Ex-DCF worker accused of falsifying report

Apr 21, 2008 Full story: Palm Beach Post 16

“This does appear to be an isolated incident”

Prosecutors charged a former child abuse investigator with falsifying records in an October case by saying he had interviewed a child when he had not, records show. via Palm Beach Post

Read more
Batman

Okeechobee, FL

#1 Apr 24, 2008
I can say that accountability is the issue here. DCF workers know the consequences of not interviewing children. DCF is an organization that is supposed to be out to HELP children and families in DIRE NEED! How is the agency supposed follow through with their mission statement if they have workers who lie and falsify documentation? I am glad that people are being held accountable. I also believe that the supervisor should be held accountable as well. The supervisor is responsible for the worker's actions and signs off on all documentation and is supposed to review the cases of the worker. Unfortunately, it seems that no one was reviewing the worker's actions. Also, unfortunately, this happens more than you think in that agency.
concerned

Clarksville, TN

#2 Oct 2, 2009
yeah like he's the only that did'nt do his job correctly.there are more workers that don't investigate correctly.from personal experience if you know some-one that works at dcf you don't have to worry cause they will take care of you even if you are abusing and neglecting the children involved.the problem with this worker is he failed to cover his lies up like most of them do.
Former DCF employee

Hialeah, FL

#3 Nov 16, 2009
concerned wrote:
yeah like he's the only that did'nt do his job correctly.there are more workers that don't investigate correctly.from personal experience if you know some-one that works at dcf you don't have to worry cause they will take care of you even if you are abusing and neglecting the children involved.the problem with this worker is he failed to cover his lies up like most of them do.
THANK YOU!
Unfortunately, lieing on documents is common in DCF and do you know what everybody knows it. As long as you cover your ponderrosa and don't get caught you're ok. If you get caught and the administrators like you and can cover for you without jeopardizing their job they will. I've worked for several agencies in Florida State Government and sad to say but I found DCF to be the most unprofessional sloppiest ran agency in Florida State Government. The job of those low paying investigators is an impossible job. The problems outweigh the resources. It was too much for me. It was so bad that I resigned and didn't even have another job to go to. I refused to get stuck in a disfunctional job and agency. Don't miss it at all. God Bless all DCF employees because they need it.
rocky

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Feb 18, 2010
i am dealing with these people right now with my kids being violently ripped out of my home under false pretense they have been lying endlessly and my public defender is absolutley useless they have put false info into a medicalreport down at the child advocacy center people took my kid outside without me permission or knowledge at the advocacy center they lied to us about how our case plan works they lied about how certain people work for the court and they dont and saying that whatever they say was just as good as the judges and had to be done i honestly dont know how people go to sleep at night that work there or how the hell those people got there jobs these people are supposed to help better families and be the ones protecting kids but the people that should have there kids taken away they leave with the parents and the ones doing their jobs got theirs taken away its total b.s. how that dept is run all i know is if i was in charge over there alot of people would be fired and put in jail for lies and inapprpriate behaviors and crap they mainly liars down there and being that you worked for them u obviously know
Former DCF employee wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!
Unfortunately, lieing on documents is common in DCF and do you know what everybody knows it. As long as you cover your ponderrosa and don't get caught you're ok. If you get caught and the administrators like you and can cover for you without jeopardizing their job they will. I've worked for several agencies in Florida State Government and sad to say but I found DCF to be the most unprofessional sloppiest ran agency in Florida State Government. The job of those low paying investigators is an impossible job. The problems outweigh the resources. It was too much for me. It was so bad that I resigned and didn't even have another job to go to. I refused to get stuck in a disfunctional job and agency. Don't miss it at all. God Bless all DCF employees because they need it.
ridingmare

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 May 4, 2010
Batman wrote:
I can say that accountability is the issue here. DCF workers know the consequences of not interviewing children. DCF is an organization that is supposed to be out to HELP children and families in DIRE NEED! How is the agency supposed follow through with their mission statement if they have workers who lie and falsify documentation? I am glad that people are being held accountable. I also believe that the supervisor should be held accountable as well. The supervisor is responsible for the worker's actions and signs off on all documentation and is supposed to review the cases of the worker. Unfortunately, it seems that no one was reviewing the worker's actions. Also, unfortunately, this happens more than you think in that agency.
DCF just like KKK started with the intention of helping those being abused; white or black, any color. We all know that the power went to some members of KKK's heads and now what do you
call/think of KKK members? They are not out for the children, they are out for a pay check and what ever comes that check coming in is what they write, not what is best for the children or their family's. I went through acts of DCF, plus I worked with all DCF St. Lucy cases at my office. I KNOW THE CHECK IS ALL THEY ARE AFTER. I am on temp. leave of absents from the law firm because I cared about the family's to much. MOST IMPORTANT: 95% of all the calls the DCF workings go out on are people lying to get even with someone they don't like through trying to make them lose their children, not because of any real abuse.
ridingmare

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 May 4, 2010
DCF just like KKK started with the intention of helping those being abused; white or black, any color. We all know that the power went to some members of KKK's heads and now what do you
call/think of KKK members? They are not out for the children, they are out for a pay check and what ever comes that check coming in is what they write, not what is best for the children or their family's. I went through acts of DCF, plus I worked with all DCF St. Lucy cases at my office. I KNOW THE CHECK IS ALL THEY ARE AFTER. I am on temp. leave of absents from the law firm because I cared about the family's to much. MOST IMPORTANT: 95% of all the calls the DCF workings go out on are people lying to get even with someone they don't like through trying to make them lose their children, not because of any real abuse.
Crying Grandma

Stuart, FL

#7 Jul 27, 2010
In June my daughter was arrested.The children were placed in a spanish speaking home.My grandchildren are AMERICANS, They speak English.I have been trying to get my Grandchildren.I had a homestudy done Which entiled pictures of my home-3 hour interview with questioneer. I was fingerprinted.I now have the right to see my grands, They can NOT spend the night. I must have permission from spanish speaking caregiver to see grands? I don't speak spanish either, as far as that goes either does the caseworker.The case worker has given this lady permission to cut their hair. I as in grandma would never cut their hair. They have been sleeping on the floor at this home. I have 2 spare rooms. One decorated for them. It's their room. My grandchildren have been to the dr. diagnosed with head lice living in this home. My grandchild called me crying. She was so sick.I took her to emergency room. They immediately started her on I.V. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!
Jasmin darosa

Boston, MA

#8 Apr 13, 2011
Marta Hernandez a chelsea dcf worker who was handling my son case lied to the corts for Jose Martinez and his daughter who stole brain implant equipment from the hospital to use in 44 marlbrough St Chelsea 2 nd floor who still till this day the control my chip n want me to kill my self they diagnosis me with imaginary sycosis to cover there step they use old feelings againgst me I want this chip removed pobox 240236 Dorchester 02124 help me n one
Jasmin darosa

Bronx, NY

#9 Apr 20, 2011
DCF WORKER MARTHA HERNANDEZ CHELSEA MA TOOK MY SON N FOUGHT ME N CORT MY MOM HAS MY SON BUT WAS PREPLAIND BY PUTTING A CHIP IN MY HEAD JOSE MARTINEZ n HIS DAUGHTER CONTROLS MY CHIP TILL THIS DAY YHEY TRIED TO FORCE ME TO KILL MY SELF N NOW THEY FORCE ME TO PROSTITUTE COPS R INVOVLED MY MOM LIVE UPSTAIRS FROM 44 marlbrough St Chelsea ma n I'm tiered of the abuse but my mom dates a Roger digatono a married mam lmao hope his wife wakes up n smash his face in lol

So ya ask Obama wat the fuck he this bout chip n ask y the fuck the FDA food approval agreed to chipps so they can lie about what food gives u cancer ask oboma y mass eye n ear says a patient is deff the does surgery to put in a rubber ear piece so you can hear better but ASK OBOMA is it true these chips can automatically block hearing so u think ur deaf ASK OBOMA did that little girl die from mass eye n ear they performed surgery die becuase they've been using anilmals as lab rats ASK OBOMA is those pple who walk around looking crazy talking to themselves was it the forcefeed drugs that the doctor gave em that made em crazy cuz they have a chipp in there head ASK OBOMA how the chipp give u cancer so your research pple everyone who has a mental disorder will die of cancer radiation from the chipp ask oh how come my chip that Jose martinez frontal la told me to kill my self ask how come no one gas done n e thing for operating illegal equipment ask how come u run into a church to claim saintuairy ask how does the chip represent got ask how come if we refused to get chip we will be mark as a tourist with 666 brand on da back of r neck don't u think there new millennium was preplained since when does god involve technology since when does god come to earth to wipe everyone out or reality the government is trying to recycle us they way they do money bible was man maid so I guess the government is god 666 were gonna be branded cuz we wanted free
Crying Grandmother-Smit h

Stuart, FL

#10 May 11, 2011
If you look at my last response you will see this started in July of 2010. I am still dealing with this. They have nothing!!! We are now on #3 caseworker. Thisd one is changing the rules, lieing,which is common. Now the supervisor is lieing. I did find that the office in Port St. Lucie helped me. I do get my grandchildren now. Within 5 minutes of contacting them. Now this new caseworker Amanda states that I have to contact her when I get them. OPPOSITE THAN WAS STATED BEFORE. I am sick of this. I do have an attorney that called me. I am READY to go. LETS GO. I am now requesting a copy of the DCF file. The attorney is having me do alot of the leg work since this is a probono case. THERE IS A GOD!!!! I can't wait.

Paragould, AR

#11 May 21, 2011
Man, I cant believe its still going on there. You see where Im writing from. Michelle Akins used her authority to destroy alot of lives back in the late 90s. If anyone needs anything on her,Ive got all my paper work from back in the day that could prove how badly one can take advantage of ppl they hate with a job. I care about her husbands twin boys as they had a terrific,decent mother,again another family Miss On Fire Ass destroyed. Good luck and remember, theres alot of Shiet eaters and brown nosers in chobee! No matter how you can prove urself its still hard to find an attorney who will buck em. Ive got grown kids now, I believe 2 could actually have a lawsuit against the state for the crap and all they went through. You wouldnt beleive WHAT they went through. Florida is to blame for allowing Michelle or her commies to keep doing this stuff. Ill keep an eye out on this topic!
former okeechobian

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 May 30, 2011
As far as what I have seen of DCF in Okeechobee, they take the kids away from the parents that actually love and take care of them, and leave the kids in homes that are abusive. I know this isn't 100% of the time, but I would go on a limb and say 90% of the time this happens. I have made a vow here and today to take care of my baby girl better than anyone and to keep any chance of having these awful people in her life for any stupid reason. Not that I am trying to hide anything, but I am the one that is here to protect her, and kids get killed and abused once handed over to DCF.
martesha

United States

#13 Sep 12, 2011
Lederman that letter u didnt read was sayin how my sonp was bein abaused and that home you asked him to live in .. I been reading in that like SOO common with u. What ever the caseworker say you take like the LIL girl who was found dead u fussed at everyone but yourself u neva ask to see the child.... U don't know what goes on in them foster homes... My six yr was removed out the home because that. I was set and my voice gone be heard I lost my kids off lies in u neva took the time out to see me my kids nor did u live in one. MI foster parent made me have sex with another GURL and the watched. My caseworkwer told me to lie when u took my mother rights my mama neva abaused us we were doing what the case worker asked us to do....
martesha

United States

#14 Sep 12, 2011
My case worker lied on me my son was being abaues I'm his home and he's still there
Knows

Paragould, AR

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Former DCF employee wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!
I hear Ms.Ladida, Michelle Akins,had to leave the county. She was a supervisor for quite awhile. Taking her personal whoes out on alot of families. Mainly because of the jealousy that her husband caused. Yes,Im sure. Im also sure alot of the reg. workers there at the time she reighned, were under her threats. I wonder, since I was told once, if there is a statue of limitaions on a child,or grown children,who had thier lives destroyed by her,can go back and sue florida for all this. I dont know if judge Geiger..?is still there or not, but makes aperson wonder just what kind of relatioship they had going on. Ha,I KNOW shes a tramp!
Home wRecking Service_HRS

Fitzgerald, GA

#16 Mar 1, 2013
Yea, my family went through hell with that bitch Michelle Akins. She abused her authority when she worked at HRS. She would shop state attorneys until she got the result she was shopping for. I even filed charges with the Okeechobee state attorney but they would not prosecute her. The sheriff's office did not even want to accept the complaint I filed against her, until I showed the sheriff's office that they were in fact violating the law by not accepting/receiving my compalint against her. My attorney Burton Connor did what he could, he was against the entire weight of the state. Even when the trial was going on, the judge during recess would go to HRS (free lunch provided by HRS) to eat. Then come back to court to be impartial (my ass). Hell, her crony Dale LaFlam was no better either. If anyone knows what happened to her, please post it. I hope something bad happened to her. She even had complaints filed against her in her personnel record & was disiplined for them. But was not fired. Thanks Tom Peer, her supervisor at that time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: The Frugal Framer 3 hr Beth 1
The Stale Information 13 hr Towith 1
News Deputy-involved shooting in Fort Pierce Mar 27 Go Blue Forever 1
vanica lane Mar 26 amy 1
collean wintz Mar 26 amy 1
Murphy and His Band Mar 22 Leonardo di 1
News 40-year-old son accused of Tasering mom at late... (Feb '08) Mar 18 Scrapper Keeper 111
South Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]