Our View: Local differences in differ...

Our View: Local differences in different state

There are 5 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Nov 4, 2010, titled Our View: Local differences in different state. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

IF Tuesday's election showed that California is indeed different than anywhere else, approval of local tax and bond measures in a nation in an anti-tax mood showed that our region of the county is that difference, squared.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

Taxpayer

AOL

#1 Nov 5, 2010
My friends, family and neighbors are paying more than their fair share of taxes (of all kinds) already. How about the large numbers that are reportedly not paying income tax ante up their fair share?

“Off The Cliff They Go.”

Since: Dec 09

Duarte, CA

#2 Nov 5, 2010
But at what point do the drone Democrat voters say enough?

I wonder how many actual property owners and business owners said yes to many of these new bond measures?

The Dependency Party won't last forever.

Democrats will lose in 4 years.
Alexander

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Nov 5, 2010
This is really strange. On November 3, from my house I could see GREECE. What a bunch of ignorant, uneducated folks we have in California. We should be forced to secede from the Union. All of you dummies who voted for Jerry, Barbara, No on 23 will reap the fruits of your actions. Read my quivering lips.
Artie D

Menifee, CA

#4 Nov 5, 2010
A quick look at the map of California voting results overlayed on the Congressional disticts shows that we have two California; one along the Coast that always votes liberal and one in the interior that votes conservative. When the Redisticting Commission gets done with their job, we will see significantly differing results on the political scene! Bye Bye Judy Chu
sgvgirl

Menifee, CA

#5 Nov 5, 2010
Alexander wrote:
This is really strange. On November 3, from my house I could see GREECE. What a bunch of ignorant, uneducated folks we have in California. We should be forced to secede from the Union. All of you dummies who voted for Jerry, Barbara, No on 23 will reap the fruits of your actions. Read my quivering lips.
This is exactly what a feared before the election. A Jerry Brown Governor and a No on 23. Kiss prosperity a definite and final goodbye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South El Monte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 min Chosen Traveler 35,818
Vanessa was served Recall papers Last night 18 min Lincoln Homeowner 4
They Sold Montebello out to Pot, so Recall is On! 3 hr Recall Delgado Ha... 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 3 hr Be real 11,217
News More 12 hr jack cass 2
Is Jack or Vanessa the Mayor?? 13 hr itchie nads 12
tragedy el monte high (Apr '06) Apr 23 Brent F 106

South El Monte Jobs

Personal Finance

South El Monte Mortgages