concerned parent

United States

#1 Feb 15, 2013
Complaints?
richmond parent

United States

#2 Feb 18, 2013
Yea. Who's ur child's teacher or what are ur complaints? just curious i have a child that goes there
concerned parent

Charleston, WV

#3 Feb 19, 2013
I have a few complaints..my child is a third grader
richmond parent

Brookville, PA

#4 Feb 19, 2013
I have third grader as well i have a few complaints as well. I feel the teacher communication with parents is horrible especially when it comes to your child failing a subject. i am not happy with the bullying thst goes on and how its handled. i have also been told not just by my child that the teacher is always on her phone texting etc and that my child gets blamed for things they didn't do . I know a typical kid will deny wrong doings but when their fellow classmates approach me as the parent and says my child gets blamed for everything even things they didn't do bc the teacher is constantly on their phone speaks volumes. especially when the fellow classmates have never met me before
concerned parent

United States

#5 Feb 19, 2013
I am having the same issues! Teachers always have their favorites but its getting a lil redicilous (sp) especially when other kids come up and say that the teacher is meaner to one more than the others and allows other kids to be rude and bully as well. I havent heard about the texting yet but will ask my child about it later. I have talked to the principal about the bullying but dont think she believed me..made it out to sound like my child was doing something to be laughed at all the time
richmond parent

Brookville, PA

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Trust me i know how you feel and its so irionic bc i had been googling reviews to see if others have commented idk who ur child's teacher is and i don't mind my name being known at all bc it is what it is do u mind emailing me id actually like to talk to you more to compare but i will not post my number on topix haha but u can email me [email protected] .com or find me ob facebook my name is michele mullins i have two fb so fruend both n wr can pm
Tired

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 21, 2013
My kids went to Richmond. They= kids and staff bullied my son. The school nurse was the worst. If me or my son said anything to the principal, he got in trouble for tattle tailing. What is wrong with that woman? And the dress code for the kids is enforced but we have to look at her upper thighs with the short skirts and short she wears. Glad we got away from there!!!!!!!!!!
concerned parent

Kansas City, MO

#8 Feb 21, 2013
Tired..I agree with you...I have said the exact same thing about the principal and the dress code..I seriously think she is bipolar..talk to her enough and you would prob agree. She is very power hungry and likes to have her ego stroked by coaching the kids to say good morning you look fabulous today..makes me want to vomit. And I know bullying goes on everywhere but it seems like they really try to hush it and pretend it dont happen there
richmond parent

Wooster, OH

#9 Feb 22, 2013
I'm really glad I have gotten feedback I thought maybe it was just me. I am takingaction though even if it involves going to the board. My child didn't attend schoool today bc we are going out of town. but yesterday is the LAST my child will come out of that school in tears! They are going to have a rude awakening come Monday morning though andmy child is getting transferred . My child has ADHD and I refused for the longest time to medicate since he was diagnosed with just a slight case. his grades were notaffected by notbeing medicated but he continuously came home onres and blue. the staff made me feel like i was jeporadizing my sons education by not medicating. so i started meds on him WITHOUT. informing the staff and the results were still the same. I will be damed (pardon the language) thatim going to give my8 yr old a stimulant that I have recently discovered is compared to synthetic cocaine to keep him from talking in class. so he is now not medicated again and SHOCKINGLY his grades improved not medicated but he is still frowned upon by staff for being a talkativechild that's a crock of BS I will not sit back and allow my child to be treated this way and hate school. he use to love school but he cries not to go now and i can't allow him to miss alotof school due to truancy. i am a grown woman and will handle myself in a professional way but will be stern as well. but come Monday my presence will be known and I'm going to theboard as well.
Mother

Chesapeake, OH

#10 Apr 9, 2013
I would definitely take it to the board...I removed my daughter from there last year she is also ADHD and that school is horrible..the principal is the worst and could careless about the students it's pathetic!! Take it to BOB CALHOUN he will do something for sure!!!
SC Mom

United States

#11 Apr 14, 2013
I have had nothing but issues there for the past 5 years. The staff targets certain groups of children (lower income & mostly black). My son has been written up for the most ridiculous things, he is so unhappy & miserable being there. And the principal is the worst I've ever seen! A lot of her staff even admit she overreacts to certain situations & they don't agree with how she governs over the school. I know several teachers who have transferred to another school because of her. There's also some of the other staff that I feel need to develop a little more patience, if you don't like working with children then why are you there!? Not all children are the same, learn their personalities & take into consideration if the child has any disabilities or problems learning, maybe that child has a hard life at home. My point being they target any child that doesn't fit into their idea of a perfect mold & as we all know we don't live in a perfect world so learn to work with these kids that you the staff have labeled as "bad". Encourage them to do better, show them a better way to resolve issues, be a positive role model instead of the constant negativity. Shouldn't the ultimate goal be to set the foundation for a bright & successful future? Sometimes I feel like they run the school more like a juvenile detention center then a school.
Tired

Charleston, WV

#12 Apr 15, 2013
It is getting to be warmer now so watch out for her short skirts. My daughter wore a spaghetti strap shirt with a t-shirt under it and she jumped on her because "the spaghetti strap shirt is not allowed at all". I thought if something was under it, that it was okay? But she can let her @$$ hang out? WTF?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cayla rader (Jan '16) 1 hr babygurl 24
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr Big dong daddy 4,245
Kayley Cabell 5 hr Truth teller 98
How do you adress a tranny 11 hr Need a job bad 2
Bill and the cigar 14 hr your welcome 5
Anthony Cosby Sat Lexus 1
Do mexicans like taco bell Sep 21 Honestly 8

South Charleston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance