State seeks death penalty in case

There are 20 comments on the May 3, 2007, South Florida Sun-Sentinel story titled State seeks death penalty in case. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

For having an accident in his pants, 3-year-old Kelvin Jackson was punished by his would-be stepmother, who beat him to death with a belt and her hands, according to a medical examiner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

DirtyHarry

United States

#1 May 3, 2007
some minorities shouldn't have children, we all know that.
Nickle

Jupiter, FL

#2 May 3, 2007
Should beat her till her heart explodes.....S**T like this makes me believe we should bring back "an eye for an eye"
Ginna

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 May 3, 2007
DirtyHarry wrote:
Your as stupid as she is. I guess you didn't read last weeks stroy about the white woman that cut her 3 year old son and lied to police about it.

May that poor little boy rest in peace.
hell to the no

Miami, FL

#4 May 3, 2007
she should really get the death penalty she had no worry about that baby boy why worry about her DEATH TO THAT IDIOT
Chu

Miami, FL

#5 May 3, 2007
Give that B_I_T_C_H the electric chair. She dosen't deserve to live another minute. Just like Nickle said, "an eye for an eye" sounds good to me.

“This is America, Speak English”

Since: Apr 07

Weston, FL

#6 May 3, 2007
What a sick woman. She must have been jealous of this little boy. I hope she dies the same death she bestowed on him.
2 many bigots

Knoxville, TN

#7 May 3, 2007
Though a trial date has not yet been set, Valencia Jackson said she plans to be at the proceedings. "I want her to get the death penalty and for me to see her suffer like I think my baby suffered."

Way to go, Jackson. Try telling that to Roundtree's son.
Connie

Miami, FL

#8 May 3, 2007
That woman should be beat to death! An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth! I hope she rots in hell!
Tiny Terror

Miami, FL

#9 May 3, 2007
I agree that sounds like a great idea, I have said it about pedifiles, they should have done to them what they have done to there victims. She is a Scum Bag

Since: Mar 07

United States

#10 May 3, 2007
Nickle wrote:
Should beat her till her heart explodes.....S**T like this makes me believe we should bring back "an eye for an eye"
AMEN to that!!!!! As long as people think they can get away with crime here they will commit it over and over again.

If it were me I would make a special case of this one, put pictures permanently affixed to her cell door of the little boy's body all beaten up and bloody for all the other inmates to see on a daily basis. Then after a week start letting her out into general population, no more of this 30 yrs on death row, let nature take its course.
Haywood Jablomey

AOL

#11 May 3, 2007
kelvin and telvin???? Gee, what brilliant and original names for children. Sad that the kid got beat to death though.
TwoEvils

Louisville, KY

#12 May 3, 2007
You people need to stop using the "eye for an eye" phrase. The Bible also says in Matthew 5:38, 39:

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Old testament - stone them.
New testament - turn the other cheek.

If you pretend to be a Christian, you have to turn the other cheek. Otherwise, she should get what she gave to that poor little boy.
kittyjo1

United States

#13 May 3, 2007
how could any woman beat a child like that and then say she didn't know. Death is too good for her see needs to be beaten with one of those canes like they do in China. This needs to be done every day for a hour straight for the rest of her life. Just tortured like that child was.
Just concerned

Houston, TX

#14 May 4, 2007
Haywood Jablomey wrote:
kelvin and telvin???? Gee, what brilliant and original names for children. Sad that the kid got beat to death though.
Why bother to voice your opinion if you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to the discussion.
My prayers go out to Kelvins remaining family. May you find peace and solice in God.
Just concerned

Houston, TX

#15 May 4, 2007
DirtyHarry wrote:
SOMEONE SHOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN BIRTH TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Just concerned

Houston, TX

#16 May 4, 2007
2 many bigots wrote:
Though a trial date has not yet been set, Valencia Jackson said she plans to be at the proceedings. "I want her to get the death penalty and for me to see her suffer like I think my baby suffered."
Way to go, Jackson. Try telling that to Roundtree's son.
It's sad to say but why should Valencia worry about her son. She(the killer) didn't worry about her own son or the consequences of beating a child a child to death. Tia's son will already grow up and find out that she murdered a child. A child that he probably shared a sibling like relationship for a short time. Who knows, Tia may have beaten her son like that as well. Thank God that Telvin and her little boy were not killed too. This woman deserves to get what she gave. Bottom line.
someone in texas

Killeen, TX

#17 May 17, 2007
you all should noy judge if you do not know what really happen.And where was the real mother? if she was a mom she would have had her own child. she at fault to. think about that Valencia.
someone in texas

Killeen, TX

#18 May 17, 2007
DirtyHarry wrote:
aND WHITE FOLKS SHOULD NOT HAVE KIDS EITHER THEN BIGGIT. WHOES AT FAULT WHEN THE COMMIT SUICIDE ALL THE TIME. SO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT BLACKS.BECAUSE YOU WILL GET TOLD DIRTY HARRY!
Yvonne Talbert

Lake Mary, FL

#19 May 29, 2007
kelvin was with his father, so why should valencia have to worry about her child's safety. he is a very good father and she is a good mother. if you don't know what you're talking about you don't need to make any comments. apparently you don't read the newspapers because tia judged her own self when she chosed to abused kelvin instead of discipline him like a child, instead she beat him like he was a mad dog.she will be judged by many people and most important" God "
someone in texas wrote:
you all should noy judge if you do not know what really happen.And where was the real mother? if she was a mom she would have had her own child. she at fault to. think about that Valencia.
Yvonne Talbert

Lake Mary, FL

#20 May 29, 2007
someone in texas wrote:
do you think any child should be beat to death for having a accident in their pants? what difference does it make if that child was with the mother or the father? the autopsy proved that the death was caused from abuse. my grandson had a ruptured heart, bruised spleen, skull fracture,bruised scalp and bruises left from the belt, she, "tia" used to beat my grandson with. so if you don't know what you're talking about, don't make any comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) 11 hr YO VINNIE 1,153
Looking Sat James 1
Car-less in Kingspoint, Delray Beach Question Sat MKL 1
News Police presence at Brown Sugar Festival has som... (May '10) Apr 24 cyoneal 15
News Woman found dead in Delray, foul play suspected Apr 23 Kelli 4
News Delray Beach Police Blotter (Dec '07) Apr 23 Sarah brennab 6
Debate: Marijuana - Clewiston, FL (Aug '10) Apr 21 Ron Bock 7
More from around the web

South Bay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]