Witness: White feared for self after ...

Witness: White feared for self after false rape accusation

There are 106 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 29, 2007, titled Witness: White feared for self after false rape accusation. In it, Newsday reports that:

As a new, black student in the predominantly white Miller Place High School, Aaron White knew that being accused of threatening to rape a white girl could destroy him, Aaron's best friend testified Thursday in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

mtkj

West New York, NJ

#75 Nov 29, 2007
There was an adult...his name is Mr. White. He chose to get a gun give one to his teenage son and go outside an shoot
Kayla wrote:
Iíd be interested in the time difference between the warning call & the arrival of the group. Yes the police should have been called. But based on an expected response time from the police to a phone call about a drunk group of teens threatening to go kick some kidís ass, Iíd have a gun in my hand before I picked up the phone. Even in domestic violence calls you canít expect the police to magically appear in time. How many sector cars even cover Miller Place at any given point in time? If you got a call from a nasty drunk, followed by frantic warning call, would you sit on the sofa & just wait to see who shows up first? It was a reasonable assumption that people who would behave this way could be carrying some sort of weapon, so I donít agree that reckless endangerment applies.
The better point re: calling the police is why no one at the party called the police when these guys left to carry out on their threats. Multiple calls from their cell phones could have gotten the police there on a priority basis. Isnít that where the end result would have been the most different? The kid didnít deserve to die & rather than accidental death it should go in a category of stupid. But there were many people who had an opportunity to calm down or get adult intervention who didnít. Can anyone honestly say they wouldnít have picked up a weapon? The race issue is just a distraction to many other points of this story. If all parties in ďpredominantly white Miller PlaceĒ had been white, would this message board read the same?
mmignone

Westbury, NY

#76 Nov 29, 2007
where do you get that the kid was a punk????if 4 kids came up to my lawn BLACK OR WHITE I would call the cops,,,, not shoot him in the face.. give me a break I come from that neighbor hood,, and knew the boy,, nobody deserves to die like that... Mr White should pay for what he did...
mtkj

West New York, NJ

#77 Nov 29, 2007
If Mr. White was so fearful he would have gotten his gun then called the police and waited inside his home. Mr. White being a parent should have known better. He needs to do some jail time!
Rainman Long Island NY wrote:
I have read alot of comments and I am somewhat amazed about the stupidity, hate, bias not to mention;
just plain ignorance.
Has anyone considered the fear that may have caused the action on Mr. White's behalf. Has anyone ever considered that fear leads to panic an uncontrollable emotion which gets triggered on the concept I Must survive, my son must survive.
I cannot even imagine that I would take the time to think rational, when I am scared shitless.
Where were the parents. AT THE PARTY.
Hello, goodbye have a nice life and think about it.
Fritz the Kat

United States

#78 Nov 29, 2007
Anytime negroes-- yes even the "good" ones--- are involved with whites, trouble ensues. Whites better learn to keep as much distance as possible between themselves and these damn troublesome negroes, or they will find themselves unwittingly caught up in disasters like this-- violence, criminal trials, lawsuits, etc.
Fritz the Kat

United States

#79 Nov 29, 2007
And let me add that there is no such thing as "an innocent negro".

If they breathe, they're guilty.
funnyman

Bronx, NY

#80 Nov 29, 2007
mmignone wrote:
where do you get that the kid was a punk????if 4 kids came up to my lawn BLACK OR WHITE I would call the cops,,,, not shoot him in the face.. give me a break I come from that neighbor hood,, and knew the boy,, nobody deserves to die like that... Mr White should pay for what he did...
yeah..right..turn the table..and its you and 4 drunken blacks on your yard and you have a family to protect ..believe me..you arent calling the cops...are you?
Fred Savage

Long Beach, NY

#81 Nov 29, 2007
This Cicciaro guy most likely deserved to get killed. He seems like some "tough guy" white boy. who approached a black man's home, I dont think it was to be his freind. So F him, he can rot. Mr White (whos black, lolol) did the right thing by protecting his family AT HIS OWN HOME.
brooklyn Italian

Paterson, NJ

#82 Nov 29, 2007
It is a shame that this had to end in a tragedy, but Cicciaro got what he deserved. Aaron white left the party when asked to and did not return. Daniel called him on the phone using racial slurs, then went to his house looking for trouble and he got. Daniel went to Aarons house to do harm on to him, but instead got harmed. I am sorry for Daniels family and I can not imagine what they are going through, but maybe it will show others that when you go looking for trouble you might just get it. As far as MR. White goes I say release him. Any parent seeing groups of people coming to harm their child would do the same exact thing that MR. White did.
Fred Savage

Long Beach, NY

#83 Nov 29, 2007
mmignone wrote:
<quoted text>first of all where did he get off on shooting thepoor kid... if 4 kids came on my lawn BLACK OR WHITE I would call the cops.not shoot him in the face
Yeah, and white your on the phone with 911 waiting for Suffolk PD to arrive, you and your family are getting the $HlT beat out of you, or possibly killed.

I like how you say "the poor kid", Yea the poor kid, drunk and trying to pick a fight at someone's home. Yea , the poor kid.
brooklyn Italian

Paterson, NJ

#84 Nov 29, 2007
mmignone wrote:
If a group of people were coming to harm your child you would defend him to. If you disagree with this then that means two things. one, you are not a parent, or 2 you should not be a parent.You see a group of guys and you do not know if they have a gun, by the time you call the cops and they show up, your child may have taken a bullet.
Kayla

Woodland Hills, CA

#85 Nov 29, 2007
mtkj wrote:
There was an adult...his name is Mr. White. He chose to get a gun give one to his teenage son and go outside an shoot
<quoted text>
You seemed to have missed every point I made & misinterperted the one point you referenced. Yes, Mr. White, the only person sitting in his own home, minding his own business, was brought into it by his son & we know the end result. How does that absolve the responsibility of the entire group of teens at this party & the other four who went to the house? Apparently the only person who had the sense to try to defuse this tragedy is the guy who is currently a Marine. Do you think these guys were just going to politely knock on the door to chat? Without that phone call, all 5 of them could have wound up dead or the Whites beaten to death or any combination. You didn't address whether or not you'd just sit on the sofa waiting.
Observer on LI

Brooklyn, NY

#86 Nov 29, 2007
Be wary of the reporting on this story...
Fred Savage

Long Beach, NY

#87 Nov 29, 2007
Observer on LI wrote:
Hey , thanks for contributing to the message board. Really, thanks. Great information. Very detailed information. Your useless, go kill yourself
jay

Scarsdale, NY

#89 Nov 29, 2007
okay.. this is ridiculious. Aaron told Daniel to come to his house and we'll finish this.. yet he was so scared for his life? If Mr.White was like any normal person, he would have called the cops. If those boys would have heard the cops they would have left. Unfortunitly it didn't happen like that and now he has to live with the fact that he took away a 17 year olds life and destroyed the family and friends. What don't you people understand? how could you be so cruel and unhuman about the situation. I know all of these boys personally and they are all good-hearted and respectful to eachother. You make a comment like that towards a close friend of theirs and they will react.. esspecially if they were told to come and finish it.. he didn't have to show up at that party that night when he knew he wasn't welcomed. The Whites took the situation in their own hands and decided to walk out with guns.. Now looked where it got them. I hate reading this bullshit about how Dano was wrong and he got what he deserves. You people can go get a fucking life and shut the fuck up because you were not in anyones shoes that night.
brooklyn Italian

Paterson, NJ

#90 Nov 29, 2007
Observer on LI wrote:
The press does have a way of blurring the facts, but there was no doubt that those boys were at the White house and they were looking for trouble
Gillian

Brooklyn, NY

#91 Nov 29, 2007
NY Post has a story that says the Marine guy is the one who actually posted online comments about the Martin girl & it was done on Myspace. And he was pretending to be Aaron and also gave the password out to friends so they could go on and post things.

And, for the record, if I were in Mr White's position; I would have reacted the same way. Convicted or not, the man will forever be haunted by this event that he was thrown into.

And, I think Mr & Mrs Martin should both be arrested for allowing alcohol to be served to minors and then letting them drive away drunk. If they had just been decent people and respectful of the laws, this whole tragic case might not have happend.
Jones Brooklyn

United States

#93 Nov 29, 2007
ok there wrote:
He goes to your house,you look out the window,theres 4 white boys on your lawn,You don't call the COPS you shoot one that told your son to leave.15 yrs to life min,,,,
Why,,cause he didn't have a gun,he wasn't breaking into your home,he didn't assult your son,he showed up cause he was drunk and upset....your son had a gun WHY is he worried someone is going to kick his a--.You know everyday we learn we gave them there freedom we were better off shipping them back to afica....You can take the monkey out of the jungle but you can;t take the jungle out of the monkey....Its sad but true.Racist no the truth is I don't go to harlem cause im NOT welcome there,Why go to a place your not welcomed...You can end up shoot...Get the point....Sorry for everyones lose,There was no winner here black or white pray for the familys,I will.
WOW!! Is all i can say, How far we have come and we still have far to go!!Racism
Tough Guy

AOL

#94 Nov 29, 2007
One less racist. How can people defend dado knowing he was a racist? unless they are racist themselves
EnoughsEnough

North Bergen, NJ

#95 Nov 29, 2007
Bottom line, EVERYONE INVOLVED WAS EITHER DRUNK OR STUPID OR BOTH.

That having been said, why didn't Mr. White call the police BEFORE going out to confront the angry drunk kids?

Why, because he had a gun, and was not therefore afraid of them. He was ANGRY and prepared in advance to use it, as was his son who also came down with a gun.

No reasonable person, black, white, purple or green, steps OUTSIDE of his home to confront a mob of hateful, drunk and abusive individuals he fears.

Mr. White was probably enraged by their taunting and slurs, as he should have been, but that is NO excuse to take the law into his own hands and shoot anyone.

Not, unless they were breaking into his home.

THE POLICE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED. FOUR DRUNK WHITE BIGOTS WOULD HAVE BEEN JAILED FOR MENACING, BEING DRUNK AND FOR HATE CRIMES!!!
arrest the party host

Brooklyn, NY

#96 Nov 29, 2007
no parents allowing the party= no alcohol= no cars = no gun = no deaths!

The parents at the house that allowed these folks to get tanked started the ball down the alley!

Jail em

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sound Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cantor: Convention center in Ronkonkoma is perf... 1 hr Brain Drain 2
Genealogy and DNA tests. (Feb '16) Apr 23 joanNYadoptees 2
Attn Adoptees and Birth Parents and siblings Re... (Dec '13) Apr 23 joanNYadoptees 9
For biological parents who relinquished children. (May '17) Apr 23 joanNYadoptees 2
News DA: Port Jefferson woman gave pot brownie to 4-... Apr 22 Lucy lou 1
News Store owner charged in sale of fake Gibson guit... (Sep '07) Apr 22 P Malone 54
ross Apr 20 Music 1

Sound Beach Jobs

Personal Finance

Sound Beach Mortgages