Do police officers, generally,

Do police officers, generally,

Created by Richmonder on Jul 28, 2008

59 votes

Click on an option to vote

do the right things?

do little for the public?

betty

Hillsboro, WV

#1 Jul 29, 2008
Richmonder-why is it that by looking at this poll and the resposes to it, a few names come to mind to make up the 7%?
Richmonder

Sandston, VA

#2 Jul 29, 2008
Because there are people on here who are idiots. I think we are thinking of the same people, but to clarify it, they are the people who are calling this cop a murderer. They hide behind the cloak of anonymity and are willing to say things that they wouldn't have the jutzpa to say to my face, yours, or any cop on the street.
betty

United States

#3 Jul 29, 2008
Those would be the same ones!!!
shadow

Kernersville, NC

#4 Jul 29, 2008
Richmonder
United States are willing to say things that they wouldn't have the jutzpa to say to my face, yours, or any cop on the street. how much you want to bet on that ! i can and will back that up !
Richmonder

Sandston, VA

#5 Jul 30, 2008
shadow wrote:
Richmonder
United States are willing to say things that they wouldn't have the jutzpa to say to my face, yours, or any cop on the street. how much you want to bet on that ! i can and will back that up !
Go ahead then, Shadow. You're a child. We all know that. What are you gonna do? Throw your Barbie Doll at me?
shadow

Kernersville, NC

#6 Jul 30, 2008
Richmonder
United States hahahahahahahahah
Linda

Harrisonburg, VA

#7 Jul 31, 2008
Richmonder wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead then, Shadow. You're a child. We all know that. What are you gonna do? Throw your Barbie Doll at me?
Maybe one day you will hurt as these people hurt and no one will have feelings for you.Maybe one day like these people will have some one you love taken away from you by the policeand you will feel like them and that will make fun of you as you have them because after all the cops make no mistakes in your eyes.
Linda

Harrisonburg, VA

#8 Jul 31, 2008
Richmonder wrote:
Because there are people on here who are idiots. I think we are thinking of the same people, but to clarify it, they are the people who are calling this cop a murderer. They hide behind the cloak of anonymity and are willing to say things that they wouldn't have the jutzpa to say to my face, yours, or any cop on the street.
Like you we are idiots because don't believe your way or well let me stand up and get my ribbon.Who's hiding we are doing the same thing you and Betty is doing. sitting behind a pc telling how we feel.We like you on the other hand think you are a idiot.
Richmonder

Sandston, VA

#9 Jul 31, 2008
I don't think my comments were directed at you, Linda. Further, if I remember correctly, you made some type of comments about the "blinders" coming off... Any recollection of that post? Go back and look for it.

I have not patience with Taxpayer OR Shadow. Shadow has gone as far as to threaten people on here and that is over the top. I'm done with the kid. If you don't like it, Linda, then scroll on down the page and ignore my posts.
Bob

Harrisonburg, VA

#10 Jul 31, 2008
Richmonder wrote:
I don't think my comments were directed at you, Linda. Further, if I remember correctly, you made some type of comments about the "blinders" coming off... Any recollection of that post? Go back and look for it.
I have not patience with Taxpayer OR Shadow. Shadow has gone as far as to threaten people on here and that is over the top. I'm done with the kid. If you don't like it, Linda, then scroll on down the page and ignore my posts.
Since when did this page become yours and you have the right to tell me what to do.Today must be your big pants day.If you believe Shadow to be a child then why does what she says get to you so bad.And by the way you to have said some right hateful things too,and you say this is a child!
Richmonder

Sandston, VA

#11 Aug 1, 2008
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Since when did this page become yours and you have the right to tell me what to do.Today must be your big pants day.If you believe Shadow to be a child then why does what she says get to you so bad.And by the way you to have said some right hateful things too,and you say this is a child!
It's called an offer, Bob. It's not a directive. A directive is when you tell someone what to do. An offer is more comparable to a suggestion. If you want to pick a fight then that's fine - go right ahead. I think you truly know the context in which my comments were made.

Again - SHOW ME the comments I made which were hateful that WERE NOT in response to something Shadow offered up.

Did you find the threatening posts????? Irrespective of whether this is a child, you don't go around threatening to shoot people.

Again, Bob, the OFFER is still on the table to anyone who doesn't like my posts - scroll on by and don't bother reading.

And no, Mondays are my "big pants" day.
shadow

Browns Summit, NC

#12 Aug 1, 2008
hey everybody ! no hard feelings here i said what i said and done what i had to do to protect neal its over now! so lets not fight!
Bob

Harrisonburg, VA

#13 Aug 1, 2008
shadow wrote:
hey everybody ! no hard feelings here i said what i said and done what i had to do to protect neal its over now! so lets not fight!
Nice take care and God Bless
Richmonder

Sandston, VA

#14 Aug 1, 2008
shadow wrote:
hey everybody ! no hard feelings here i said what i said and done what i had to do to protect neal its over now! so lets not fight!
Back at ya, Princess....
Bob

Harrisonburg, VA

#15 Aug 14, 2008
Friday at 2
Bob

Harrisonburg, VA

#16 Aug 16, 2008
I for one can't see it the police way.This guy never had a chance once they knew he was rolling one.The shooter ran in front of a moving car and shot the guy almost like they do in the movies.The bikers were well out of harms way.Yes the law has time to get their stories straight and thats just what they did,sorry thats how I see it.It didn't have so much time to get out of hand.Just plain out stop the car.The law has it own protection plan,we protect our own and its clear they did on this one.Wrong to shot this guy,yes,yes,yes.You see what you want to and I see what I want to and thats it.Their story fits the picture say it looks their way but then look at the picture with open eyes.These cops made this happen and then justified it. The bikers were way away from the car by the time these last two came from the store.No one was in danger when he shot,by the way the one that took the cal did the shooting so he knew what it was all about.To me Lewis is a murderer.Say what you want but thats what I see.The outcome doesn't fit the crime.Why the dude ran can't justify killing him thats just what the police tell people to make you turn your heads the other way,bad dude they had to kill.Most on here are blinded by the police,maybe because they are close to the ones that did this,or think police are so special.There's more cops that get away with breaking the law than we care to see.From speeding,drug use,having sex,stealing,watching each others backs while they commit crimes.Look at the news everyday and tell me the law is so upstanding.Bull cramp.If you want to stand up and close your eyes to what we call the law is doing to our family and friends in the name of the law,fine I'm not.I did have a friend that was a cop in the co. and said he got off the force because they covered their mistakes if they could and there were people that were sat up by the police in many cases, and that was years ago and things has only gotten worse not better.This was one case it could have been handled different.
Mr Anonymous

South Boston, VA

#17 Aug 16, 2008
Bob wrote:
I for one can't see it the police way.This guy never had a chance once they knew he was rolling one.
Was that when the car went into reverse by itself?
Monk

Cullen, VA

#18 Aug 16, 2008
Bob, wow. Just wow. You really hate the fuzz, don't you? You hate them so much that you are overlooking the fact that this kid had broken several laws, was wanted for shoplifting, and was stuffing a blunt right out in a parking lot-right in plain sight for any one to see. Police corruption doesn't come into play here.

This particular officer has an impeccable reputation and has been in the HCSO for a decade. I do not know him personally, but his reputation is that of a straight shooter (no pun) and a no BS kinda guy. I have had dealings with Mocarsky, and he is a "by the book" sort and very professional. I have no knowledge of the other two officers, but I can vouch for our Commonwealth's Attorney. She would not cover anyone's ass. She answers to the voters and taxpayers, not the sheriff, the deputies, the state troopers or the drug task force. Had she seen any impropriety on the part of the officers, I have no doubt that she would have stated so in her report.

I do not know if you are familiar with Riverdale, but it is a crossroads of two highways; 501 and 58. That corner where Sheetz is sees a great deal of traffic and business. I am amazed that the parking lot was not more full than it was that evening. I guess that is a blessing. The officer quickly assessed the situation, weighed the possible outcomes and risks, then did what he had to do to insure public safety, which by the way is his job.
Bob

Harrisonburg, VA

#19 Aug 18, 2008
Monk wrote:
Bob, wow. Just wow. You really hate the fuzz, don't you? You hate them so much that you are overlooking the fact that this kid had broken several laws, was wanted for shoplifting, and was stuffing a blunt right out in a parking lot-right in plain sight for any one to see. Police corruption doesn't come into play here.
This particular officer has an impeccable reputation and has been in the HCSO for a decade. I do not know him personally, but his reputation is that of a straight shooter (no pun) and a no BS kinda guy. I have had dealings with Mocarsky, and he is a "by the book" sort and very professional. I have no knowledge of the other two officers, but I can vouch for our Commonwealth's Attorney. She would not cover anyone's ass. She answers to the voters and taxpayers, not the sheriff, the deputies, the state troopers or the drug task force. Had she seen any impropriety on the part of the officers, I have no doubt that she would have stated so in her report.
I do not know if you are familiar with Riverdale, but it is a crossroads of two highways; 501 and 58. That corner where Sheetz is sees a great deal of traffic and business. I am amazed that the parking lot was not more full than it was that evening. I guess that is a blessing. The officer quickly assessed the situation, weighed the possible outcomes and risks, then did what he had to do to insure public safety, which by the way is his job.
Why has no one said they saw drugs?Having or cleaning out a blunt is no crime.If your friend the cop is so much by the book,why did he not say he was a cop and again why didn't he have his badge in sight.By the way let's not forget after his talk with Neal, and Neal was leaving officer Mocarsky walked over and got in the suv and shut his door.Wonder why.Maybe because he was finished with Neal until Mr Rambo got out and started chasing the car,with his gun in hand as he left the suv.Never saw him reaching around his neck for his badge like they said he was.Dog,I forgot ,that makes what the cops did sound good.Things were happening so fast in that parking lot,first thing on their minds with their guns in hand was pull their badges out since that's what by the book officer Mocarsky had done.I forgot to follow the story line was this before or after officers ran out of the store, over to the car going forward at this time,jumped on the hood,shot the guy,and rolled off the car?By the way this was their reason for shooting the guy in the first,because he had clipped two officers and the other officer was protecting the two,now they have to beef it up because the video does'nt show the car backing into the officers at all.The police and the DA work hand in hand.Give the people a break,you think we are stupid or something?He sure was quick,ran right up and jumped on that hood and shot and killed a man.Yep,you could see him look at what was happening while running as hard as he could for that car.
Monk

Cullen, VA

#20 Aug 19, 2008
Bob! Obviously you weren't watching the same video as the rest of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Boston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rory Owen (Jun '13) Nov 22 Kismet 8
Heritage House Racism Oct '16 interested 1
News Police justified in deadly South Boston shooting (Aug '08) Aug '16 Richmonder 36
Have you seen him?? Jul '16 NeedhelpChristian... 1
Review: Wendy's (Feb '15) Jun '16 Honest Lawenforce... 3
New Classifieds with South Boston Sub-Area Jun '16 Anonymous 1
Emergency (May '16) May '16 help 1

South Boston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Boston Mortgages