Biker critical, SUV driver charged with DWI

Full story: Newsday

Nicholas Manzo was wearing his new motorcycle jacket - an early Christmas gift from his girlfriend - while riding yesterday morning when he got into an accident with a drunken driver in Rocky Point, leaving the ...
Comments
61 - 80 of 80 Comments Last updated Feb 12, 2008
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
GREMLINS

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

JamesG wrote:
Funny thing, all the supporters of Mr. White, who I am sure are for the most part black, are all for taking the law into your own hands.
Well, if that is how you feel, based on the statistics, there are going to be a lot more young BLACK men killed for committing crimes and threatening people than white kids.
This man doesn't deserve the venom and hate thrown his way after being in this terrible accident. The only racists are those that would wish harm and pain on anther and his family. Truly disturbing to read.
GROWL
just me

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

I live in Stony Brook, on my way to a Christmas dinner I saw Dano Jr's car going to what we assumed was Stony Brook Hosptial to see this young man. Taking time out of their Christmas to see a friend that is very sick and the future uncertain, I felt very bad. Until I saw the cars that were following the mustang fly around the corner and take off down Nicholls Road. One life has been ruined by bad driving, this "Black Out" driving needs to be stopped, or at least kept to an area out off the public roads. I really feel for Dano's family. I lived near them and passed his father every day in his excursion. It's such a hard thing to loose a child and the kids all seemed so close to loose another is horrible, especially after everything that has happened. I felt bad for Mr. White at first, but after reading he didn't call the police, or an ambulance and the children ( yes, they were and I don't care what anyone says) had to bring their friend to Mather Hospital in the back of the car, the first call he made was to his LAWYER. No more respect for Mr. White. The jury had the right verdict. I sincerely hope that Nick has a full recovery. No parent should have to go through what his parents are at this time, or any time. If you have had too much to drink, call a cab! Another family ruined by a stupid decision
SpellChequer

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

just me wrote:
I live in Stony Brook, on my way to a Christmas dinner I saw Dano Jr's car going to what we assumed was Stony Brook Hosptial to see this young man. Taking time out of their Christmas to see a friend that is very sick and the future uncertain, I felt very bad. Until I saw the cars that were following the mustang fly around the corner and take off down Nicholls Road. One life has been ruined by bad driving, this "Black Out" driving needs to be stopped, or at least kept to an area out off the public roads. I really feel for Dano's family. I lived near them and passed his father every day in his excursion. It's such a hard thing to loose a child and the kids all seemed so close to loose another is horrible, especially after everything that has happened. I felt bad for Mr. White at first, but after reading he didn't call the police, or an ambulance and the children ( yes, they were and I don't care what anyone says) had to bring their friend to Mather Hospital in the back of the car, the first call he made was to his LAWYER. No more respect for Mr. White. The jury had the right verdict. I sincerely hope that Nick has a full recovery. No parent should have to go through what his parents are at this time, or any time. If you have had too much to drink, call a cab! Another family ruined by a stupid decision
The word is "lose" not "loose" and no, it was not a typo, you typed it incorrectly twice in the same damned sentence!
Slappy White

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

nick wrote:
feel better nick we are all praying for you and we love you!!!!!!!!!!
Speak for yourself, buddy...the only things I'm praying for are similar fates for the rest of the members of the Blackout Club.
Blueskies

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

brendan wrote:
i dont think you should be giving out the adress of the urbaski residants under any conditions(saftey and family concerns).
Safety concerns? Haha...that's funny. Urbanski didn't seem to be too concerened about safety when he got in his car and drove while he was drunk.
just me

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

SpellChequer wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is "lose" not "loose" and no, it was not a typo, you typed it incorrectly twice in the same damned sentence!
Sorry, I stand corrected. Where would the world be without people like you to correct us? Have a Merry Christmas, and I hope your New Year is free of Typos
SCAREY

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

As a fellow rider who recently had a bad accident (because of some other idiot on the road), I can't say how badly I feel for Nick and his family. This kid was out doing something that he loved (and unless you ride, you cannot even begin to criticize those who ride because you just don't understand it)...there are too many idiots on the road putting on their makeup, talking on their cellphones, drinking...you name it. Yes, some bikers drive inappropriately too, but the bottom line is that whether you are riding a motorcycle or not, being on the road has become increasingly dangerous because everyone ignores the fact that we all must share the road. Nobody has any consideration for anyone else anymore.

To Nick's family--I am so sorry.
A Documented Immigrant

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

Billy Hazelton wrote:
I was wondering what kind of stupid bsterd would be riding a crotchrocket motorcyle at 1:30 in the morning [IN DECEMBER HELLO?]
Where does it say that we all have to live to your standards, Thank you for sharing your planet, idiot!
no case

Franklin Lakes, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

I believe they should never have connected Nick to Dano in this story. Since this connection was made people are showing no sympathy for Nick and his family. The people are enraged by the verdict in the Dano case and there anger is being transfered to Nick and his family!!! This was an accident and my prayers go out to Nick and his family. His associations have nothing to do with this unfortunate situation.
Long Island

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

Karma's a bitch...what goes around comes around
Blackout

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Slappy White wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself, buddy...the only things I'm praying for are similar fates for the rest of the members of the Blackout Club.
Thanks. Enjoy the new year. I wish you and your family the best of health and happiness. Your support is deeply appreciated.
Blackout

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

The folks at Newsday that allow this debauchery to continue on public forums should be ashamed of themselves.

The lowlives that post here want nothing more than to hurt people who are down and out. Funny thing is, they've probably never had a hair on their head harmed. If that happened, they'd be sympathetic rather than hopelessly desensitized. Must have been the latest smash hit on primetime tv that taught them everything they know.

What does Karma have to do with this? Nick wasn't even there that night. Don't you people realize that you spout more racism than anyone else involved in any of these stories? Get a fucking grip already.

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me. This place is full of idiots. Honestly, most of the people that write here do not have the mental capacity to intelligently respond to a situation. PLEASE form some sort of coherent message.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are floating in space.

Hang in there Nick, you're one tough kid.
Bold Hawk

Fresh Meadows, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Newsday seems desperate to defame the dead and excuse the murderer. They even somehow used the death of a motorist as a vehicle to defame Dano.

The White verdict must have been a very unpopular verdict in that newsroom. All that propaganda for nothing. Newsday pumped out 2 articles a day to destroy the reputation of the dead and his family. Look at this forum, the articles are everywhere and each and every article is about racism. Have to give them credit for being relentless. If I had an agenda I would like a relentless propaganda machine like Newsday to pump out my story day after day after day.
Blackout

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Well said.

Thanks to corrupt tabloids like Newsday and the New York Post, national opinion is against this verdict. People believe what they read, so why should they listen to me? I mean, I was there AND used to be friends with Aaron..but what does that have to do with anything.

If I didn't know any better, I'd be against the verdict too. Then again, I'm smart enough to understand that news is a business, and businesses must SELL to stay afloat. Racism sells papers.

Someone should ask them why they don't print what we tell them in interviews. The truth is boring, baby. People want the drama they expect from a good screenplay to be cast upon real people in society.

Everyone has the right to exercise freedom of speech, but this is just plain deformation of character.
Miller Place

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Slappy White wrote:
<quoted text>
Slappy, you should be slapped.. you moron. Oh, and all of your posts are moronic.
Anyone

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

does anyone know how the kid is doing?
steph

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Slappy White wrote:
<quoted text>
how dare you say such a terrible thing. nick is a great guy who comes from a great family. yeah, dano wasn't the classiest of people...i'm not a huge fan of the whole group either...but still..i would NEVER wish this situation upon ANYONE. you are the scum that ruins this earth.

we're all praying for you nick. stay strong <3
ryan friend for johns

Glen Cove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2007

listen im a freind of john and i agree with the fact that they should not ever give the residence of the person. yess i agree with alot of u he shouldnt have been drunk driving at all but u all have to realize it also doesnt say that the driver of the motorcylce wasnt doing nething illegal while he was driving it doesnt say that he wasnt weeving in and out of traffic. not saying whether it was alright or not but u cant critise sumone so hard everyone makes mistakes lets hope and pray that the kid is alright and he comes out of this with everything the way it was befor the accident but john does have a fammilly too is it rlly worth taking away his life if a life wasnt taken? have some compassion we all make mistakes noones perfect hopefully he learns from his mistake and u all have to realize he also has to live with the guilt of noing he almost took someones life and i think that that is worse then being stuck in jail nowing that u "took someones life"
ryan friend for johns

Glen Cove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2007

listen im a freind of john and i agree with the fact that they should not ever give the residence of the person. yess i agree with alot of u he shouldnt have been drunk driving at all but u all have to realize it also doesnt say that the driver of the motorcylce wasnt doing nething illegal while he was driving it doesnt say that he wasnt weeving in and out of traffic. not saying whether it was alright or not but u cant critise sumone so hard everyone makes mistakes lets hope and pray that the kid is alright and he comes out of this with everything the way it was befor the accident but john does have a fammilly too is it rlly worth taking away his life if a life wasnt taken? have some compassion we all make mistakes noones perfect hopefully he learns from his mistake and u all have to realize he also has to live with the guilt of noing he almost took someones life and i think that that is worse then being stuck in jail nowing that u "took someones life"
concerned parent

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

I find it rather ironic. Cicciaro and pals were drunk and used very poor judgment in showing up at someone's house as a mob. Unfortunately, death resulted. Nick Manzo was hit by a drunk driver and almost lost his life. Again, very poor judgment by the driver that hit Nick. I hope there are many people learning a lesson from both these tragedies. Alcohol is not something to play with....one of the side effects is poor judgment. I pray for all involved, the Whites, the Cicciaros, the Manzos and the Urbanskis.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sound Beach Discussions

Search the Sound Beach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 28 min Krackerjacks 115,553
Giant Garage Sale 5 hr grande heffe 14
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 14 hr Gravity Pete 670
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Mon cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Mon sdd 755
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Mon trs 16,778
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Mon land of the slaves 6,371
•••
•••

Sound Beach News Video

•••
•••

Sound Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sound Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE