connecticut River is merciless. There are much better places to swim. Even the most experinced swimmers FEAR the river for the dangers it possesses. Please everyone, keep your children OUT of the river.
AAAnon

Longmeadow, MA

#8 Jul 21, 2008
its a shame that the boy died. but the parents should blame themselves end of story. The lesson is ALWAYS WATCH YOUR KIDS. END.
debi

Chester, MA

#9 Mar 8, 2009
this is anthony days mother and how dare you imply you know my son was not watched that kid didnt even walk to getty by himself and for your info he hit his head and was knocked unconcious and he didnt wake up that was why he was under for so long and another thing we spent every other day there my kids all have life jackets they wear in our boat and he knew how to swim i am tired of peoples mouths runnig when they do not have a fkn clue my kid is dead and all people like you care about is laying blame, i hope if one of ur kids dies u see how awfull people can be then you will know suffering
Still Hurt

Standish, ME

#10 May 21, 2010
This is a close friend of Anthony's, and let me just say, you people are cruel and vicious. Anthony was a close friend of mine, and i am also close with the rest of the Day family. He had many friends and family who loved him very much. His parents never would have done anything to harm them and the fact that on top of the guilt and grieving process, you are also trying to place blame on people. Accidents happen. I miss Ant more then anything, not a day goes by that i do not think of him. I loved him greater then thought possible at such a young age. I have spent many phonecalls crying with his mother about this horrible incident. She loves him even more then i do. Me, hardly being able to bare then emptiness can not even try to explain the hurt everybody else is going through. I love you Ant. RIP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Hadley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff Carmen Massimiano Jr. Campaign funds us... (Mar '10) 23 hr infamy is forever 80
News Redevelopment, rehabilitation of properties rec... Feb 5 Elizabeth Trudel 2
News Puppy Place reopens, but not with official consent (Apr '08) Feb 4 Bcon18 38
News Police: Fitchburg man assaulted pregnant woman Feb 2 John 2
News NFL conducting comprehensive investigation of M... Jan 27 Fart news 4
News Letter: Learn to Cope (Jan '15) Jan 24 DCF CPS DSS are ... 9
News Pittsfield police officer fired; allegedly stol... Jan 21 cops are degenerates 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Hadley Mortgages