concerned mother

United States

#1 Dec 10, 2011
What has happened at this school? My daughter said the principal ran in and screamed at all of them to get in line for no reason and she asked the teacher what they did and she said nothing. Why is she so rough and cold with the students. Also several teachers are like that as well.
joke

Hollywood, FL

#2 Dec 15, 2011
My kids used to go there. Teachers pick on kids and are very catty and like to start drama. I hear candi strader is the principal now, good luck to those poor kids. She is way too harsh!
wayne

Hollywood, FL

#3 Dec 15, 2011
ScrewyAaa this place blowsass. My babigurl goes there. Mrs king is her teacher and I'd love to slap her fatass. My gf has told it to her once so duces to alll of dem hatas.
pleased

Penn Laird, VA

#4 Mar 30, 2012
Personally, I think it is a great school. There are many fantastic teachers who truly care about the students. My son had Ms. King and we had no problems. I'm guessing from your reaction that you didn't expect your child to pay attention in order to learn, complete assignments, be respectful, or to behave appropriately. Unfortunately for you, your child will have many "horrible" teachers who expect the same or more. Maybe the school will transform your child into a respectable, productive member of society as opposed to just a "continued cycle of welfare recipients".
respect

Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 31, 2012
pleased wrote:
Personally, I think it is a great school. There are many fantastic teachers who truly care about the students. My son had Ms. King and we had no problems. I'm guessing from your reaction that you didn't expect your child to pay attention in order to learn, complete assignments, be respectful, or to behave appropriately. Unfortunately for you, your child will have many "horrible" teachers who expect the same or more. Maybe the school will transform your child into a respectable, productive member of society as opposed to just a "continued cycle of welfare recipients".
I see why you are so fond of the characteristics of Ms. King because you share the same rude, superior, elite like dispositions. This woman is condescending, crude, calls the student out and humiliates them. She is disrespectful to other teachers in front of students. Just degrading to everyone and for you to support her is baffling.
I am not a parent of a student but I saw all of this first hand and witnessed it every day. I truly had pity for her students.
hasrespectfulkid s

Charleston, WV

#6 May 7, 2012
respect wrote:
<quoted text>
I see why you are so fond of the characteristics of Ms. King because you share the same rude, superior, elite like dispositions. This woman is condescending, crude, calls the student out and humiliates them. She is disrespectful to other teachers in front of students. Just degrading to everyone and for you to support her is baffling.
I am not a parent of a student but I saw all of this first hand and witnessed it every day. I truly had pity for her students.
Some people just can't handle the real world. Mrs. King only asks for kids to be respectful, and OMG, LEARN!!!! No one has an elitist attitude, what you have is an "I don't live in the real world and don't teach my kids how to be productive citizens" attitude. If you don't like the way Mrs. King teaches, you and your kids are going to have a hard life, she wants your kids to be SUCCESSFUL, think about it.
gladtobeout

United States

#7 May 8, 2012
I was never so happy in my life as I was the day we moved away from bridgeviews district. That school is degrading to everyone they deem "poor". I never had so many problems with "grown-ups" as I did in this school. They dont care about making our children SUCCESSFUL they want lil robots that dont have opinions. There was more than one time I had to go in and defend my children for sticking up for themselves. I even had a so called "teachers aid" call the meth hotline on me and she was heard bragging about it on her cell phone DURING class. I got put down for having had cancer and after my surgery I couldnt get up and do homework projects and alot of other things for about a month and they downgraded me for this then called the meth hotline because I am a bad parent.... I was never so disgusted in my life or humiliated because they think its right to confront you with their issues in the middle of the hallway. They labeled my son as a sexual predator becasue he had spent weeks getting hit in his well you know after going to the teacher many times and then to the principal and they wouldnt do anything cause they didnt see it I told my son to protect himself by any means necesary he ended up hitting the boy who had tormented him for to long in his you know where and my poor son was suspended and nothing happened to this other boy it got so bad that he was literally vomiting when it was time to go to school so thankfully we moved and now my sexual deviant no talent son is the top of his class and hasnt had one incident where he is bullied to the point of having to protect himself Bridgeview is just a popularity contest
formerbrigeviewt eacher

New York, NY

#8 May 9, 2012
gladtobeout wrote:
I was never so happy in my life as I was the day we moved away from bridgeviews district. That school is degrading to everyone they deem "poor". I never had so many problems with "grown-ups" as I did in this school. They dont care about making our children SUCCESSFUL they want lil robots that dont have opinions. There was more than one time I had to go in and defend my children for sticking up for themselves. I even had a so called "teachers aid" call the meth hotline on me and she was heard bragging about it on her cell phone DURING class. I got put down for having had cancer and after my surgery I couldnt get up and do homework projects and alot of other things for about a month and they downgraded me for this then called the meth hotline because I am a bad parent.... I was never so disgusted in my life or humiliated because they think its right to confront you with their issues in the middle of the hallway. They labeled my son as a sexual predator becasue he had spent weeks getting hit in his well you know after going to the teacher many times and then to the principal and they wouldnt do anything cause they didnt see it I told my son to protect himself by any means necesary he ended up hitting the boy who had tormented him for to long in his you know where and my poor son was suspended and nothing happened to this other boy it got so bad that he was literally vomiting when it was time to go to school so thankfully we moved and now my sexual deviant no talent son is the top of his class and hasnt had one incident where he is bullied to the point of having to protect himself Bridgeview is just a popularity contest
I totally agree and I don't have a student there but have been employed there and seen this happen.
ClearAsMud

Monroe, VA

#9 May 14, 2012
formerbrigeviewteacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree and I don't have a student there but have been employed there and seen this happen.
Why are you no longer employed at that school? Is it because you don't know how to teach or your inability to conjugate verbs?(seen/saw)
proudmomma

Berea, OH

#10 May 15, 2012
My child was an A student until we moved into the district and she had Mrs. King. It went down hill from there. We transferred the following year and its back to all A's again. The only person I like at that school was the crossing gaurd.
Derp

Towanda, PA

#11 Jan 22, 2013
Oh my! My daughter goes there!!!! I live in a different state and have fought for a few years for my rights (school reports and such) which were ordered by the court! I have yet to get a thing! I knew they were at fault!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#12 Jan 22, 2013
Mrs King is a respectful teacher. I happen to be a student of hers many years ago. Hated her while I was there but after leaving the school I realized that all she wanted was us to do good and learn something. My mother didn't care much for her either but she was very upfront with everyone including parents. A lot of the teachers there seem harsh but sit back and think about it. How are you raising your child? Is he/she going to school acting like a delinquent? Maybe that's why they seem hard on some more than others, simply because they weren't taught to respect people and behave. Stop giving your child everything they want. Bust their ass when needed. And spend time with them. Sitting watching TV while they sit on the couch playing a game isn't spending time together. Teach your children some morals. Coping skills. Maybe the teachers jobs wouldn't be so difficult if not for having to play mommy or daddy while there supposed to be teaching.
Insider

Alexandria, VA

#13 Mar 11, 2013
I agree that there are some staff/faculty at Bridgeview can be stern. However, teachers are not just teachers to kids anymore. They often play the role of mom/dad, psychologist, nurse, caregiver, etc while being their teacher at the same time. I am stern with my own children at home. Are you? I won't say that all of the staff at Bridgeview is amazing, but almost all of them are phenomenal teachers who love their students and do the best they can for them.

Being mean to a child or embarrassing them in front of others is uncalled for. I have witnessed teachers being disrespected in front of students as well. However, please understand that this is the minority of the staff, not the majority. If you are concerned about your rights being fulfilled, you may want to contact the teacher directly by email as a reminder right before grade cards go home. There's a lot going in a grade card time and it could easily slip his or her mind. Just a thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
C&O Motors 19 min Booboo 10
Hospitals Phys Employees 28 min DocOnTheClock 18
Most despised "President" ever...Barack Hussein... 36 min bumpis 3
dallas king 43 min know him 1
Getting my wife to swallow. 44 min Sniper 60
Thank you Obama for low gas prices 1 hr I'd vote for him ... 15
Hillary Nibert 1 hr josephine 36
More from around the web

South Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE