Major Traffic Jam At Busy Shopping Center

Feb 9, 2013 Full story: WCHS-TV Charleston 24

South Charleston , Kanawha County , West Virginia There were major backups and delays at the Shops at Trace Fork along Corridor G in South Charleston on Saturday.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tax paying citizen

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Feb 9, 2013
South Charleston Chief of Police Brad Rhinehart says the plaza management does not contract officers out to direct traffic this time of year Contract for Officers??? WTF??? Do these businesses not pay taxes, at least in part, to the city of South Charleston??? Tell the SCPD to get off their lazy a**es and get out there and direct traffic. What are the citizens of South Charleston paying them for anyway??? To ride around and pull people over for "swerving" when they cant find anything wrong to pull them over for??
Wilson

Charleston, WV

#2 Feb 9, 2013
tax paying citizen wrote:
South Charleston Chief of Police Brad Rhinehart says the plaza management does not contract officers out to direct traffic this time of year Contract for Officers??? WTF??? Do these businesses not pay taxes, at least in part, to the city of South Charleston??? Tell the SCPD to get off their lazy a**es and get out there and direct traffic. What are the citizens of South Charleston paying them for anyway??? To ride around and pull people over for "swerving" when they cant find anything wrong to pull them over for??
They have to contract the officers because it is private property!!
And if you don't like how the SCPD does their job, then stay the hell out if their town!!!
tax paying citizen

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Feb 9, 2013
Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you don't like how the SCPD does their job, then stay the hell out if their town!!!
Hey WILSON, well by GAWD they will come on private property and give you a ticket, so whats the difference BIG BOY, and besides that since when is Corrider G private property.
Sorry Wilson

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Feb 9, 2013
Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
Police Officers are suppose to keep the roads free and clear of congestion, I agree with tax paying citizen, Corrider G is not private property - its not like they can stand in front of Target and direct traffic on Corrider G. sheez
shacor

Charleston, WV

#5 Feb 9, 2013
The part where target and the shops are private property signs are posted stating so. The corridor is not private property.
Sorry Wilson

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Feb 9, 2013
shacor wrote:
The part where target and the shops are private property signs are posted stating so. The corridor is not private property.
And you are right Shacor, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to see if the traffic coming out of the shopping center (i.e.Corrider G) were directed by the SCPD, traffic going in the shopping center would flow much better, for every action the is an opposite and equal reaction. I MR WILSON needs to attend Traffic Cop School
Wilson

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 9, 2013
shacor wrote:
You are correct!
Anoidx10

Saint Albans, WV

#8 Feb 9, 2013
I was trapped in that mess for 3 hours. I wandered the stores and ate at the buffet, spending money I was not planning to spend, so it was "convenient" for the mall to have us all trapped there. No way in hell was this just heavy shopping for valentines day.
Sorry Wilson

Saint Albans, WV

#9 Feb 9, 2013
Anoidx10 wrote:
I was trapped in that mess for 3 hours. I wandered the stores and ate at the buffet, spending money I was not planning to spend, so it was "convenient" for the mall to have us all trapped there. No way in hell was this just heavy shopping for valentines day.
Well the fact of the matter is, SCPD needs to get their tails out on Corrider G and direct traffic. SCPD patrols and writes tickets on Corrider G so why shouldnt they direct traffic on the Corrider. The fact that the traffic backs up in front of the shops on Corrider G is just a by-product of what is actually happening on Corrider G. Mr Rhineharts excuse of "private property" is just a "cop out" hehehe. Judging by the size of some of the officers on the SCPD they need to get out there and direct traffic and get some much needed excercise.
shacor

Charleston, WV

#10 Feb 10, 2013
Sorry Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>Well the fact of the matter is, SCPD needs to get their tails out on Corrider G and direct traffic. SCPD patrols and writes tickets on Corrider G so why shouldnt they direct traffic on the Corrider. The fact that the traffic backs up in front of the shops on Corrider G is just a by-product of what is actually happening on Corrider G. Mr Rhineharts excuse of "private property" is just a "cop out" hehehe. Judging by the size of some of the officers on the SCPD they need to get out there and direct traffic and get some much needed excercise.
You are correct on this one!
????

Alexandria, VA

#11 Feb 10, 2013
What the hell was going on up there I was in all that shit to? Who was giving shit away for free ? It was worst than black Friday
too smiley

Charleston, WV

#12 Feb 10, 2013
Sorry Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>Well the fact of the matter is, SCPD needs to get their tails out on Corrider G and direct traffic. SCPD patrols and writes tickets on Corrider G so why shouldnt they direct traffic on the Corrider. The fact that the traffic backs up in front of the shops on Corrider G is just a by-product of what is actually happening on Corrider G. Mr Rhineharts excuse of "private property" is just a "cop out" hehehe. Judging by the size of some of the officers on the SCPD they need to get out there and direct traffic and get some much needed excercise.
You need to learn how to spell! It is Corridor G not Corrider G.
Youknow

Charleston, WV

#13 Feb 11, 2013
Yes they should have ignored all the other calls they were getting from 911 during the day and directed traffic with their 4 officers on duty.
Night shift DID shut down the corridor since they had extra officers on duty.

THANK YOU SCPD for doing what you can with what you have.
Crazy Man

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Feb 11, 2013
Youknow wrote:
Yes they should have ignored all the other calls they were getting from 911 during the day and directed traffic with their 4 officers on duty.
Night shift DID shut down the corridor since they had extra officers on duty.
THANK YOU SCPD for doing what you can with what you have.
Might as well have ignored all the 911 calls on Corridor G, emergency vehicles could not have gotten throught anyway, now that is the way to protect and serve
wow

Charleston, WV

#15 Feb 11, 2013
They need to put up lights, the officers directing traffic only make things worse.

Sad, that people can't handle a 4-way stop, and have to have someone holding their hand to make traffic patterns work the way they're supposed to.

Don't gun it behind the vehicle in front of you, don't wave someone through, out of turn, just wait your turn & f*cking go!!!

Morons behind the wheels of vehicles is what's wrong with traffic on Southridge. Period.
walmart sux anyway

Charleston, WV

#16 Feb 11, 2013
You see, lovely businesses like Walmart first get to use our taxpayer money to provide access and lights leading to their sh**ty stores....rather than say, build proper access and provide adequate traffic flow that should have been included in their OWN construction costs. Now Walmart expects the cops (our tax dollars) to pick up the tab because they put up these stores in a crappy way. Much like Walmart encouraging their workers to use Medicaid because they won't provide decent health insurance, they expect the city's municipalities to provide road access/control. Tax payers unite against sh**ty stores!
1 post removed
need dirty love

Charleston, WV

#18 Feb 11, 2013
it will all change once the first person dies in that traffic jam from a heart attack or because of a store fire
Car 54

Saint Albans, WV

#19 Feb 11, 2013
Call the police, Call the police - Oh sorry they are not accepting 911 calls on Corridor G
Insider

Charleston, WV

#20 Feb 11, 2013
All of you are blaming the wrong people! It's this stupid STATE'S fault! Every state in the Union provides the means for businesses to conduct business. In return, the states get the TAXES from those businesses. This state knew for years BEFORE the area was developed that there would be "issues" especially the Trace Fork side. What did they do? NOTHING! They have talked about another access for years, off Jefferson Rd, but so far, NOTHING! The state wants the taxes without having to support the businesses that make this happen. This is the SAME state that gives away billions to fly by night companies who take the money and then run! So put the blame where it belongs, the clowns who run this state.
Eureka

Elkview, WV

#21 Feb 11, 2013
Anoidx10 wrote:
Thats how the layouts are designed!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Conservative Ms Clinton 54 min Starla 7
Why is it that WV does not criminalize human tr... 1 hr Starla 4
any ladies trying to have fun 1 hr suckitho 5
kim ogier 1 hr baby 1
hot blonde autism teacher 5 hr Blk_mamba 1
seeing what the public thinks, would a head sho... 5 hr Soy Sauce 1
Briana Shirkey and jay hunter Mar 29 Old patient of his 1
More from around the web

South Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE