South El Monte council members Delgad...

South El Monte council members Delgado and Garcia to marry

There are 11 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Nov 4, 2010, titled South El Monte council members Delgado and Garcia to marry. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Councilman Hector Delgado spent much of his childhood at his grandmother's house, a block from the home where fellow council member Angelica Garcia grew up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Zango

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Nov 5, 2010
No way!!
Concerned citizen

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 5, 2010
Isn't this called conflict of interest? One of them should step down.
Unbelievable

Monrovia, CA

#3 Nov 5, 2010
No both should step down You know he will vote for what ever she wants if she steps down.. Unbelievable How long has this been secretly going on. We need to check their past votes and see if they voted the same on all issues.
Nosean Mamilas

Montebello, CA

#4 Nov 8, 2010
I am sick and tired of negative people who are obsessed with things that don’t affect their lives. They need to go and find someone or get another cat. Hector and Angelica Congratulations and I hope that you are still able to maintain your independence on the dias. As for being a conflict of interest, its not…there have been married couples sitting on a City Council throughout the state, you biggest issue is ensuring that your City is OK but if they are not you have a decision to make for the sake of your marriage. The City is so much better off since the new council has taken over. Best of luck and I wish both of you well.
semnative

San Clemente, CA

#5 Nov 10, 2010
Nosean Mamilas wrote:
I am sick and tired of negative people who are obsessed with things that don’t affect their lives. They need to go and find someone or get another cat. Hector and Angelica Congratulations and I hope that you are still able to maintain your independence on the dias. As for being a conflict of interest, its not…there have been married couples sitting on a City Council throughout the state, you biggest issue is ensuring that your City is OK but if they are not you have a decision to make for the sake of your marriage. The City is so much better off since the new council has taken over. Best of luck and I wish both of you well.
Your comment is obviously based on personal feelings, not for the betterment of SEM yOU ARE CLUELESS!
The relationship has been going on since Garcia was elected to the council, Delgado is the one who brought her on.
SDali

North Pole, AK

#6 Nov 15, 2010
No way, a non-samesex marriage in California! They should be tarred and feathered for deviating from the norms of their society. Congradulations your normal people, more power to you. You know that with this type of behavior you will ultimately be penalized by the fruitcakes who run the circus out there. Always listen to the ring-master, not the animals?
Resident

Pacoima, CA

#7 Nov 15, 2010
SDali wrote:
No way, a non-samesex marriage in California! They should be tarred and feathered for deviating from the norms of their society. Congradulations your normal people, more power to you. You know that with this type of behavior you will ultimately be penalized by the fruitcakes who run the circus out there. Always listen to the ring-master, not the animals?
Yes, congrats on their wedding! Its great ... they found love. May this union last forever, but why did South El Monte taxpayers have to pay for their wedding?

theonewhoreallyk nows

United States

#8 Jul 20, 2011
So sad that he married for convenience instead of true love, she needs to keep a shorter leash on him. He's an "old faithful dog" that keeps coming back.
anonymous

West Hollywood, CA

#9 Jul 30, 2011
theonewhoreallyknows wrote:
So sad that he married for convenience instead of true love, she needs to keep a shorter leash on him. He's an "old faithful dog" that keeps coming back.
That's her problem not yours!
Resident Voter

North Weymouth, MA

#10 Sep 23, 2011
Now is the time to fix this problem and vote in a new councilmen.
Common Sense

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Nov 17, 2011
This is a conflict of interest. One should step down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South El Monte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 3 hr LMSA 9,139
Lost confidence in Molinari 3 hr Truth matters 5
City Of Montebello's Notice Of Change In Genera... 4 hr Truth matters 2
Montebello City Council -LEAD BY EXAMPLE 4 hr Truth matters 5
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... 5 hr WasteWater 604
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr AindaPharrts 33,452
Montebello City Council Meeting 072617 11 hr Truth Matters 3

South El Monte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South El Monte Mortgages