Halifax man charged with felony hit & run

Jun 2, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WDBJ7

June 2, 2007 Halifax man charged with felony hit & run Authorities in Halifax County have arrested a man for a hit and run that left a nine-year-old dead. via WDBJ7

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Aug 16, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chris

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

Marcus is my step-brother....knowing him personally I know Marcus as a strong young man. A young man who has goals and aspirations for himself and would do for others before he would himself. Marcus was just at the wrong place at the wrong time and I believe he just scared and didnt know what to do. My prays go out to the victims family and also to the Colemans. Keep your head up Marcus
Concerned Citien

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

Most people who hit a dog on the side of the road stop and tell someone...it takes a cold heart to wait for the police to come and get you knowing you took a human life...God will make sure he gets all the punishment he deserves!
Chris wrote:
Marcus is my step-brother....knowing him personally I know Marcus as a strong young man. A young man who has goals and aspirations for himself and would do for others before he would himself. Marcus was just at the wrong place at the wrong time and I believe he just scared and didnt know what to do. My prays go out to the victims family and also to the Colemans. Keep your head up Marcus
Chris

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

Well neither one of us was there..so who really knows what happened...and if he left the scene there is no telling that he knew that he took a human life...besides the fact yes God will give him punishment...but in the mean time theres no telling what anyone would do in that situation....we all know that reporting the accident would have been the right thing...but we can only say that...but until being put in that position who knows what anyone would do
Concerned Citizen

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

A kid who had his whole life ahead of him is gone. The parents are better people than i am because i would not rest til this guy is put behind bars for life. The world needs to wake up. We accept too much in this society..There is right and wrong and we need to hold people accountable for their actions and stop taking pity on the bad guys.
Chris wrote:
Well neither one of us was there..so who really knows what happened...and if he left the scene there is no telling that he knew that he took a human life...besides the fact yes God will give him punishment...but in the mean time theres no telling what anyone would do in that situation....we all know that reporting the accident would have been the right thing...but we can only say that...but until being put in that position who knows what anyone would do
Chris

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

Both people invovled still had their whole life ahead of them...and its obvious that the parents are better people than you. I say this because they can understand how it is to be in his shoes...there not stuck in certain ways. Not saying that they accepted what happened but at this sad time they have a heart. So in that case i would say they have woken up. To me that means getting all the facts...and knowing a person before judging them by their actions....because everyone in jail isnt a "bad guy".
Concerned Citizen wrote:
A kid who had his whole life ahead of him is gone. The parents are better people than i am because i would not rest til this guy is put behind bars for life. The world needs to wake up. We accept too much in this society..There is right and wrong and we need to hold people accountable for their actions and stop taking pity on the bad guys.<quoted text>
Concerned Citizen

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

OH please...this will wake up soon enough, realizing what he has done...and don't be sure the parents won't think this over and become really angry..you are in make believe land if you think this is a movie ending.with hugs and kisses......
Chris wrote:
Both people invovled still had their whole life ahead of them...and its obvious that the parents are better people than you. I say this because they can understand how it is to be in his shoes...there not stuck in certain ways. Not saying that they accepted what happened but at this sad time they have a heart. So in that case i would say they have woken up. To me that means getting all the facts...and knowing a person before judging them by their actions....because everyone in jail isnt a "bad guy".
<quoted text>
Becky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

First off how could anybody hurt a child? And if you could how could you just let them lay there like they are nothing? I am the mother of 4,if just 1 were to be taken from me I would die. How can this person get up every morning an look at himself in the mirror, an say "I didn't mean it"? Only one great person has the right too take a life, maybe someone should tell him, it's not him. I hope he lives along life an is very miserable everyday of it.
billy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2007

We all make mistakes in life no matter who you are. There is none perfect but one and his name is Jesus Christ. Who know what skeletons are in your closet. Only the good lord can judge this young man. Because we are not fit to no matter who you are.Thank for your comments chris who know what our future hold.
billy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2007

Concerned Citizen wrote:
A kid who had his whole life ahead of him is gone. The parents are better people than i am because i would not rest til this guy is put behind bars for life. The world needs to wake up. We accept too much in this society..There is right and wrong and we need to hold people accountable for their actions and stop taking pity on the bad guys.<quoted text>
Have you been punish for all the wrongs you did in your life let hope you are never put in a situation or your family were you want someone to feel pity for you or them.
billy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2007

Becky wrote:
First off how could anybody hurt a child? And if you could how could you just let them lay there like they are nothing? I am the mother of 4,if just 1 were to be taken from me I would die. How can this person get up every morning an look at himself in the mirror, an say "I didn't mean it"? Only one great person has the right too take a life, maybe someone should tell him, it's not him. I hope he lives along life an is very miserable everyday of it.
I pray that none of your children every never get in trouble because what you wish on other may come right back to you just remember that
concerned citizen

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2007

Billy,,,you need a reality check...this guy hits the kid, knows and does nothing..if there hadn't been a witness..he'd still be foot loose and fancy free...I hope he never sees the light of day!!and i hope you wise up!!
billy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

concerned citizen wrote:
Billy,,,you need a reality check...this guy hits the kid, knows and does nothing..if there hadn't been a witness..he'd still be foot loose and fancy free...I hope he never sees the light of day!!and i hope you wise up!!
one thing for sure I can't read minds so I don't know if this young man would have turn his self in or not.Only the lord knows!!! So don't assume something unless you know for sure that he would or wouldn't have turn him self in I'm sure that that this young man will be punish for the wrong he done. So you need to wise up and remember that there is a higher power than you and I What ever God will for this young man is it will be done. Not by you nor me. But we all have opinion about this situation. But I will leave it up to the Good Lord to determine his judgement, because I'm not worthy of this task and neither or you because I quote we are were born in sin and shape in inguity. Christ die for me and you because of our sins so just rememeber that. If it was not for him you or I would not be here today.Quote there were many cases in the bible were men killed people and the lord forgave them and they turn out to be great people.So let just pray for this young man.
concerned citizen

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Billy you are quite the holy roller..if i want a preacher i will go to church..and oh yeah, learn to use correct grammar if you are going to give a sermon. However your are correct, this child killer will most definitely burn in hell as he should.
billy wrote:
<quoted text>one thing for sure I can't read minds so I don't know if this young man would have turn his self in or not.Only the lord knows!!! So don't assume something unless you know for sure that he would or wouldn't have turn him self in I'm sure that that this young man will be punish for the wrong he done. So you need to wise up and remember that there is a higher power than you and I What ever God will for this young man is it will be done. Not by you nor me. But we all have opinion about this situation. But I will leave it up to the Good Lord to determine his judgement, because I'm not worthy of this task and neither or you because I quote we are were born in sin and shape in inguity. Christ die for me and you because of our sins so just rememeber that. If it was not for him you or I would not be here today.Quote there were many cases in the bible were men killed people and the lord forgave them and they turn out to be great people.So let just pray for this young man.
Chris

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2007

Maybe you should go to church....cause everyone could use a lil preaching nowadays....but im pretty sure you probably done something wrong in your days and got away with it....so i know u have some dirt in your closet....so maybe you should take your advice and burn as well
concerned citizen wrote:
Billy you are quite the holy roller..if i want a preacher i will go to church..and oh yeah, learn to use correct grammar if you are going to give a sermon. However your are correct, this child killer will most definitely burn in hell as he should. <quoted text>
Concerned Citizen

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2007

Yet again, i say, learn how to speak correctly...do you have an education or are you just killing time on this earth???
Chris wrote:
Maybe you should go to church....cause everyone could use a lil preaching nowadays....but im pretty sure you probably done something wrong in your days and got away with it....so i know u have some dirt in your closet....so maybe you should take your advice and burn as well
<quoted text>
Mike

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2007

So who made you almighty?....good thing you are where you are...dont worry about if he's killing time or not you stay on your p's and q's and he will make sure to do tha same...its funny how someone can act tough over the computer...thinking there some kind of genius...your probably as dumb as the come
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Yet again, i say, learn how to speak correctly...do you have an education or are you just killing time on this earth???<quoted text>
concerned citizen

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

i am tough as they come..pc or face to face. Just go back to your "do nothing" all day job and let me worry about the important things.
Mike wrote:
So who made you almighty?....good thing you are where you are...dont worry about if he's killing time or not you stay on your p's and q's and he will make sure to do tha same...its funny how someone can act tough over the computer...thinking there some kind of genius...your probably as dumb as the come
<quoted text>
Lizzy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2007

Well, I feel as though we all make mistakes in life. I thoroughly agree with Billy, and Chris in saying that there is no one person on this earth who can actually say they have not done anything that they wish they could take back. And as for the man who is adamant in saying that this young man should "burn in hell", you need not speak too fast about anything concerning where God chooses to put any person, because any person who thinks as you think, or feels as you feel cannot be too educated on what the bible says about forgiveness. If you feel this hate in your heart then thats exactly what you are...a vessel of hate. And in case you didnt know sin is exactly what it is...SIN. There is no greater or lesser form. So if you feel this young man should burn in hell for what he has non intentionally done, then SIR let me be the first to tell you, dont be surprised if you look to your right one day and your sitting right next to him, because you are no better. And as far as disrespecting these people about their grammar, if I remember correctly, we learned in grade 2 that when "i" stands alone it is always capitalized. Thank You.
Lizzy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2007

And to "Becky" if one of your children were put in this sad predicament, you without a doubt would want someone to have compassion on them. Seriously, you all act as though this young guy drove past the house, saw the child, sped up, and rolled over him. I honestly don't know how you all can even mention God in your comments, and right behind it say that Marcus should live a miserable life or burn in hell or whatever else you all have said. Im so glad God is not like you all or we wouldn't have a chance in this world.
Concerned Citizen

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2007

Lizzy..mind your business missy. Go bake some cakes or clean some toilets. I hope you lose someone close to you in this way. I bet your tune changes. Now, keep your sermons to yourself and don't worry about where me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent South Boston Discussions

Search the South Boston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Lorenzo Craighead Jul 2 LocknLoad 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
William BJ Snyder... May '14 lmccar10 1
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
does Apr '14 numnutz 1
New Halifax County Arrests Mar '14 Recently Busted 1
•••
•••
•••
South Boston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

South Boston Jobs