El Monte corn vendor shot in robbery ...

El Monte corn vendor shot in robbery attempt

There are 81 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from May 8, 2009, titled El Monte corn vendor shot in robbery attempt. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Two men shot a corn vendor in the head Friday during a failed robbery, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
CoFire

Downey, CA

#1 May 8, 2009
damn Monte Flores.. I hope they all die
mynameismud

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#3 May 8, 2009
decline of the western civilization.at its finest.
JackSchitt

United States

#4 May 8, 2009
Two men myAss, more like two cowards. How desperate or retarded does someone have to be to rob a guy selling CORN??!!
anonymous

San Luis Obispo, CA

#5 May 8, 2009
It's useless people like those two who keep this city (El Monte) from moving forward and cause most families to live in fear. Do they honestly think that trying to end an innocent hard-working man's life for a few dollars is perfectly okay? They better remember that karma is a dish best served cold.
JackSchitt

United States

#6 May 8, 2009
anonymous wrote:
It's useless people like those two who keep this city (El Monte) from moving forward and cause most families to live in fear. Do they honestly think that trying to end an innocent hard-working man's life for a few dollars is perfectly okay? They better remember that karma is a dish best served cold.
You're right, it is people like that who keep many cities from moving forward. The only way to curtail crime is to enact harsher punishments.

“NEVER ADRIFT OR AFFLICTED”

Since: Mar 09

S Arcadia, Next to Temple City

#7 May 9, 2009
The local low life cholo's at it again, trying to rob and murder some poor guy selling corn. These people are worse than animals.
DEWAP

Costa Mesa, CA

#9 May 9, 2009
someone reading this article knows who these retards are, man up and turn these losers in before they rob or kill someone YOU know. Losers.
alor

Becket, MA

#10 May 9, 2009
well put ! i agree and am a firm believer of karma. the universe will definitely handle this .
anonymous wrote:
Anonymous

Riverside, CA

#11 May 9, 2009
The sad thing is, these losers will reproduce. Maybe there should be a mandatory spay and neuter law for pond scum, like the El Monte Flores (Flowers?) gang and their significant others. If these slime go to jail you don't want their parents raising their kids. Look at the crappy job they did when they raised the little gang bangers.
DESERT RAT

Tempe, AZ

#13 May 9, 2009
You gotta be phecking kidding me. A CORN VENDOR>
TheTruth

Los Angeles, CA

#18 May 9, 2009
All of So. Cal is s hit now.
DEWAP

Costa Mesa, CA

#19 May 9, 2009
bosco rebob wrote:
<quoted text> sara you fat okie piece of crap what have you done for your country besides consume it's food? i am Mexican ex Army soldier who is more American than you swine! my flag is red white and blue, my father and uncle's are vietnam vets and my grandfather is Army as well! we are Mexicans and wore the uniform of our country and i bet more American than you! i live in a 5 bedroom house and drive an infiniti convertable! i do commercial construction HVAC (air/heating) and have a pretty nice life as a Mexican so go take a big crap because it's up to your forehead hog...
Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration?
Soldier622

Norwalk, CA

#20 May 9, 2009
Those corn vendors ILLEGALLY sell food on the streets. They should not be doing that. I don't care how desperate the are. I have them arrested and their food thrown away all the time. I am an AMERICAN of Latino descent and am furious that they try and sell this stuff. Once, we had a corn vendor arrested and as the cops were going through his food, they found a dead rat at the bottom of the corn bucket. I'm pretty sure that they don't keep all that butter and mayonnaise at the proper temperature, either. Maybe that's why so many people get salmonella and food poisoning...the food goes bad. They are not approved by the county health inspector and are not liscenced to sell food in that manner. It's disgusting, too.
NEWBY

Covina, CA

#21 May 9, 2009
bosco rebob wrote:
<quoted text> sara you fat okie piece of crap what have you done for your country besides consume it's food? i am Mexican ex Army soldier who is more American than you swine! my flag is red white and blue, my father and uncle's are vietnam vets and my grandfather is Army as well! we are Mexicans and wore the uniform of our country and i bet more American than you! i live in a 5 bedroom house and drive an infiniti convertable! i do commercial construction HVAC (air/heating) and have a pretty nice life as a Mexican so go take a big crap because it's up to your forehead hog...
LMAO! I love this because it's so true. She also needs to go back to school and learn proper grammar.
shooter

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#22 May 9, 2009
Get rid of all Mexican now once and for all and send them back home.
rabosi

Rosemead, CA

#23 May 9, 2009
These illegal street vendors are easy target for local gangs and other illegal in the area. They can create an unhealthy environment for everyone around them or near by.

City of Elmonte, should put a brake on these illegal vendors I don't think we give a damn if they're sell corn out of their ass.ss. We have groceries stores, restaurants and so on compliance with city ordinance, and health inspection.
anonymous

San Luis Obispo, CA

#27 May 9, 2009
"Get rid of all Mexican now once and for all and send them back home. "--Shooter
As I said before, it's people like this...
"Those corn vendors ILLEGALLY sell food on the streets. They should not be doing that. I don't care how desperate the are. I have them arrested and their food thrown away all the time. I am an AMERICAN of Latino descent and am furious that they try and sell this stuff. Once, we had a corn vendor arrested and as the cops were going through his food, they found a dead rat at the bottom of the corn bucket. I'm pretty sure that they don't keep all that butter and mayonnaise at the proper temperature, either. Maybe that's why so many people get salmonella and food poisoning...the food goes bad. They are not approved by the county health inspector and are not liscenced to sell food in that manner. It's disgusting, too."
So are you implying that this man should have been shot in the head because he was selling food without a license? Also, you said that you have all of them (corn vendors) arrested and their food thrown away; which implies that you must have nothing better to do than to make people's lives difficult by calling the police on people who do not have the luxury of a minimal education and resources. You can be "pretty sure" that they do not store the butter and mayonnaise at proper temperature, BUT you cannot be 100% positive that they do not. One thing that I am 100% positive about is that you are a disgusting person too.
anonymous

San Luis Obispo, CA

#30 May 9, 2009
rabosi wrote:
These illegal street vendors are easy target for local gangs and other illegal in the area. They can create an unhealthy environment for everyone around them or near by.
City of Elmonte, should put a brake on these illegal vendors I don't think we give a damn if they're sell corn out of their ****.ss. We have groceries stores, restaurants and so on compliance with city ordinance, and health inspection.
Just when I thought a person couldn't have posted a more ignorant comment. Street vendors easy targets? Wake up, these are gang members, if you are an innocent bystander or even a rival gang member, you are already an easy target for some low life with no remorse to kill. If you don't like the corn--or any other products they may sell--then do not buy it. Buying a corn from a street vendor is much easier and inexpensive than going to the store and purchasing corn, butter, mayonnaise, and cheese. Also, please do not refer to yourself as "We" because you do not speak for everyone. Your ignorance is justified by your poor grammar and incorrect punctuations.
Anonymous

Riverside, CA

#32 May 9, 2009
sara wrote:
<quoted text>
But, your doing nothing to stop drugs,in baldwin park you probley went to baldwin Park hig llike me!
I moved.when I lived there this crap was unheard of (1970's1960's)))
Sara,
I don't know what world you were living on in the 60's and 70's. Maybe you were spaced out on something. El Monte Flores has been around since the late 50's.

I really find it sad, when people hate one group of people based not on who that person is, but on the color of their skin or where their ancestors immigrated from. People that harbor such hate, probably feel threatened because of their own inadequacies.

Illegal immigration is a problem in California. It is a problem that can only be solved at the Federal level. As long as lawmakers in states that are not has severely affected by the problem continue to do nothing, the problem will continue. Maybe Sara, something will happen when the illegals move on to places like Oklahoma.
Your Free Lunch

Monrovia, CA

#33 May 9, 2009
Soldier622 wrote:
Those corn vendors ILLEGALLY sell food on the streets. They should not be doing that. I don't care how desperate the are. I have them arrested and their food thrown away all the time. I am an AMERICAN of Latino descent and am furious that they try and sell this stuff. Once, we had a corn vendor arrested and as the cops were going through his food, they found a dead rat at the bottom of the corn bucket. I'm pretty sure that they don't keep all that butter and mayonnaise at the proper temperature, either. Maybe that's why so many people get salmonella and food poisoning...the food goes bad. They are not approved by the county health inspector and are not liscenced to sell food in that manner. It's disgusting, too.
Sure, and I walked on the moon last night....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South El Monte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maternity tourism websites target pregnant Chin... 54 min asianladylovr 3
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 29,907
Review: Gauvry Gabe (Jan '15) 1 hr stgeorgesound 3
Did Jim Salazar assault a kid? 2 hr Roba Coaches 1
Mayor Jack's puppet masters make the News 6 hr FYI 1
Bankruptcy and Bounced Checks Let's talk Pacheco 7 hr Tuttle Drama 12
Tuttle the Goat Hurder II 7 hr Tuttle Is a joke 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South El Monte Mortgages