Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,719

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#80428 Jan 1, 2013
Well, I'm headed off to dream land. Wonder where everyone else was tonight, WKG? Resting up maybe?

I'll talk to you later. And thanks for that recipe! Can't wait to try it!

Have a blessed evening!!

_-_Nope_-_
Richard

London, KY

#80429 Jan 1, 2013
W KY Girl and Nope wrote:
another way to derail a thread from any meaningful discussion of relevant topics is to flood a thread with meaningless banter about such nonsense as cornbread recipes and cast iron skillets. This is a tactic used by dis/mis-information agents when truth is exposed and they cannot think of anything to say as a counter-argument.
This years flu shot liked to killed me. I took it over a month ago, ended up in the hospital days after taking it with abdominal pain. I never got a reasonable explanation as to what had caused the pain. Had a swollen liver, got tested for hep a,b and c- all came back neg. After 48 hours of IV fluids I felt better and was released.
Now guess what? I have the worse damn flu I've have had in years and years. Feel like I am dying.
Goodnight.

#80430 Jan 1, 2013
W KY Girl and Nope wrote:
another way to derail a thread from any meaningful discussion of relevant topics is to flood a thread with meaningless banter about such nonsense as cornbread recipes and cast iron skillets. This is a tactic used by dis/mis-information agents when truth is exposed and they cannot think of anything to say as a counter-argument.
And flatulence is a brain bending, earth changing topic of conversation?

These are open forums. You were vacant, yet NOW you pop in to berate us for our choice of conversation material? Where you perhaps loitering in the background, waiting to interject? If so, I lightly apologize for upsetting what you must consider a delicate yet absurd balance of topic matter in a thread that has veered off course for years already..

We can and will talk about anything we find of interest to speak about between each other. Just as you have to freedom to do the same.

Furthermore, politeness goes a long way toward maintaining ANY conversation. Might be something for you to think about.

I am rude to no one on here, and I could only hope for the same in return from 'other' parties who join in on the chatter in here..

#80431 Jan 1, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
This years flu shot liked to killed me. I took it over a month ago, ended up in the hospital days after taking it with abdominal pain. I never got a reasonable explanation as to what had caused the pain. Had a swollen liver, got tested for hep a,b and c- all came back neg. After 48 hours of IV fluids I felt better and was released.
Now guess what? I have the worse damn flu I've have had in years and years. Feel like I am dying.
Goodnight.
Get well soon, Richard. I'm sorry to hear that you were hospitalized and have been so ill.

I'm curious what may have caused your illness myself, as I recall those cases involving the tainted steroidal/cortisone injections a few months ago, one of which killed a local judge from Tennessee I believe? I had my flu shot and had no adverse reactions, nor have I been sick yet with any seasonal ailments.

I'll say a prayer for you as I lay down tonight.
Open

Richmond, KY

#80432 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And flatulence is a brain bending, earth changing topic of conversation?
These are open forums. You were vacant, yet NOW you pop in to berate us for our choice of conversation material? Where you perhaps loitering in the background, waiting to interject? If so, I lightly apologize for upsetting what you must consider a delicate yet absurd balance of topic matter in a thread that has veered off course for years already..
We can and will talk about anything we find of interest to speak about between each other. Just as you have to freedom to do the same.
Furthermore, politeness goes a long way toward maintaining ANY conversation. Might be something for you to think about.
I am rude to no one on here, and I could only hope for the same in return from 'other' parties who join in on the chatter in here..
Una talking about flatulence was just another tactic by mis/dis-information agents to discourage people from returning to this popular thread. When that didn't work, then you try to bore people to death with meaningless nonsense. Politeness is like political correctness, where controversial issues are avoided and everyone agrees for the sake of politeness, and frankly these conversations tend not to last too long. Debating controversial topics is much more likely to maintain an extended and meaningful conversation, and this is largely the reason why this thread has gone on for so long. When it gets boring here, I like to stir the pot by presenting controversial and relevant issues, and when I can get others to try to debate with me, that's when it gets really interesting and thought provoking. Tell me, what's so mentally stimulating about cornbread recipes and cast iron skillets?
A Rich Dr

Richmond, KY

#80433 Jan 1, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodnight.
We talked about the dangers of vaccines at length on this thread about a year ago...bottom line, don't do it.

Since: Dec 12

Oak Park, IL

#80434 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
WOW, now that's some exotic cornbread!! I have everything here to try out a batch, too. I'm sure I'll like it because I like all the ingredients in it, hehe! Thanks!! I'll let ya know now it turns out after I make some for us.
I've read where you mentioned that cookbook before. Where did you get it?
I ask because also have a big cast iron stew pot, guess modern folk would call it a Dutch oven, with the lid. Those skillets and pots are priceless as far as I'm concerned. As long as you keep them seasoned and NEVER, EVER, let a drop of soap touch them, they'll last till the end of time...
Hi Nope. I was off searching for the name of a dang cooking show I watch. I
could not think of it but finally found it!- "A Taste of History" http://atasteofhistory.org/ It's a pretty neat show, comes on KET here. He cooks using cast iron over open fires....And you get a history lesson along with the cooking demonstrations. lol. Check it out sometime if you can.

I agree, I love cast iron. My mom use to want that non-stick stuff. I finally quit buying it because it doesn't last anytime until the coating starts coming off. Then there is aluminum. I have read that using it causes Alzheimers. No thanks! And my stainless, it would stick too much. So, I quit using all of those and got out the old cast iron and that's all I use. I found that cookbook in Lowe's. I'm not sure but I think I saw it in Gander Mountain also. They have a lot of cast iron there.

I love that cornbread! I have been aiming to make some but haven't lately. It's so moist! I bet you'll like it.:)
Gordon Johnson

Campbellsville, KY

#80435 Jan 1, 2013
i saw that

Oak Park, IL

#80436 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Well, I'm headed off to dream land. Wonder where everyone else was tonight, WKG? Resting up maybe?
I'll talk to you later. And thanks for that recipe! Can't wait to try it!
Have a blessed evening!!
_-_Nope_-_
Good night Nope!:)...you're welcome.

#80437 Jan 1, 2013
Open wrote:
<quoted text>
Una talking about flatulence was just another tactic by mis/dis-information agents to discourage people from returning to this popular thread. When that didn't work, then you try to bore people to death with meaningless nonsense. Politeness is like political correctness, where controversial issues are avoided and everyone agrees for the sake of politeness, and frankly these conversations tend not to last too long. Debating controversial topics is much more likely to maintain an extended and meaningful conversation, and this is largely the reason why this thread has gone on for so long. When it gets boring here, I like to stir the pot by presenting controversial and relevant issues, and when I can get others to try to debate with me, that's when it gets really interesting and thought provoking. Tell me, what's so mentally stimulating about cornbread recipes and cast iron skillets?
You're not going to succeed into baiting me as you have tried to with AW. I don't roll that way, darlin'. YOUR synopsis of boredom may not be that of other people in here.

To each their own.

So by all means, carry on and converse as you wish. "Stir that pot" to your hearts content. It's not my style to badger people. Never has been and I'm not going to start now..... I'm proficient at skipping over things that don't interest me, and I can also avoid conversations from those I consider to be intellectual bores.

Have a good evening.

#80438 Jan 1, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Nope. I was off searching for the name of a dang cooking show I watch. I
could not think of it but finally found it!- "A Taste of History" http://atasteofhistory.org/ It's a pretty neat show, comes on KET here. He cooks using cast iron over open fires....And you get a history lesson along with the cooking demonstrations. lol. Check it out sometime if you can.
I agree, I love cast iron. My mom use to want that non-stick stuff. I finally quit buying it because it doesn't last anytime until the coating starts coming off. Then there is aluminum. I have read that using it causes Alzheimers. No thanks! And my stainless, it would stick too much. So, I quit using all of those and got out the old cast iron and that's all I use. I found that cookbook in Lowe's. I'm not sure but I think I saw it in Gander Mountain also. They have a lot of cast iron there.
I love that cornbread! I have been aiming to make some but haven't lately. It's so moist! I bet you'll like it.:)
I stopped using anything except cast iron cookware when the Teflon warnings started to come out many years ago. Plus the fact that I always seem to have an exotic pet bird of some kind within my menagerie of critter kids. Any hazardous fumes can kill them very quickly.

I also noticed that eventually the non-stick "coatings" on that type of cookware will eventually end up IN your food when scratches get bad on the surface. I won't even microwave anything in plastic any more. Carcinogens are in about everything we own these days. Our homes are full of formaldehyde and other cancer causing elements. More than we may even be made privy to.

Oak Park, IL

#80439 Jan 1, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodnight.
Sorry you're feeling so crappy Richard. My boyfriend had what I think was the flu and is just now coming out of it. What symptoms are you having?
Open

Richmond, KY

#80440 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not going to succeed into baiting me as you have tried to with AW. I don't roll that way, darlin'. YOUR synopsis of boredom may not be that of other people in here.
To each their own.
So by all means, carry on and converse as you wish. "Stir that pot" to your hearts content. It's not my style to badger people. Never has been and I'm not going to start now..... I'm proficient at skipping over things that don't interest me, and I can also avoid conversations from those I consider to be intellectual bores.
Have a good evening.
Agreed, I will skip over your boring conversation from now on and will refrain from responding to your posts from here on, and I hope you can keep your promise to ignore mine as well.

Oak Park, IL

#80441 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped using anything except cast iron cookware when the Teflon warnings started to come out many years ago. Plus the fact that I always seem to have an exotic pet bird of some kind within my menagerie of critter kids. Any hazardous fumes can kill them very quickly.
I also noticed that eventually the non-stick "coatings" on that type of cookware will eventually end up IN your food when scratches get bad on the surface. I won't even microwave anything in plastic any more. Carcinogens are in about everything we own these days. Our homes are full of formaldehyde and other cancer causing elements. More than we may even be made privy to.
I agree about the plastic too! It wouldn't hurt my feelings if my microwave kicked the bucket. About all I use it for is warming a few things. All this stuff we cook in, what food is stored in and the food itself is what's wrong with a lot of us!

#80442 Jan 1, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you're feeling so crappy Richard. My boyfriend had what I think was the flu and is just now coming out of it. What symptoms are you having?
Is he feeling better now? Didn't you say that he'd had his flu shot also?

Oak Park, IL

#80443 Jan 1, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he feeling better now? Didn't you say that he'd had his flu shot also?
Oh yeah, he is about well now. Yes he did have a flu shot. He was so sick for a few days, not eating anything and just stayed in bed. I think it was Christmas Eve when he started feeling real bad. By the next day he was in bed and that is unheard of in him.

Oak Park, IL

#80444 Jan 1, 2013
I hope I get a dang raise this year for my mis/dis-information work! Oh the life of a government operative - no respect I tell ya, no respect!!! lol

Wow, all in one week I have been a Topix moderator, a government agent and a lady I've never met. I am busy!:)

#80445 Jan 1, 2013
My brother in law had it really bad too. Although I can't say if he got his flu shot or not, but I'd say he did because the rest of the family did. A day later, my sister came down with it as well. She spent 18 hours in bed, unable to function. Very strange for her too.

But my brother inlaw NEVER gets sick like this one that hit him. My sister says that in the 23 years they've been together, she's known of him to vomit only three times. This one being the third. He was extremely ill and is still trying to get his strength back. It hit him the day after Christmas, and then it got her about a day later.

Odd too is the fact that so many people are talking about having these same symptoms, both on Topix AND FaceBook, yet I've seen nothing on the news about an outbreak of the size that this appears to be... I'm also getting emails from friends from out of state who've been really ill with it.

So where did this bug come from? Every one I know who's gone to the doctor has been told that NO, it's not the regular seasonal flu that these vaccines were manufactured for, but "another bug" that's going around... Made me wonder how these doctors could tell one from the other via a simple in-office exam with no blood work or other tests being run..

Was something really in those flu shots? And IF there was something in them, will we ever know??
I doubt we will..

#80446 Jan 1, 2013
West KY Girl wrote:
I hope I get a dang raise this year for my mis/dis-information work! Oh the life of a government operative - no respect I tell ya, no respect!!! lol
Wow, all in one week I have been a Topix moderator, a government agent and a lady I've never met. I am busy!:)
Lord, welcome to the club. I've been a Mod, a Nazi, a rat, a con, some lady in town who's an administrator at a local health care facility, and a professionally compensated liar, hehe. Wonder where all of these employers have been sending these payroll checks I seem to be missing.. I surely could use the spare change. Christmas put a bite in the old bank account, LOL!
Odd that no one accused me of being Santa Claus.
Maybe just an elf... Hmmmmm.

Oak Park, IL

#80447 Jan 1, 2013
Vitamin D and the Flu: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...
Vitamin D is really good for the immune system but, the government recommended dose (avg. 400 IU's/day) isn't nearly enough. I take 4,000 IU's per day and I have seen prescription Vitamin D at 5,000 IU's/day. It is VERY IMPORTANT for the elderly to keep their bones strong. That is very important if they are unsteady and have frequent falls. Also, during the winter months most of us are not outside long enough to get enough Vitamin D from the sun. That can lead to winter-time depression, especially in older people. Also, black people need a Vitamin D supplement because their dark skin does not synthesize Vitamin D from the sun as well as lighter skin does.
(Of course we should always talk to our doctor about these things and get regular blood work done.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 19 min o boy 131,856
Connie Easterling (Dec '13) 1 hr Big Mouth 10
Fire Survivor Applies for Marriage License (Apr '14) 1 hr troydean 28
horny wemen 2 hr lmao 3
hottie 2 hr try again 43
Robin Gilliland 2 hr Reality 12
Old Ponderosa 3 hr curious bowing green 17
More from around the web

South Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE