who killed lori bolger?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dpk

United States

#41 Apr 18, 2011
I don't know where she was from, but she had a heavy southern accent; was real "backwards" and dumpy (like him really). I went to catholic school in Elgin so I didn't know either of them other than they lived in the same 6-unit and Dez liked to talk to my wife. She felt sorry for her. I knew Lori,Kina, and Larry because my dad worked withJimmy, and my folks were friendly with him and his wife Elaine. I do recall the last time I saw Lori, it was at her house a month of so before I left the state. My wife (fiance at the time) phoned me at the behest of my parents at the time, and I'll never forget how it affected me, and how shocked we were when we learned that reinbold was probably involved. We had a daughter at the time, and the thought of that predator having lived downstairs gave us chills.
pegi

Elgin, IL

#42 Apr 27, 2011
this man I no who you are talking about he is in prision for life I have called the prison to make sure he is in for life he attached many women and ussually got away with it and when my uncle a cop in elgin checked him out he was cleaning his car and the cleanest thing was a machette I really think that he did this also was a ground keeper at ecc seen Lori comming and going to summer school makes me sick people like him get away.miss ya bo allways in my thoughts
dpk

United States

#43 Apr 27, 2011
Rwhat was your uncle's name? I knew most of the Elgin officers.
anonymous

Chicago, IL

#44 Jun 23, 2011
Family wrote:
We do so want answers to what happened. There has to be someone out there that knows something. After all these years please come forward and let us know what happened. If somebody knows something please let us know.
The police should reopen the case and do extensive dna testing on hammer&comb and any other evidence that was collected at the crime sceen.
Rich

Baldwinsville, NY

#45 Jan 13, 2012
In researching a photo I found on the eBay site, (I Collect press photos) I found one of Lori. its about 10 dollars. its the original press photo used in the newspaper reporting her tragic demise in 1976. A search on eBay for her name will find this photo in the next 5 days. Sorry to intrude and good luck.
judy

Las Vegas, NV

#46 Jul 20, 2012
Family wrote:
<quoted text>
I am her sister. They did find the comb and hammer in the car. The police did do DNA testing years later, but it turned out the DNA did clear them. Yes we are sad and really miss Larry also. Some day we may find out who did this and we will never give up until that day comes.
I am very sorry for you and your family, i was 13 yrs old when Lori died, hers was the first funeral i had ever attended, it is forever imbedded in my memory, i pray for you and Lori always thru out the years. I watch most wanted and American Justice, and Cold Case, have you tried to have the police open the case and go public to see if they can get any further help in the case, I want so bad for who ever did this to be caught.. who can we go to , to have this case re-opened and investigated?? If i can do anything to help , please let me know. Sincerely Judy K.
Pegi

Elgin, IL

#47 Aug 23, 2012
My uncles name was Morgan Homefeldt if you look up william rienbold all of his mo,s used a hammer or machettie his son finnally turned him in on a murder in a laundry mat done by Joliet which has placed him in prison I keep making up dates on him he also tried to kill my cousin years prier but never convicted came from a wealthy family out of Plato center
Lynette

Hoffman Estates, IL

#48 Sep 4, 2012
friend wrote:
Hi K. You may not remember me- but B.S. and I (C.H.) were friends of lori's when the tragedy occurred. Being her older sister, I'm sure we remember you more than you remember us :-)
Thanks for the response;
Here I had thought that the DNA evidence was compromised due to degeneration and was totally unaware that it cleared the initial suspects. I had always assumed they did it as everything seemed to fit and point to them (the comb with hair that looked like hers, hammer/I thought it was a tire iron with DNA, prior aquaintance/meeting with them at the party, rumors afterwards, etc) If they truely are innocent what a shame that they endured such accusations. For what it's worth: I remember Lori as a vibrant, bold soul who had a great sense of humor and took a 'dare' if presented with one. I was pretty wild as a teenager and did my share of partying but, looking back on it - we were all normal kids. Lori was beautiful, both physically, and as a friend. I survived my youth; practiced nursing for 20 years, raising 2 wonderful children and having been married to the same man for 26 years.
I can only imagine what Lori could have and would have achieved were she 'allowed'. She was robbed of so very much...as were you and your mom and brothers. All my best regards. I will always keep her in my prayers. The coward(s) will burn in hell if not convicted while on earth. The one thing I find solace in is that whoever did this has to be a miserable deviant who surely is unable to receive or be loved/cherished. Having to keep such a secret must have made their life one of guilt ridden, joyless loneliness- at least I hope so. C.
Hi, I have been married to one of the 4 men accused of being involved in Lori's murder for over 30 years. We often talked about what he and the other accused men went through during that horrific time. The police were so anxious to charge my husband and his friends they neglected to work on finding the real killer or killers. They even told my husband that they didn't care who did it as far as they were concerned ,case closed. Imagine how terrified these innocent young men were, their whole lives flashing in front of them for being accused of such a terrible crime. After they were all released they were threatened by the police not to try and sue them, they we constantly harassed and speaking for my husband had lost all respect for law enforcement, just proves that there are a lot of innocent people in prison because the police don't care if they catch the real bad guy they just want to catch A guy. Last year we did get a call from one of the other guys who told us that they did indeed get the real guy who killed Lori, he was already in jail for another crime and they matched the DNA to him. I don't have any other details but we were very relieved that Lori's killer had finally been found and she can rest in peace and her family after so long could get some kind of closure.
carebear mama

Bolingbrook, IL

#50 Feb 6, 2013
I went to school with Lori and we were friends, I never forgot about this and not sure why but has been on my mind a lot. Such a young beautiful girl with her whole life ahead of her she was robbed of so many things and it sickens me that it looks like who ever did this got away with it.(Maybe still some hope) I just hope they think about what they did every day that they live and I hope it is eating away at them. sad to say but at this point after so long it looks like it will just be a cold case file. What a shame that the family may never get justice.
annoymous

Chicago, IL

#51 May 1, 2013
I think she was killed somewhere else and her body was dumped ther.
GJS

South Elgin, IL

#52 Jul 17, 2013
Dear K,
I am so sorry for the tragedy you and the family had suffered over this brutal act of violence.I also pray that you may overcome all of your grief with the love that covers up a multitude of sin.In that zone lies the true peace we all seek. Now and then, I find myself thinking back and remembering what a difficult time it was,and I remember her well. Family loss is something we never get over, or never forget.We just move on and time becomes a very good freind for it tends to cushion the blow.I hope the years have found you well.
Family

Hudson, OH

#53 Jul 17, 2013
GJS wrote:
Dear K,
I am so sorry for the tragedy you and the family had suffered over this brutal act of violence.I also pray that you may overcome all of your grief with the love that covers up a multitude of sin.In that zone lies the true peace we all seek. Now and then, I find myself thinking back and remembering what a difficult time it was,and I remember her well. Family loss is something we never get over, or never forget.We just move on and time becomes a very good freind for it tends to cushion the blow.I hope the years have found you well.
Thank you for the kind words. You are correct in saying it is something we ever get over nor forget. She is always right there in the back of my mind. It would be wonderful to know what she could have done with her life and who she would be today.

Time does heal. I am doing well and hope you are too.

Thank you
Jankmay

Irvine, CA

#54 Sep 8, 2013
Kelly Sohn wrote:
I slept with her brother and dont care who did it. I am a pingree grove firefighter that has no cares in the world what happens.
you are a moron maybe YOU DID IT
Dillon

Naperville, IL

#55 Apr 7, 2014
The story broke in the Courier-News on the day of my seventeenth birthday. Though I didn't know her, as a Larkin student for about 6 months, looking at her picture in the paper, I was haunted by a sense of familiarity, sure that we had passed each other in the halls. If Elgin seemed like Mayberry once, the quintessential small town, it lost its sense of uncomplicated innocence after that. I still live in the area, and cannot pass by that spot on Randall Road without thinking about this sad and strangely defining event. I hope Lori can rest in peace knowing that her life, cut far too short, has profoundly affected a great many people.
Testjohn

United States

#56 Jul 11, 2014
I've been reading all of the posts about Lori Bolger's murder, and I've seen the initials BS numerous times in different posts. What does the S in BS stand for? Because I knew a kid in high school with that those initials and I wouldn't put it past him to have done something like this. He was a messed up kid back then. I went to school with both of them at Eastview junior high school and at Elgin high school. For a while, BS used to party with me and the group that I hung out with. But BS was an accident waiting to happen, bad things followed this guy everywhere he went. We used to refer to him as schlep rock because of it. And thinking back, I remember BS telling me that he thought Lori was hot. The last I heard, BS was a homeless degenerate. Never having a job and was always looking for handouts and was living under the overpass where I 90 goes over the Fox River.
JJ Evans

Elburn, IL

#57 Jul 11, 2014
Testjohn wrote:
I've been reading all of the posts about Lori Bolger's murder, and I've seen the initials BS numerous times in different posts. What does the S in BS stand for? Because I knew a kid in high school with that those initials and I wouldn't put it past him to have done something like this. He was a messed up kid back then. I went to school with both of them at Eastview junior high school and at Elgin high school. For a while, BS used to party with me and the group that I hung out with. But BS was an accident waiting to happen, bad things followed this guy everywhere he went. We used to refer to him as schlep rock because of it. And thinking back, I remember BS telling me that he thought Lori was hot. The last I heard, BS was a homeless degenerate. Never having a job and was always looking for handouts and was living under the overpass where I 90 goes over the Fox River.
This case absolutely needs to be reopened. There is just too much out there, how can they not find out more about Lori's death if they just try? I'm only 34, I did not know Lori, I am not in South Elgin, but I have been reading these posts on Topix and this story is just so sad. Seems like so many people cared for Lori and are hurt from this. Who is this 'BS'? If he was ever questioned then he needs to be questioned again, and again. I hope this family finds closure one day.
GiGi

Billings, MO

#58 Apr 17, 2015
Family,

I am very sorry for you and your family's loss along with having to live all these years without knowing who committed this crime. Justice has not been served - it is not the way of a civil society. I realize this horrific crime occurred almost 40 years ago, and that science and technology regarding DNA evidence was in its infancy. However, you mentioned that LE used DNA to clear the four suspects. Respectfully, may I ask, was Lori's DNA used to clear the four suspects or was DNA of the perpetrator's found and used?

Thank you in advance.
Bobc

Chicago, IL

#59 Apr 25, 2015
Lynette wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, I have been married to one of the 4 men accused of being involved in Lori's murder for over 30 years. We often talked about what he and the other accused men went through during that horrific time. The police were so anxious to charge my husband and his friends they neglected to work on finding the real killer or killers. They even told my husband that they didn't care who did it as far as they were concerned ,case closed. Imagine how terrified these innocent young men were, their whole lives flashing in front of them for being accused of such a terrible crime. After they were all released they were threatened by the police not to try and sue them, they we constantly harassed and speaking for my husband had lost all respect for law enforcement, just proves that there are a lot of innocent people in prison because the police don't care if they catch the real bad guy they just want to catch A guy. Last year we did get a call from one of the other guys who told us that they did indeed get the real guy who killed Lori, he was already in jail for another crime and they matched the DNA to him. I don't have any other details but we were very relieved that Lori's killer had finally been found and she can rest in peace and her family after so long could get some kind of closure.
You must be hallucinating
got to be kidding

Chicago, IL

#60 Apr 25, 2015
Lynette wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, I have been married to one of the 4 men accused of being involved in Lori's murder for over 30 years. We often talked about what he and the other accused men went through during that horrific time. The police were so anxious to charge my husband and his friends they neglected to work on finding the real killer or killers. They even told my husband that they didn't care who did it as far as they were concerned ,case closed. Imagine how terrified these innocent young men were, their whole lives flashing in front of them for being accused of such a terrible crime. After they were all released they were threatened by the police not to try and sue them, they we constantly harassed and speaking for my husband had lost all respect for law enforcement, just proves that there are a lot of innocent people in prison because the police don't care if they catch the real bad guy they just want to catch A guy. Last year we did get a call from one of the other guys who told us that they did indeed get the real guy who killed Lori, he was already in jail for another crime and they matched the DNA to him. I don't have any other details but we were very relieved that Lori's killer had finally been found and she can rest in peace and her family after so long could get some kind of closure.
You are hallucinating

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
concerned Sat worried 1
News Batavia Police Charge 'Transient' With Sexually... Jun 27 hooksFriendNOT 1
Brookfield subdivision Jun 26 worried 1
News Students hear hard facts on alcohol (Aug '08) Jun 24 Scott Peck 9
News Nine Gang Suspects Charged in Carpentersville S... (May '07) Jun 21 Sur Flako 33
News Speaking out against Justus Howell decision Jun 21 Anonymous 20
Who Has The Best Pizza in Bartlett?? (Feb '10) Jun 19 mpetey 58
More from around the web

South Elgin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

South Elgin Mortgages