Teen injured in jump from car is recovering

There are 16 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 25, 2008, titled Teen injured in jump from car is recovering. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The 17-year-old South Elgin boy critically injured when he leaped from a moving vehicle last week is responding to medical treatment and could be interviewed by police in the next few days, a Kane County ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Bears Sux

Ocala, FL

#1 Nov 26, 2008
Unless you are being pursued by the mafia in a high speed chase, your car's brake line was cut and you are descending down a steep mountain in the Swiss Alps, or a terrorist has planted a bomb in your car and you have to maintain the cruise control at 50 MPH, then there is no need to jump out of a moving vehicle.

The kid is completely idiotic. And should have been allowed to become a Darwin award winner.
Darwin

Addison, TX

#2 Nov 26, 2008
You may have survived this one, but I'll get you sooner than later.
coo coo for coco puffs

Chicago, IL

#3 Nov 26, 2008
another victim of the dumbed down playground.
Vice President

West Chicago, IL

#4 Nov 26, 2008
Well, now he knows there's a reason "Jackass" is broadcast with the warning "don't try this at home".
adam

Clayton, DE

#5 Nov 26, 2008
Good luck Kid, I hope you pull through and learn your lesson. Make a 100% recovery. In a few years, it will be a distant but life altering memory.

Darwins theory of Natural Selection is hard to apply in todays modern world.

-in a nut shell, it is the process in which favorable "heritable" traits become more common in successive generations of a species.-

You know, like sharks getting extra rows of teeth so they can replenish the rows they lose when they eat a seal. It doesn't have a whole lot to do with a species making stupid decisions. It doesnt apply.
Whatever

Bensenville, IL

#6 Nov 26, 2008
Why is this in the news?! It should be on MTV's Jacka s s instead. Here is an idea, dont do stupid stuff and you wont have to worry about "recovering". Waste of reporting time.
Ezekiel

Crystal Lake, IL

#7 Nov 26, 2008
Did you get film footage? If Yes, the Producers for the reality tv show Jack Ass want to talk to you you.
patrick

Palatine, IL

#8 Nov 26, 2008
So lets see, it keeps getting reported that he "jumped without warning". But that is from the little girl driving daddy's Durango that fled the scene only to return after being called by police. Just left him in the middle of the road with blood all over. I hope he recovers and is able to tell his side before the papers keep reporting what someone else is saying. Maybe, just maybe, she panicked hit the brakes and he fell out? Why would you leave the scene? Get daddy's insurance policy ready!

“Are you my enemy?”

Since: Dec 07

Parts Unknown

#9 Nov 26, 2008
This little girl should have her license revoked for knowingly participating in such an ignorant stunt. And find the morons who put together this little "scavenger hunt" and charge them as well with stupidity.
ECGirl

Northbrook, IL

#11 Nov 26, 2008
I guess this is what kids do in the burbs for fun...
What's more stupid jumping off a moving vehicle or smoking illegal stuff once in a while like city kids do....

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo Grove, IL

#13 Nov 26, 2008
He's lucky.
Judy

United States

#14 Nov 26, 2008
Obviously he's not Ivy League material. And the driver, just leave your friend bleeding in the streets and drive away. Aren't there new laws about driving with other teens - I thought there were limits now placed on how many kids you could drive around with until you had your license for a longer period of time.
Gin Martini

Chicago, IL

#15 Nov 26, 2008
Wow, I guess you people never did anything stupid when you were teenagers. Good for you -- or maybe you were one of the boring kids who never did anything fun or stupid. For those of us who did dumb stuff when we were kids and lived to tell the tale, best wishes for a speedy recovery to the young man.
redhead

Chicago, IL

#16 Nov 26, 2008
i love this stuff. stupid kids doing stupid, dangerous things which sometimes kill them. these are the ones with the dumbness genes dominant, and it is better that they be removed from the gene pool anyway. that said, such silliness doesn't rate front page coverage, does it?
Iknowthatguy

Willowbrook, IL

#17 Nov 26, 2008
Too many car chase movies where everyone survives the most horrific crashes...does not work in real life. Bet this does not stop other kids from doing the same.
Sam

Gardner, IL

#18 Nov 26, 2008
Gin Martini wrote:
Wow, I guess you people never did anything stupid when you were teenagers. Good for you -- or maybe you were one of the boring kids who never did anything fun or stupid. For those of us who did dumb stuff when we were kids and lived to tell the tale, best wishes for a speedy recovery to the young man.
There is such things as doing dumb things as a teen.....jumping out of a moving car is just stupid, and lacking in common sense. I don't even think there is a word for the girl who drove away leaving a bleeding friend in the middle of the road because that is beyond stupidity. I am sure Daddy has the money though to buy her out of any charges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teachers are attractive? Apr 28 sumguybud 1
Brian Nord (Jul '12) Apr 27 RagsFriendForever 27
pipe burst/ water damage (Jan '14) Apr 27 Wade Wilson 3
News Officials seek seizure of dogs in Batavia anima... Apr 21 ruleoflaw 1
Review: Adams Landscaping Apr 21 Mindy 3
News Palatine Man Sentenced for Confiscating, Sellin... (Mar '14) Apr 18 cops_look_up_poo_... 3
News Mexican immigrants moving back home amid sour e... (Feb '09) Apr 14 wild child 41
More from around the web

South Elgin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]