Lily Lake's village president steps a...

Lily Lake's village president steps aside

There are 3 comments on the Daily Herald story from Jun 20, 2007, titled Lily Lake's village president steps aside. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

“For me this was not an easy decision”

Citing increased responsibilities at his full-time job, Lily Lake Village President Barry Kreczmer has resigned as village leader. via Daily Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

RESIDENT OF THE AREA

South Elgin, IL

#1 Jan 7, 2008
I noticed that the street lights in the Reserves of Sunset Views have been removed or have been turned off except for two (2). I suggest that they BE TURNED OFF TOO! WE MOVED OUT TO A RURAL AREA TO SEE THE STARS NOT TO BE BLINDED BY GLARING STREET LIGHTS BEAMING INTO MY WINDOWS IF I WANTED THAT I WOULD HAVE MOVED TO CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!! TURN THEM ALL OFF!!!!!!!!!!
Rural Wanting Resident

Saint Charles, IL

#2 Jul 21, 2008
I second that!
I moved here because it was rural, and there weren't the glaring city lights. Then these two new subdivisions get put in and then came the lights. While it may be great for those who want to have acid orange light waking them up all night, I am inconvienenced by these lights. They shine right into my bedroom window at night. I had to buy blackout blinds to remedy this. We moved out to the country for just that, FOR THE COUNTRY.
Turn off the lights. It's a waste of valuable energy. And taxpayer's money.
Take a hint from one of the new residents in the new neighborhood; they taped the side of the light so that it would not shine into their house at night. That should tell someone something, namely that the light pollution is NOT WANTED.
Sunset views resident

Saint Charles, IL

#3 Apr 7, 2009
Just saw this blog, first of all homeowners association pays for the street lights, most of homeowners didn't buy here because there were street lights, but for the rural also.. complain to the village who doesn't do much to begin with and probably won't do anything about the lights either. I can't believe the light is that bright if you are in the other subdivision, because I have one between me and my neighbor and it doesn't bother me that much and I've lived out west of Randall Road for along time too. But most of us could care less about the lights too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Speaking out against Justus Howell decision 53 min God 7
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 2 hr serfs up 12
Brian Nord (Jul '12) 9 hr chalupa1 30
no return call from police dept. 9 hr chalupa1 2
South Elgin is Kane County's Most Corrupt Polic... (Mar '12) May 25 HawksWin 36
News Accused doctor now faces drug charges May 21 ZIOTARDS Rule 5
News Customer Service - Customer Service At Verizon,... May 19 essence scott 1
More from around the web

South Elgin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE