Ex-Halifax sheriff indicted on comput...

Ex-Halifax sheriff indicted on computer charge

There are 8 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 26, 2008, titled Ex-Halifax sheriff indicted on computer charge. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A former sheriff in Southside Virginia has been indicted on a charge of computer trespassing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NEWPORT NEWS-THUG CITY

Norfolk, VA

#1 Nov 26, 2008
Now this is big news
White Trailer Trash

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Nov 26, 2008
My wife got canned from a telemarketer once so she went around and stole everybody's mouse ball.
Monk

Cullen, VA

#3 Nov 29, 2008
Mouse balls?

PETA frowns on that sort of thing, ya know.
Yo its me

United States

#4 Dec 24, 2008
computer trespassing? what the heck is that?

Was there a no trespassing sign on the computer that was ignored?
In The Know

Rice, VA

#5 Mar 1, 2009
The dish is that the computers were all wiped clean i.e "reformated" and I "assume" that would mean that the former Sheriff & staff were attempting to cover something up. Makes one think!
Richmonder

Ventura, CA

#6 Mar 11, 2009
In The Know wrote:
The dish is that the computers were all wiped clean i.e "reformated" and I "assume" that would mean that the former Sheriff & staff were attempting to cover something up. Makes one think!
No, it doesn't. "The dish" doesn't mean squat as it likely is a rumor being passed around a sewing circle or barber shop. Even if this were true, why assume that he/they were covering anything up. Quite often, people will have a PC that is clogged with old files, etc. They download useful files to a remote location and then reformat the PC in order to improve efficiency. Try settling rumors with truth, not spread them.
Marcus Vick

United States

#7 Mar 11, 2009
Poor little mice that must have been painful.
White Trailer Trash wrote:
My wife got canned from a telemarketer once so she went around and stole everybody's mouse ball.
Willys Wonka

United States

#8 Mar 11, 2009
Do you know what happens when you assume you make an (ASS U ME) but you knew that right.
In The Know wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Boston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Foster's Feb '17 Dumb 2
Have you seen him?? (Jul '16) Feb '17 Jenn 2
News Police justified in deadly South Boston shooting (Aug '08) Dec '16 guest 37
Rory Owen (Jun '13) Dec '16 Abadonbraxus 9
Heritage House Racism (Oct '16) Oct '16 interested 1
Review: Wendy's (Feb '15) Jun '16 Honest Lawenforce... 3
New Classifieds with South Boston Sub-Area (Jun '16) Jun '16 Anonymous 1

South Boston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Boston Mortgages