Frills Restaurant/Ogunquit

Frills Restaurant/Ogunquit

Posted in the South Berwick Forum

Chris

Worcester, MA

#1 Sep 8, 2010
Worst experience my family and I have ever had.
The abusive bully of a bartender was rude and abrasive. My husband and I wanted to complain when we found out "Jodi" was part owner.
The odd-tasting chowder was inedible, although not taken off the bill. My 11 year old complained all night that he couldn't get the taste out of his mouth. You might not mind so much if you weren't sitting in the middle of a gravel driveway staring at the incompetent Helga.

I don't wish many people failure in life but, this owner's non-people skills will eventually be her demise...maybe then I will get satisfaction.
For now, stay away from Frills Restaurant if you want to enjoy you're beautiful stay in Ogunquit.
southofboston

Stoughton, MA

#2 Sep 11, 2013
I'm writing because I've frequented Frills about a half dozen times in the past three years and believe the above experience is an anomaly and unfairly depicts the establishment. We visit the area at least once a year and we snubbed this place when it first opened, so possibly they were experiencing growing pains no doubt as I've met the owner and she has always been friendly, helpful and professional. We sit at the outdoor bar typically to take in a ball game while grabbing a few appetizers and drinks. Both are reasonably priced and though we enjoy the dishes, we find their quality is somewhat inconsistent. Fried claims and jerk chicken apps are our two favorites and because of this, we rarely eat much else. They range from good to exceptional. Not sure what causes the deviation, but they are always worth the trip and where else can you catch a game, local friendly chat and reasonably priced food and drink, out doors in the fresh air!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Berwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey, check out our book about York County Proba... (Oct '13) 5 hr One who knows the... 3
News Homeless: Mother, 4 children living in truck (Dec '14) Jun '15 Tired of paying 2
Oakwood traffic Jun '15 Gilbert 1
Weed, weed and..oh! more weed! (help) May '15 Leprechaun 1
News Some mighty tasty burgers at Willy's May '15 Brainiac of Beaco... 4
Gas Station Closes AGAIN (Jan '14) Jan '15 Willow 3
News New England's tallest lighthouse sells for $78,000 (Sep '14) Jan '15 veryHard 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Berwick Mortgages