Tom Hannan

Piscataway, NJ

#62 Dec 29, 2009
I enjoyed the trip down memory lane--and I just tonight found a site about Beacon Beach in Point Pleasant. There is One more bar that was a lot of fun--and real close to MY house--THE HOFFMAN HOUSE on Ocean Ave in Point Beach. How about THE RIP TIDE on the Point Boardwalk?? That wasn't much fun--Frank's Riptide was a tough place--rough people. I never could understand the fighting at a bar scenario. Does anyone recall Jerry Lynch's in Belmar--maybe it was already mentioned but I didn't see it. Happy New Year to everyone.

Since: May 07

Stockbridge Mass

#63 Dec 30, 2009
Tom Hannan wrote:
I enjoyed the trip down memory lane--and I just tonight found a site about Beacon Beach in Point Pleasant. There is One more bar that was a lot of fun--and real close to MY house--THE HOFFMAN HOUSE on Ocean Ave in Point Beach. How about THE RIP TIDE on the Point Boardwalk?? That wasn't much fun--Frank's Riptide was a tough place--rough people. I never could understand the fighting at a bar scenario. Does anyone recall Jerry Lynch's in Belmar--maybe it was already mentioned but I didn't see it. Happy New Year to everyone.
Lynch's ..in Belmar,nope.Belmar back in those days had D'jays(still there)Gepps ,Club A...and a Hotel bar up on Ocean Ave.
In Brielle just on the otherside of the bridge was the Shipp's Wheel,the Ospray in Mannasquan,Art Stocks Royal Manor back on hwy #35 in Wall,coldest beer in town was Kelly's right on the curve(hwy#35) in Neptune
Hunter Hamptons guy

Northport, NY

#64 May 18, 2010
dinx0921 wrote:
It think the next line was:
Send the bartenders home
send the girlies on home
send them all but leave me one,two,three I don't wanna go I don't wanna go home were all havin to much fun--Bullshit
J_DaMoochie

New York, NY

#65 Jun 15, 2010
I have a grainy black & white 60 minute first set DVD of the LynchBoys from easter Sunday 1979 at the Sea Girt
jdamoochie

New York, NY

#66 Jul 15, 2010
Giantone wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynch's ..in Belmar,nope.Belmar back in those days had D'jays(still there)Gepps ,Club A...and a Hotel bar up on Ocean Ave.
In Brielle just on the otherside of the bridge was the Shipp's Wheel,the Ospray in Mannasquan,Art Stocks Royal Manor back on hwy #35 in Wall,coldest beer in town was Kelly's right on the curve(hwy#35) in Neptune
Jerry Lynch's 4th ave Belmar. TakaWak trio, Boston Burglers etc
Sunday afternoon downstairs at the ZOO was a Mad House. Basketball court outside was also jumpin

Since: May 07

Stockbridge Mass

#67 Jul 16, 2010
jdamoochie wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerry Lynch's 4th ave Belmar. TakaWak trio, Boston Burglers etc
Sunday afternoon downstairs at the ZOO was a Mad House. Basketball court outside was also jumpin
Ok, I remember now but what threw me was that it's on the other side of the tracks making it either Wall or SpringLake Heights.
TOMM

Greenwood, NE

#68 Aug 4, 2010
Wow, I'm glad I found this blog, great memories from the summer of 76 and 77. Jimmy Burns was the best. I stayed in a shack(cottage) stumbling distance away on 71, next to the donut shop. I live in Vegas now, visiting my Mom in P'burg this week. Hot July night so I google Jimmy Burns. Lynch Boys Sunday nites. I will never forget that place.

Them Lynch Boys played some good Marshal Tucker...
What a break from Disco...
elaine engelstein

New York, NY

#69 Aug 5, 2010
J_DaMoochie wrote:
I have a grainy black & white 60 minute first set DVD of the LynchBoys from easter Sunday 1979 at the Sea Girt
Any way I could get a copy of it?
topsy

Trenton, NJ

#70 Aug 5, 2010
Yhere was a kid named hermie a few posts back selling cds,I was going to buy one but I didnt follow through
jdamoochie

New York, NY

#71 Aug 11, 2010
Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lynch Boys were a huge part of my life. Spent every weekend listening to them with my friend, Elaine, at the Sea Girt Inn. In fact, Finn Tracy, the bartender at the stage, used to save two barstools for us each night. We were friends with the Boys and used to see them at other venues, at a bar in Bergenfield and at the Bayonne street fair each year. I knew about Richie's passing but I'm glad for the update on Jimmy and Johnny. It's too bad there's not a good recording of them around. One of our favorites was "Thank You For Being a Friend." As I said, they were a huge part of my life, but the most important day was when they played at my wedding on April 17, 1988 at Martells in Pt. Pleasant. Long live the great memories of The Lynch Boys!
Check it out-
Deb

Hartford City, IN

#74 Sep 5, 2010
Does anyone remember a Jerry Lynch's entertainer, Sundy? She played amplified acoustic guitar and had a drummer. Did songs like Sweet Caroline and some Irish songs, really got the crowd going. Was hot in the 1970's.
Deb

Hartford City, IN

#75 Sep 5, 2010
Do YOU remember Sundy?
topsy

Trenton, NJ

#76 Sep 5, 2010
Yeah I remember her,what ever happened to her?
TomK

AOL

#77 Sep 9, 2010
topsy wrote:
Yeah I remember her,what ever happened to her?
Sounds like "Sundy" that I remember from Dudley's in East Orange or Orange - the converted church. Owner/bouncer was Big Al. They had rock music upstairs and folk/Irish downstairs.
Carol Sundrahoff was her name I believe.
What DID happen to her - anyone know?
"Red Roses For A Blue Lady" :-)
SimplySusan

Brooklyn, NY

#78 Sep 14, 2010
The Lynch Boys were 3 to begin with, Jimmy, Richie and Paul Ryan. John came much later
SimplySusan

Brooklyn, NY

#79 Sep 14, 2010
Another band was Pick & Styx, Danny (O'Conner I think) and I don't know the other guy.
PML

Mountain Lakes, NJ

#80 Sep 17, 2010
TomK wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like "Sundy" that I remember from Dudley's in East Orange or Orange - the converted church. Owner/bouncer was Big Al. They had rock music upstairs and folk/Irish downstairs.
Carol Sundrahoff was her name I believe.
What DID happen to her - anyone know?
"Red Roses For A Blue Lady" :-)
Unfortunatley, Sundy fell into ill health and passed away many years ago. She was a great lady...
yes

Middlebury, VT

#81 Sep 28, 2010
jackiericci wrote:
Does anyone remember the sea girt inn? What is the name of it now?
yes
Tom Hannan

Piscataway, NJ

#82 Sep 29, 2010
It is an empty lot--may be owned but the town
Tom Hannan

Piscataway, NJ

#83 Sep 29, 2010
Sorry about the ending of my posting---I was going to add that there appears to be some municipal operations on the property--where the parking lot used to be. Jimmy still plays locally--looks great and sounds great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Belmar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to contact someone from the Neptune News Dec '16 dawnd01 1
News Gay organization fighting eviction from Shore a... Sep '16 L Craig s Hush Pu... 3
News Motorcyclist hurt after his bike stalls in midd... Sep '16 jmrsch123 1
Review: Natalie Pavone Esg Attorney (May '11) Jul '16 Yougui 3
News Shore town's police department disbands; here's... (May '16) May '16 Julie McGeehan 1
News Beyond The Bathroom: Transgender Policies Under... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Lefty 5
Photo of " Old Mill Inn & Friends" Watercolor (Feb '16) Feb '16 Mike Kelly 1

South Belmar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Belmar Mortgages