Biker critical, SUV driver charged wi...

Biker critical, SUV driver charged with DWI

There are 80 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 23, 2007, titled Biker critical, SUV driver charged with DWI. In it, Newsday reports that:

Nicholas Manzo was wearing his new motorcycle jacket - an early Christmas gift from his girlfriend - while riding yesterday morning when he got into an accident with a drunken driver in Rocky Point, leaving the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

ARE THEYFOR REAL

Selden, NY

#68 Dec 23, 2007
A R B wrote:
I would torcher the hellout of urbaski then kill the baster Bikers has Rights as well as auto's
drivers. Stop the drinking and useing the cell phone. start driving right Idiots.
YOU SOUND DRUNK,ARE YOU?
Prison

Ashburn, VA

#71 Dec 23, 2007
James Dean wrote:
He's a friend of Dano? I hope he lives just the way he is for a very long time. Can't be much of a Human Being anyway if he's such a close friend of that Racist.
The only "racist" is the COWARD that shot that young boy. I hope he spends a very long time in the "Pits Of Prison."
llbbb

Norwalk, CT

#72 Dec 23, 2007
Pete wrote:
Why will people pay $12 for a cocktail but won't spend 50cents for a phone call or $20.00 for a cab ride. People if your gonna drink find another way home. So many of our neighbors have lost life and limb for nothing....Please Please be responsible!
Great post.
GETWELLSOON

Brooklyn, NY

#74 Dec 23, 2007
Aren't the posts getting a little off-topic? This poor guy is in ICU right before Christmas-- he may not live. Leave all the trial banter for another message board- I am sure you can find one!
different cases

Paterson, NJ

#76 Dec 23, 2007
Adolph wrote:
<quoted text>
He was guilty of murder, other civilised people would not do what the ape did, they would have called the cops
If you think it was justified to kill that boy, I hope your son is shot in the face imbicile
You know what. You make it sound like MR. White went looking for trouble. So basically what you are saying Is Dano is a victim, even though he sent a wave of hate through the phone, through the computer and live in person. If your son was about to get killed by a group of cowards, I would like to believe that any parent would protect their child. Were we suppose to let Dano terrorize the neighborhood? So my response to you, is you should be shot in the face. Maybe it will correct your brain!!!!
different cases

Paterson, NJ

#77 Dec 23, 2007
Adolph wrote:
<quoted text>
To shot an unarmed boy in the face and kill him, makes you an uncivilised savage, the monkey had the option to call police like a civilised person would have done
The boys were out side and were not trying to break into his house and he was in no imminent danger, but the savage wanted blood took his illegal gun and went out side for blood
Now the animal belongs where he will live in a cage with bars
You talk like you were there. They were not in danger. How do you know that?? I am an Italian from Howard beach and in my neighborhood, if dano did what he did. An accidental bullet would be the least of his problems. You keep refering to MR. White as a monkey. Compared to you, Yes; Monkeys are smart animals, apparently your not :)
different cases

Paterson, NJ

#78 Dec 23, 2007
sounds familiar wrote:
sorry for the biker- but it is hypocritical for this group to be up in arms against urbanski for doing the same thing they were doing on their way to mr. Whites house -drunk driving!
Arrest the party hosts that allowed underage drinking!
Good point!!
Amen

Coram, NY

#81 Dec 23, 2007
Miller Place Mom wrote:
I'm not surprised at what I'm reading in here. This is what happens when parents let their children use the internet unsupervised. I pray that these same children who are making these hateful and in some cases racial comments never feel the pain that ALL THREE of the families (Cicciaro, White and Manzo) are feeling. I Pray that you find it within yourselves to grow up a bit and think before you speak..but mostly I pray for our future.
Children, Where are your parents? Parents, don't spare the rod....you are raising animals who will one day hold your future in thier hands.
AMEN!
Amen

Coram, NY

#82 Dec 23, 2007
different cases wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk like you were there. They were not in danger. How do you know that?? I am an Italian from Howard beach and in my neighborhood, if dano did what he did. An accidental bullet would be the least of his problems. You keep refering to MR. White as a monkey. Compared to you, Yes; Monkeys are smart animals, apparently your not :)
I was surrounded by a group of angry teenagers once, with my children in tow. Where they drunk? I wasn't given breathalizers, I don't know, I held my own for awhile, I guess about 15-20 minutes or so (my kids said), until the cops came. Did I call the cops? No, I was too busy protecting my family. If I had a gun, legal or not, I would have used it, in some way...I'm sure. Did I know the exact ages of these "kids" threatening my life and the lives of my kids? No. As soon as a human can threaten the lives of your family, they should not be protected under the cloak of teenage innocence.
This prick & his father tried to sue me afterwards too, You know...because I was the adult and all, even though he attacked me.
Had Dano Jr come to my house, threatened to kill a member of my family, liquored up or not, I would have done the same thing.
The one thing that tells me Mr. White was shaking in his boots when he did it, acting in a fear reaction, was the fact that if I would have been "calm" I would have shot out that pricks knee caps and made his parents show up to make him apologize to my children 1st.
Don't come to anyone's home and threaten them for any reason. You have a problem? Go to Court. Why didn't Dano Jr call the Police? Don't make a freaking excuse for a kid that got himself in this situation in the 1st place.
All the inbreeds posting about the "monkey" that murdered that innocent teenage kid...Yeah, that's helping your cause alright.
Long Island Boy Forever

Concord, NC

#83 Dec 23, 2007
Ron Zoni wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with g-uidos you ask? Try the arrogant attitude. How about the fact that most of them think they know it all while they actually know very little. They are all as dumb as a stump and twice as bright as a burnt out light bulb. The continuous expression of "DUH" on the face doesn't help much either.
And just when and where did I say anything about Italians?
As far as the building of NY, you had better research the history of NY and get the facts straight. The majority of Italian immigration took place around 1900 by mostly poor Italian farmers and NY by that time was already "built".
I didn't realize you were a history buff, sorry to insult your intelligence. Let me say it this way, Italians are a big part of what makes NY a great place.
Long Island Boy Forever

Concord, NC

#84 Dec 23, 2007
different cases wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what. You make it sound like MR. White went looking for trouble. So basically what you are saying Is Dano is a victim, even though he sent a wave of hate through the phone, through the computer and live in person. If your son was about to get killed by a group of cowards, I would like to believe that any parent would protect their child. Were we suppose to let Dano terrorize the neighborhood? So my response to you, is you should be shot in the face. Maybe it will correct your brain!!!!
The bottom line is that both families are devastated by this situation. The kid should have been sober and this wouldn't have happened. The father probably should have called the cops instead of brandishing his weapon. Whatever happened to baseball bats and fist fights?
new faith

Paterson, NJ

#87 Dec 24, 2007
Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
I was surrounded by a group of angry teenagers once, with my children in tow. Where they drunk? I wasn't given breathalizers, I don't know, I held my own for awhile, I guess about 15-20 minutes or so (my kids said), until the cops came. Did I call the cops? No, I was too busy protecting my family. If I had a gun, legal or not, I would have used it, in some way...I'm sure. Did I know the exact ages of these "kids" threatening my life and the lives of my kids? No. As soon as a human can threaten the lives of your family, they should not be protected under the cloak of teenage innocence.
This prick & his father tried to sue me afterwards too, You know...because I was the adult and all, even though he attacked me.
Had Dano Jr come to my house, threatened to kill a member of my family, liquored up or not, I would have done the same thing.
The one thing that tells me Mr. White was shaking in his boots when he did it, acting in a fear reaction, was the fact that if I would have been "calm" I would have shot out that pricks knee caps and made his parents show up to make him apologize to my children 1st.
Don't come to anyone's home and threaten them for any reason. You have a problem? Go to Court. Why didn't Dano Jr call the Police? Don't make a freaking excuse for a kid that got himself in this situation in the 1st place.
All the inbreeds posting about the "monkey" that murdered that innocent teenage kid...Yeah, that's helping your cause alright.
Thank you for sharing your story and I am sorry that you had to experience that. You know, people are quick to talk, but unless they actually felt that kind of fear, they can never know for sure what they will do. It is not about race or age. I think it is Human nature to protect your own. If you climb a tree and fall, they call it natural consequences, so when you show up to someones house to look for trouble and you actually find it; then I would also call it natural consequences. Why is all of Danos friends who showed up with him not in jail. why is the host of the party who allowed children to get drunk at their party not in jail, and why is the guy who wrote the fake emails "pretending to be aaron not in jail. Yet they find it easy to convict a guy who was protecting his family, and was woken up by his son saying they are going to kill me. Judge barbara Kahn is the only one who can make this right now. I hope she tries to put herself in MR. Whites shoes before claiming to do her job.
John

United States

#88 Dec 24, 2007
A friend of mine was involved in the same type of crash seve years ago and while the driver of the car was at fault my friend could have ridden better and MAY not have had the accident. My friend was riding to close to a car in fron of him near the right side side of the road and was partially hidden to the driver of the car. That being said, the driver should have made sure he had a clear lane before turning in front of my friend. Bottom line when you ride, regardless of the time of year, you must pay extra close attention. I've lost "brothers" to cagers and pray they never have to pay respects to me due to a careless cager. I always ride as if I'm invisible and always at the posted speed limit. I will pray for Mr. Manzo and his family.
new faith

Paterson, NJ

#89 Dec 24, 2007
Long Island Boy Forever wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line is that both families are devastated by this situation. The kid should have been sober and this wouldn't have happened. The father probably should have called the cops instead of brandishing his weapon. Whatever happened to baseball bats and fist fights?
Your right, everyone loses in a situation like this. I wish it was still a time were people beat each up and went home. Todays mentality is kill or be killed. Nobody trusts each other anymore. People today live through an image and the sad part is underneath it all they are very different people. The thing is Dano went looking for trouble with conviction and MR White defended himself from the trouble that came his way. I do not belive that MR White should be convicted.
hey

East Meadow, NY

#90 Dec 24, 2007
if john white was so terribly scared of these kids (literally) that night, why didn't he go inside his house, lock the door, and call the police?
hmmm... what a man.
nick

East Meadow, NY

#91 Dec 24, 2007
feel better nick we are all praying for you and we love you!!!!!!!!!!
Another drunk driver

Baldwin, NY

#92 Dec 26, 2007
Every day I read another article about someone driving drunk. When are people going to realize that not only is it against the law but people are being hurt and killed. Makes me sick....Anyone know how this young man is doing? My prayers are with the family.
Ron Zoni

Brooklyn, NY

#93 Dec 26, 2007
Another drunk driver wrote:
Every day I read another article about someone driving drunk. When are people going to realize that not only is it against the law but people are being hurt and killed. Makes me sick....Anyone know how this young man is doing? My prayers are with the family.
People will realize that when they also stop falling into the LIRR platform gap and stupid young men stop speeding around on those crotch rocket motorcycles. LetÂ’s face it, everyone is to blame.
Miller Place

Bronx, NY

#94 Dec 26, 2007
carmella wrote:
<quoted text> please keep me informed ,thank you, say hello to glenn for me.
Will do.
CK
Rhealism

Bronx, NY

#95 Dec 26, 2007
Motorcycles are just too dnagerous here on Long Island, for both the drivers and the drivers around them. I know in general they can be safe, you can wear protective clothing, but specifically to Long Island, they are not safe in my opinion. I am sure it is safe to go to the top of the empire state building and hang from a reinforced rafter, and I am sure that is safer than another building, but I am ont dumb enough to try it, and I am not dumb enough to drive around Long Island on a motorcycle. THe person driving drunk should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, hopefully the young guy will pull through and give up the motorbikes. Drunk driving in general makes me sick, but this is the me generation where nobody cares about the consequences of what they do as long as it makes them feel better in some way.

As far as Mr. White is concerned, I do not know the whole story but it seems like he was intimidated by some teens and felt his life or his child's was threatened to the point where he needed to pull a gun and kill them. I fully support taking the situation into your own hands but like another poster mentioned, 2 quick shots to the punks kneecaps would have had him urinating himself and screaming for mommy like the baby he was, no need for death just fear and pain would put ANY teen punk in his place.

Happy Holiday's everyone and have a healthy prosperous 2008!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sound Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) 4 hr Watchman 209
News 3rd suspect in murder of 2 men found dismembered (Aug '08) 22 hr Dindu Nuffin 181
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Wed 11951Ratdog 86
GD Designs Rochdale Wed pantaskan20 1
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) Tue boycott 23
SCCC Destruction of Nature (Dec '12) Aug 20 Rick the custodian 17
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Aug 18 Brian_G 121,874

Sound Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sound Beach Mortgages