Witness: White feared for self after false rape accusation

Full story: Newsday 106
As a new, black student in the predominantly white Miller Place High School, Aaron White knew that being accused of threatening to rape a white girl could destroy him, Aaron's best friend testified Thursday in ... Full Story
rocky point kid

Glen Oaks, NY

#97 Nov 29, 2007
Cicciaro sr should be on trial not white . Cicciaro sr taught his son to be a punk and got him killed
michael p

Fairfield, CT

#99 Nov 29, 2007
Look I am the last guy to call the race card and say that there is prejudice or whatnot or a hate crime, but it is entirely plausible (knowing area) that this was at least partially racially motivated.

Now I will tell you from someone who has been in a similar situation that I too went out the door with guns. What are you going to do when multiple people show up at your house lookign to harm someone. And clearly when someone is at your house looking for problems, you are not the aggressor. Now having a gun out raises the stakes and is probably not the best idea, but I have done it. and if someone would have hit the gun or came at me I would have shot them.

So in the end... The growing up gotti crew should not have came down looking for trouble. Even if they are drunk this is no defense. Also the homeowner should not have came out with a gun because he should have been mature enough to realize that it was throwing fuel on a fire. But being someone in a nearly identical situation, you dont think that way. Having someone coming to your house is a bad feeling because that is your ground and sanctuary. So you sometimes make fast decisions that are no good.

In the end nobody ended up better off here, and I think It is a tragedy and people going to look for trouble should think again because you never know who will meet you and make you meet your demise. However, the same can be said about people coming out of their homes with guns.... You should only pull a gun if you think they are going to kill you. Otherwise you are just making for a more volitile situation
michael p

Fairfield, CT

#100 Nov 29, 2007
also to you racists out there, what if this was a white family in howard beach with 5 black guys outside looking for problems. Hmmm I think you would think differently
EnoughsEnough

Holbrook, NY

#101 Nov 29, 2007
Unless someone is trying to ENTER your HOME, a weapon should not be used.

Taunting, threats and/or shouting should have caused a reasonable person to CALL the POLICE.

Guns are not to be brandished unless there is the intent to use them.

Mr. White and his son were clearly the victims of racism, but Mr. White should not be allowed to play the race card in trying to defend himself.

Anger and stupidity coupled with possession of a gun and the intent to show those young drunk bigots that he was "a man," caused him to do what he did.
get over it

Bayside, NY

#102 Nov 30, 2007
Roe wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a hater of anyone, but this case has incensed me. Let's see the Whites were so afraid he taunted these "drunken" teens and waited for them armed and full of hate. The Whites ambushed these kids and did exactly what was done to blacks in the South. Doesn't anyone realize that these are kids who are young and stupid, but they did Daniel did not deserve to get shot in the face. He deserved to get punished - he was only 17.
he was only 17 eh ? you forgot to mention that he brought a few friends along.........oh, and baseball bats.
get over it

Bayside, NY

#103 Nov 30, 2007
EnoughsEnough wrote:
Unless someone is trying to ENTER your HOME, a weapon should not be used.
Taunting, threats and/or shouting should have caused a reasonable person to CALL the POLICE.
Guns are not to be brandished unless there is the intent to use them.
Mr. White and his son were clearly the victims of racism, but Mr. White should not be allowed to play the race card in trying to defend himself.
Anger and stupidity coupled with possession of a gun and the intent to show those young drunk bigots that he was "a man," caused him to do what he did.
the only reason he did'nt use the bat on his intended targets is..........well its kind of tough after being shot in his stupid face.look at you now
SunnyBeach

Mcallen, TX

#105 Nov 30, 2007
True ignorance sparked this entire incident. Of course, the girl "didn't intend" for someone to be killed as a result of her actions. And naturally, the boys didn't know their friend would end up dead on the front lawn. But this young man's parents must at some point accept their son would still be alive if he had not shown up at the White's home with a car full of buddies, acting like a raving maniac, threatening HIS child and threatening HIS life! HIS behavior was WRONG. No winners here, but a bunch of kids who DON'T THINK.

Parents, you should be using this opportunity to educate your children about ACTIONS and CONSEQUENCES. This one is on YOU.
Chris

Houston, TX

#106 Nov 30, 2007
Hang the n*gger and while your at it, hang his rapist son too
Chris

Houston, TX

#107 Nov 30, 2007
michael p wrote:
also to you racists out there, what if this was a white family in howard beach with 5 black guys outside looking for problems. Hmmm I think you would think differently
If there were 5 blacks outside, each and every one of them would deserve to die. But, we're not talking about a n*gger victim are we? Nope, we're talking about a white man that was killed by a useless n*gger. That useless n*gger needs to die, by noose or lethal injection, who cares.
Dano jrs friend

AOL

#108 Nov 30, 2007
rocky point kid wrote:
Cicciaro sr should be on trial not white . Cicciaro sr taught his son to be a punk and got him killed
hey donnie boy,you get bitched slapped by dano sr at one time or another,you are so jealous of him
Nexus

Greenville, NC

#109 Nov 30, 2007
murchman1 wrote:
Mr White is innocent. He was protecting his life and his sons life. Case Closed!
NY State penal law S35.15
A person may not use deadly physical force upon another person under circumstances specified in subdivision one unless:
(a) He reasonably believes that such other person is using or about to use deadly physical force. Even in such case, however, the actor MAY NOT use deadly physical force if he knows that he can with complete safety as to himself and others avoid the necessity of so doing by RETREATING.

White should have stayed in his house. Wake up.
Roger

Brooklyn, NY

#110 Nov 30, 2007
truth wrote:
What should mr white have done, waited until they broke in did harm then call the please and possibly recieve life threatening injuries during the wait.
These knuckheads, came unannounced, uninvited trespassed on someone elses property and stated thier intentions. They further indicated they werent leaving until they did what they came to do.
The basic Human response is to either fight or flee, Where does one flee when the are at the sanctuary of there own home.
others will say, why not call the police, the same can be said for the gindaloon knuckleheads, if they believe that this person threatened harm to this girl, then a report should have been filed with the police and an order of protection could have been obtained.
This man is only guilty of defending himself and his family.
This message makes a lot of supposition of facts that have not been brought out in the trial or elsewhere. The fact remains that this whole thing is a tragic fiasco from the start involving the classic elements of such tragedies drinking, girls, rumors, and hot-headedness. Unfortunately, most people cannot bring themselves to realize that race most likely had nothing to do with this. The more likely culprit alcohol and machismo. There was no lynch mob but a group of boys that came to the White's house with one of them hellbent to confront the son. This happens on many occasions and we don't refer to such group as a lynch mob.
Where race enters the equation seems to be in how Mr. White reacted to the scene - his interpretation of what it means when 4 white boys show up on his front yard threatening his son possibly using racist language. The question becomes whether or not his fears were reasonable under the circumstances. I feel sorry for the jury that must answer that question.
It basically comes down to being a complete tragedy that was avoidable from all sides if cooler heads prevailed - the victim, the defendants, the son, the girl, and the friends. All parties are culpable in this mess. There are many underlying issues that do not involve race that underly this matter such as the young men's rush to invoke violant behavior, the father's rush to bring a gun outside to confront these boys, and the role of alcohol in fueling the fire of mob mentality.
sad

Mahwah, NJ

#111 Nov 30, 2007
What happened to the reports that Aaron White was taunting the kids, and daring them to come to the house. That does not justify the shooting of course, but if this is true, he knew before hand that the kids were coming. He & his father had time to think & react. If they knew the kids were coming, the kids almost were "set up" I am not siding with anyone here....just making a point. WEhat happened to the phone records between Cicarro & White from that night? Does anyone know? If it is proven that White was infact daring daring the boys to come over, I think it puts a whole new spin on things.
Stone Mountain GA

Atlanta, GA

#112 Nov 30, 2007
This reminds me of Howard Beach.
tullycars

East Islip, NY

#113 Nov 30, 2007
Sounds like everyone was drinking except the defendant. Alcohol speaks lies. Why aren't we addressing the fact that all the minors were served alcohol and drunk.
I believe the white boy

Pleasantville, NY

#114 Nov 30, 2007
Lets see white boys drunk, threating, racial slurs...Yup dem white boys tell the tooth! NOT!
Chaz

New York, NY

#115 Nov 30, 2007
White:

1. Left his house;
2. With a loaded gun;
3. Threatened to kill them; then
4. Killed one at point-blank range.

Yet he dares to say this was self-defense?

It was murder. Why he is not charged with first-degree murder is the shame of Suffolk County, but that's about as far as he should be allowed to play the race card.

He committed murder, and he relished doing it.

Ossining has a room for him. I hope that the jury has the guts to send him to it.
Murray the Jew

New York, NY

#116 Nov 30, 2007
A group of angry drunk and dangerous white teenagers specifically drive all the way to a black man's home,come specifically up to a black man's house to lynch his son and he kills the angry drunk white young man who had come there to lynch his son for what could only be an irrational, specious, unsubstantiated reason, the white's angry dangerous and drunk had no right to take any version of any legal or moral law into their own hands, if there was a law broken call the cops.One very angry and stupid drunk white young man died, he deserved to die for being so evil and so stupid to come and lynch an armed black man's son.
Common Sense

Hackensack, NJ

#117 Nov 30, 2007
So this "mob" was at the foot of his driveway... not even at the door... and this guy takes a gun and walks up to them and this whole situation happens... he might have a problem making a jury believe that this wasn't his fault... that is of course unless he's got some color on the jury... in which case he'll be playing golf with OJ should the juice get free of his latest problems!
Chaz

New York, NY

#118 Nov 30, 2007
Well stated, Roger.

Alcohol and machismo.

White isn't so brave now that he's having to face a court. He's cowering behind the NAACP and his attorneys. He was plenty brave when he was the only one wielding a weapon, and he got off on firing it.

He's not a bit sorry he murdered this kid, but he's very sorry he has to pay any price for the blood he spilled. That's practically the definition of a sociopath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sound Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr Tim Osman 118,640
Public School 74 (Feb '14) Oct 16 Jayar 3
Road project at intersection of routes 112 and ... Oct 14 Superman 2
Selden man hit by car in lake ronkonkama Oct 10 Sad heart08 1
Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Oct 10 friv4school 73
Straub's Market 1941 (Nov '11) Oct 10 Willy Straub 4
Sound Beach Bluffs Jun '14 anonymous 2

Sound Beach News Video

Sound Beach Dating
Find my Match