Homatas, families still are awaiting trial

Full story: Courier-News

It would be difficult to prove John Homatas drove recklessly in a fatal drunken driving accident if no one can say whether he actually was behind the wheel.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of104
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Guy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2007

Homatas was driving the car because I saw his ass get pulled out. He was also crying like a bitch...
Kelstout

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2007

Guy wrote:
Homatas was driving the car because I saw his ass get pulled out. He was also crying like a bitch...
If this is Really true, you need to speak to the DA's office and help them out. I am a close friend of April's mother in law and know that this is tearing her apart. It is like no-one is remembering that Ryan has lost his wife and child. They are too busy trying to "work the system " and get that LOSER off the hook.
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2007

No one knows if he drove or not. The person who pulled him out doesn't even remember which side of the car he pulled john out of.
heknows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2007

He knows who drove..
a friend in need

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2007

none of you probably know him personally..so dont judge him ok? hes a good person, if you only knew. he MIGHT have been crying because he knows how many people he has hurt. & bullshit GUY if you "seen" him get pulled out...did you testify?? becuase thats not what the news is saying? honestly i think he was driving because the guy said he pulled him out. but i know his daddy is paying good money to just wait it out but he will be going, he has 4 years of house arrest then off to jail. so yall need to stop..this little comment box is rediculous!!!
GOD

Lake Zurich, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2007

He needs to be a man and admit what he did. The truth WIll come out...When he goes to jail his daddy will not be there to protect him from his new cellmate...
GUY

Lake Zurich, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2007

Judged:

FU@K HIM...I HOPE HE DIES...
aprils friend

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

I know everyone has their own comment about what happened...we dont have to be mean about it! I believe that the truth will come out and justice will be served. I pray for both families and friends that lost someone that day! I lost a good friend and think about her and Addison everyday...but I am not the one to decide what should happen...I am just hoping that if he is found guilty he would admit it and I might have a little sympathy for the man. Otherwise I have no sympathy for someone who blames his best friend for the faults that were his own!
annoymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

Guy wrote:
Really? you must be the freak that was standing there watching everything smoking a cigarette. You must enjoy watching other people suffer.
annoymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2007

This is a awful tragedy. If John was my son. I would do anything to help him.Something like this could happen to anyone of you. remember that. I truely dont think these boys wanted anything like this to Happen.
friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2007

GOD wrote:
He needs to be a man and admit what he did. The truth WIll come out...When he goes to jail his daddy will not be there to protect him from his new cellmate...
Just think how you would feel if that was you! Everyone makes mistakes, even you.
business partner

Willowbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Listen, NONE of you were there that night and NOBODY knows what happened. All we know is that people lost their lives that night and John was seriously injured. I'm not sure how you people can come to such a quick judgement that John was driving when you were never there!!! But let me tell you this, if what "GUY" is saying is true, then why didn't you come forward yet???? I know John personally and i can tell you this much, that kid doesn't have one mean bone in his body. And as far as justice.....yes, i believe that it will prevail. But many of you are going to have to face the fact that he may not have been driving that night. Then what, who are you going to blame next??? MY ADVICE TO ALL OF YOU IS TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET THE COURTS DO ITS JOB!!!
aprils friend

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

business partner wrote:
Listen, NONE of you were there that night and NOBODY knows what happened. All we know is that people lost their lives that night and John was seriously injured. I'm not sure how you people can come to such a quick judgement that John was driving when you were never there!!! But let me tell you this, if what "GUY" is saying is true, then why didn't you come forward yet???? I know John personally and i can tell you this much, that kid doesn't have one mean bone in his body. And as far as justice.....yes, i believe that it will prevail. But many of you are going to have to face the fact that he may not have been driving that night. Then what, who are you going to blame next??? MY ADVICE TO ALL OF YOU IS TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET THE COURTS DO ITS JOB!!!
What happened to people being nice and look at all the comments and how rude everyone is...Please stop!! We all will suffer about this tragedy!! Do all of you honestly think that any of the ones that passed that day would want to see and or hear this kind of talk!! I believe in Karma and when it comes around it goes around...We all hurt..We all suffer and we are all angry...But someone made a mistake that day and the TRUTH will come out...I miss april and Addison all the time but I dont feel that I have to be angry and rude to other people that have their own opinions...she wouldnt want that!!
no one important

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2007

I have first hand knowledge that he was behind the wheel. I know him and all of his friends, and he has admitted this much to them. He has a lot of money and good attorney behind him. His team is just postering, they know he is going to jail. He will pay for his crimes, no matter what a "nice" guy everyone states he is.
ERIC PLATT

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2007

no one important wrote:
I have first hand knowledge that he was behind the wheel. I know him and all of his friends, and he has admitted this much to them. He has a lot of money and good attorney behind him. His team is just postering, they know he is going to jail. He will pay for his crimes, no matter what a "nice" guy everyone states he is.
Really? Do you know me? For all of you, do not hide behind anonymous posts if you are going to say negative things. It's ridiculous. Everybody has their opinions, and if you can't identify who you are, don't leave a comment. It's a horrific tragedy for everyone involved, but we should all be doing everything we can to make sure that April, Addison, and John did not pass in vain. The jury will come to a decision regardless of what you know or think.
kelstout

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2007

Judged:

A nice guy ??? Has no one seen this kid's driving record ? John Homatas is another overindulged young man that has no regard for anyone or anything but himself.Depending on his parents to bail him out at every turn is a way of life for this guy. He is trying to blame this whole situation on his deceased friend !!!! Nice ????
Be a man and admit what you did. The only moral thing to do is to ask for forgivness and take your punishment. Stop trying to delay things with your medical problems. The injuries you received were caused by
your lack of judgement. Hiding in your parents lovely home, drinking and smoking marajuana during your home arrest is just another example of how out of control you really are.
kelstout

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2007

Any relation to Paris ????
Zack Patz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2007

John Chiariello was a very good friend of mine. For the past year in a half I have sat through numerous court hearings listening to all evidence provided by the defense and the state. If you want facts...the trial is expected to go this week with jury selection going on as I write this. Homatas knows he was driving, his friends know he was driving, his attorney knows he was driving, and his family knows he was driving. WE ALL KNOW. The state is going to prove it as well. Even though it won't bring any one back, I'll sleep better at night knowing he's going to jail.
Miss Grace

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

I don't know alot of nice guys who go out drinking, smoking weed, and snorting coke at a strip club before getting into a SUV smashed and deciding to pass up a lane of cars on a busy road. Driver or passenger this was not a stand up guy who had a proper upbringing who can contribute to society. Just because his parents are wealthy doesn't mean he should go free. The judge should throw the book at this kid. The extended family of April Simmons is going through turmoil because of the fact that he is not accepting responsibility and putting all the families through an extended trial, reliving the nightmare they face each and everyday. God bless everyone involved!
Face the facts

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

a friend in need wrote:
none of you probably know him personally..so dont judge him ok? hes a good person, if you only knew. he MIGHT have been crying because he knows how many people he has hurt. & bullshit GUY if you "seen" him get pulled out...did you testify?? becuase thats not what the news is saying? honestly i think he was driving because the guy said he pulled him out. but i know his daddy is paying good money to just wait it out but he will be going, he has 4 years of house arrest then off to jail. so yall need to stop..this little comment box is rediculous!!!
Oh sure All nice people drive while twice over the legal limit while leaving a strip club with coke and pot in their systems?
Get real. He is the last one that would know if he was driving!
Use your head Oh wait your a good friend...Ummmmm does this is your brain on drugs ring a bell?
Now i see why you can make such a stupid remark!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of104
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
South Elgin Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

South Elgin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••