Police search home and office of Bell...

Police search home and office of Bell Gardens councilman

There are 47 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Jun 25, 2007, titled Police search home and office of Bell Gardens councilman. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

“Our investigation is not complete”

Los Angeles police served search warrants Wednesday at the home and City Hall office of Bell Gardens Councilman Mario Beltran in connection with an investigation into alleged criminal threats, authorities said. The search warrants stem from a February complaint that an unnamed individual was threatened and had a conversation surreptitiously overheard by another party, said Lt. Paul Vernon, commander of the LAPD's Central Division detectives. Vernon declined to say who made the alleged threat or who was the intended victim but did confirm that the searches were conducted at Beltran's council office and his home on Garfield Avenue. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concern Resident

United States

#1 Jun 26, 2007
Mario Beltran and other council members, are in just to get money out from the city of Bell Gardens, they are frauds. Many times I have heard they are there to make the city better, but it seems they just want to make there pockets BIGGER. Its the city resisdents who voted for Mario and his crew, so we souldnt be surprise for what they are doing now. We dont want the same thing to happen like it did when Chacon took office. Its okay Mario, the WHOLE WORLD KNOWS US AS BELL GARABE. GET OUT OF OFFICE SOON!!
FORD PARK 90201

AOL

#5 Jul 1, 2007
AHHH NO!!!....being a x resident of B.G. i am up to date with topics, concerns, and actions that take place. why you may ask? my parents still live there thats why. not only do i attend my city council meetings but when i get a chance i attend B.G. meetings along with my mother. CONCERN RESIDENT, i am proud and happy that you are a resident that cares, however you make me sick by postings topics that you dont even research. can you post facts on what you support? can you post facts on council members just making their wallets bigger? RESIDENT ALIEN....i see you do have questions and concerns. I am not here to build a negative environment...i would just love to see concerns residents research any topics before they speak on it.
yvette silva

Huntingdon, PA

#7 Jul 18, 2007
resident alien wrote:
does anyone know if they are being prosicuted for the crimes they have committed. speaking of rodriguez and beltrans for steering the 5 million dollar contract to a towing co. after meeting with them to collect a payoff to award a contract to felons
you gente have nothing better to do than to lie lie lie about people if anyone has stollen money from anyone is that man who lives in villas de la campanas crispo
Salvador Franco

United States

#9 Jul 21, 2007
I support Mario Beltran he was my commissioner. He just does not listen on how to do things without getting caught. We stick together and fight to the end. You could all keep talking about my low income house and how I stole it but I never got arrested. If Jennifer Rodriguez or Pedro Acetuno think they are going to take me down I have things on them too. So they better keep my name out of the recent FBI search of city hall or they will go down too.
Crespo

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jul 21, 2007
I voted for Franco to get the home because i knew it would benefit me and take attention away from me. Can't you see how i am benefiting i am now the owner of some apartment on gage and i am building more. Hey i need to use the city while i can. Oh by the way i will be renting them out next year so come on by.
Crespo

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Jul 21, 2007
I voted for Franco to get the home because i knew that in the end it would benefit me. Can't you see that it took attention away from me. I just bought more property in BG some apartments on Gage. I need to get everything while i can. Oh by the way if anyone is interested i have one for rent.
Daniel Crespo

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Jul 23, 2007
I am having a fundraiser for whoever is interested in coming to my house. I will be collecting money to support Alberto Lopez who i am running for council. He is a good religious man. He had a few drug problems in his earlier years but he has learned and i really think he can benefit our community. He is a married responsible young individual.
talking to stupid

Shafter, CA

#15 Jul 23, 2007
Daniel Crespo wrote:
I am having a fundraiser for whoever is interested in coming to my house. I will be collecting money to support Alberto Lopez who i am running for council. He is a good religious man. He had a few drug problems in his earlier years but he has learned and i really think he can benefit our community. He is a married responsible young individual.
srart your own forum stupid
BELLGARDENS RESIDENTS

United States

#16 Sep 19, 2007
DO NOT VOTE FOR RODRIGUEZ
JENNIFER RODRIGUEZ

United States

#17 Sep 27, 2007
United Tow Owner Arrested
EGP News Service
Los Angeles Police Department detectives on Tuesday arrested South Gate based United Tow Company owner Shahram Shayesteh on two felony counts in connection with a criminal threat made during a February telephone conversation between two Bell Gardens city councilmen.
Shahram Shayesteh allegedly eavesdropped on a telephone conversation between council members Mario Beltran and Daniel Crespo. While Beltran was aware that Shayesteh was on the phone line, Crespo was not.
“We served search warrants last June at the United Tow Company in South Gate as well as at two other places,” said Lieutenant Paul Vernon of the LAPD Central Detective Division. The other two places were Bell Gardens City Hall and the home of Beltran.“Information from that search led to an arrest warrant for Mr. Shayesteh for obstructing a public official and making criminal threats.”
Detectives arrested Shayesteh at his home in the 5300 block of Donna Avenue in Tarzana around 10 a.m. and he was booked at the downtown Metropolitan Jail. Bail was set at $85 thousand.
The arrest stems from the investigation of a criminal complaint filed at the Central Police Station last February by “a person who reported that he was threatened during a telephone conversation,” according to the LAPD.
As previously reported by EGP, the threat is alleged to have originated from a disagreement over the awarding of a $5 million contract for towing services in Bell Gardens and was made against Crespo.
Authorities allege that Crespo told Beltran he had received a threat from Shayesteh after a council meeting last November when he raised concerns about the contract.
When contacted, Crespo said he could not comment on the matter due to the ongoing investigation.
EGP reported earlier this year that Crespo had complained that Beltran had “set him up,” and had secretly arranged the telephone conversation— which he (Crespo) believed would be private— to discuss concerns over the awarding of the lucrative towing contract. But according to Crespo, Beltran had arranged for a representative of the towing company to be on the line to secretly listen in on the conversation during which Shayesteh spoke up and threated Crespo.
Councilman Beltran could not be reached for comment.
Cesar Cornejo

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Oct 5, 2007
VOTE 4 MARKOS PEUNTE FOR BG CITY COUNSULE. OUT THE OLD IN WITH NEW
Community Activist

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Oct 5, 2007
Mario Beltran and Jennifer Rodriguez and Aceituno are all in the same corrupted boat. Please do not vote for them this November 2008.
citizen moe

Pacoima, CA

#20 Oct 5, 2007
EGP News Service
Los Angeles Police Department detectives on Tuesday arrested South Gate based United Tow Company owner Shahram Shayesteh on two felony counts in connection with a criminal threat made during a February telephone conversation between two Bell Gardens city councilmen.
Shahram Shayesteh allegedly eavesdropped on a telephone conversation between council members Mario Beltran and Daniel Crespo. While Beltran was aware that Shayesteh was on the phone line, Crespo was not.
“We served search warrants last June at the United Tow Company in South Gate as well as at two other places,” said Lieutenant Paul Vernon of the LAPD Central Detective Division. The other two places were Bell Gardens City Hall and the home of Beltran.“Information from that search led to an arrest warrant for Mr. Shayesteh for obstructing a public official and making criminal threats.”
Detectives arrested Shayesteh at his home in the 5300 block of Donna Avenue in Tarzana around 10 a.m. and he was booked at the downtown Metropolitan Jail. Bail was set at $85 thousand.
The arrest stems from the investigation of a criminal complaint filed at the Central Police Station last February by “a person who reported that he was threatened during a telephone conversation,” according to the LAPD.
As previously reported by EGP, the threat is alleged to have originated from a disagreement over the awarding of a $5 million contract for towing services in Bell Gardens and was made against Crespo.
Authorities allege that Crespo told Beltran he had received a threat from Shayesteh after a council meeting last November when he raised concerns about the contract.
When contacted, Crespo said he could not comment on the matter due to the ongoing investigation.
EGP reported earlier this year that Crespo had complained that Beltran had “set him up,” and had secretly arranged the telephone conversation— which he (Crespo) believed would be private— to discuss concerns over the awarding of the lucrative towing contract. But according to Crespo, Beltran had arranged for a representative of the towing company to be on the line to secretly listen in on the conversation during which Shayesteh spoke up and threated Crespo.
Councilman Beltran could not be reached for comment. REMEMBER WHEN YOU VOTE RODRIGUIZ IS PART OF THIS CORRUPTION..READ THE ARTICLES IN THE LA WEEKLY
Sergio

Arvin, CA

#21 Oct 5, 2007
A guy named David Manuel came to my house today and is running for school board. He has a lot of good things that he wants to do for the schools. After talking with him I found out that he's the only one that has kids that go to the schools in the district. He is from Montebello. I met David Vela the guy he's running against. David Vela is in his 20's, single and doesn't have any kids. I told David Manuel I'd talk to my friends and neighbors and ask them to vote for him. Our schools in Bell Gardens need a lot of help and I think David Manuel can help us.
AMEED

Pacoima, CA

#22 Oct 7, 2007
EGP News Service
Councilman Beltran could not be reached for comment. REMEMBER WHEN YOU VOTE RODRIGUIZ IS PART OF THIS CORRUPTION..READ THE ARTICLES IN THE LA WEEKLY
Dirty Crespo

Westminster, CA

#23 Oct 11, 2007
unbelievable Crespo in trouble with the law again first with a lawsuit that the city had to pay more than 70,000 $$$$$$$$$$ and now he is making death threats this man has to stop. The unfortunate part he is going to try and lie and say it is political im sorry but this man is a psycho.
Stop all the lies

Westminster, CA

#24 Oct 11, 2007
If you have been a victim of Crespo please come up and let it be known he cant hurt you anymore. Don't let his supporters candidate Sylva and Lopez fool you. They are all liars who claim God please do me a favor don't use God for your political interest because God can see the truth and when you lie and are deceitful just to get the vote it is wrong.
it s me GOD

United States

#25 Oct 11, 2007
Stop all the lies wrote:
If you have been a victim of Crespo please come up and let it be known he cant hurt you anymore. Don't let his supporters candidate Sylva and Lopez fool you. They are all liars who claim God please do me a favor don't use God for your political interest because God can see the truth and when you lie and are deceitful just to get the vote it is wrong.
DO NOT VOTE FOR RODRICUEZ I HAVE SPOKE!!!!!!!!!!
Resident X

United States

#26 Oct 12, 2007
Investigan a concejal de Bell Gardens
Daniel Crespo está acusado de amenazar de muerte a abogado
Agustín Durán
Miércoles, 10 de octubre de 2007
John Ornelas, abogado de la ciudad de Bell Gardens, denunció ayer haber recibido amenazas de muerte del concejal Daniel Crespo y teme por su vida, por lo que solicitó a las autoridades una orden de restricción contra el funcionario y pidió trabajar desde su hogar.
En un memorándum dirigido a todos los concejales y a la Procuraduría del Distrito de Los Ángeles, Ornelas expresa larga y detalladamente varias situaciones en las que ha sido confrontado por el concejal. La última, dice, ocurrió hace tres semanas, un día después de una junta del Concejo.
"La amenaza de muerte es la culminación de lo que creo que es un hombre problemático (bully) que continúa con este patrón porque no he respondido a su conducta inestable", expresó Ornelas.
Según el memorándum, el 18 de septiembre de 2007, un día después de una junta del Concejo, Crespo estaba muy enojado porque pensó que el abogado lo quería poner en evidencia en la junta, respecto a su vivienda subsidiada por la ciudad en Viñas Las Campanas.
Según Ornelas, el concejal utilizó un lenguaje profano en el que lo amenazaba de cómo acabaría con su carrera y la del resto de los concejales.
"Si chingas a Crespo, tú eres un hombre muerto", fueron algunas de las expresiones descritas en el memorándum.
Ese mismo día en la tarde, Ornelas dijo que recibió un memo de Crespo cambiando toda la versión del encuentro que había mantenido con él y acusando al abogado de insultarlo y de agredirlo.
El abogado indica tener testigos de las acciones de Crespo, que van desde el ex jefe de policía Manuel Ortega, el ex abogado de la ciudad Francisco Leal y ex empleados como Carlos García, entre otros.
El abogado subraya en el documento que, en 1999, previo a su llegada a la ciudad como trabajador, Crespo se vio involucrado en una confrontación con sus asociados en Viñas Las Campanas, donde fue acusado de sacar una pistola.
Por otro lado, señala que hace unos años el edil fue acusado de acoso sexual contra la ahora ex trabajadora Diana González y a quien exigía que se le corriera del trabajo sin importar, no sólo las violaciones a sus derechos como persona, sino la ilegalidad del acto.
El comunicado consta de 37 páginas que incluyen copias de memos, demandas y reportes de policía donde el concejal Crespo ha sido implicado, ya sea por amenazas a funcionarios o a gente común y corriente, conductas explosivas, ofensivas, una acusación de acoso sexual o presionar para que el abogado realizara actos ilegales.
Ornelas concluye que debido al grado de temor que las acciones y amenazas realizadas por el concejal, ha tenido que solicitar una orden de restricción.
La Procuraduría del distrito confirmó que recibió la denuncia el 8 de octubre y que investigará el caso ya que las amenazas de muerte son consideradas un delito muy serio y, de comprobarse las acusaciones podrían ser castigadas con cárcel.
Resident X

United States

#27 Oct 12, 2007
Daniel Crespo, por su parte, indicó que todas las acusaciones son falsas, que es un movimiento político realizado por sus contrincantes y que ahora simplemente los concejales quieren quitarse la atención y culparlo a él de cosas que no sucedieron.
Actualmente la alcaldesa Jennifer Rodríguez y el vicealcalde, Pedro Aceituno, buscan reelegirse y están en plena campaña política; mientras que Crespo está respaldando a otros dos candidatos.
"Están inventando cosas feas porque están desesperados, como ven que todo el pueblo está conmigo", expresó el concejal. "Nunca hice esas amenazas, como los tres funcionarios (Jennifer Rodríguez, Pedro Aceituno y Mario Beltrán), tienen problemas con la justicia ahora quieren involucrarme".
"Lo que buscan es desacreditar mi nombre, pero cuando se acabe todo esto veré la forma de que se limpie mi nombre", agregó. "Lo único que le pido al público es que no se deje confundir y un poco de paciencia porque al final la verdad saldrá a la luz".
Crespo agregó que fue mucha casualidad que la denuncia fuera presentada a tres semanas de las elecciones que se realizarán el 6 de noviembre.
El resto de los ediles (4) prefirieron no comentar al respecto hasta no revisar las acusaciones. Sin embargo, programaron una junta a puertas cerradas para el día de hoy, a la 1:30 p.m., para discutir la situación.
Algunos empleados de la ciudad, que prefirieron el anonimato, indicaron que no les sorprendieron las acusaciones, ya que varios habían visto los arranques de ira de Crespo.
Alberto López e Ivette Silva, ambos candidatos a concejal y respaldados por Crespo, indicaron que el concejal es incapaz de una amenaza. Lo calificaron de un hombre de paz y de fe que puede discutir como cualquier persona, pero nunca al grado de amenazar o sacar una pistola.
"Crespo es una persona muy calmada que cree en Dios, aunque cualquier persona explota cuando lo hacen enojar", expresó López.
Silva subrayó que al momento de una confrontación Crespo siempre aconseja que es mejor darse la vuelta y partir.

Nota de La Opinión

http://www.laopinion.com/archivo/print.html...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South El Monte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Flash Monica Garcia's underwear and garmen... 9 min Please close legs 1
Salcedo done in Baldwin Park he was Caught 23 min No More 1
Jeanie Ayala and Mayor Lozano LIARS 31 min Liars 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 41 min Davis 8,547
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 51 min Anonymous 33,110
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 2 hr TSM 1,821
News Jeff Dineen: Make a difference - shop locally (Nov '09) 3 hr rhade 35

South El Monte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South El Monte Mortgages