Witness: White feared for self after false rape accusation

Full story: Newsday

As a new, black student in the predominantly white Miller Place High School, Aaron White knew that being accused of threatening to rape a white girl could destroy him, Aaron's best friend testified Thursday in ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of106
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
U r a loser

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

ok there wrote:
He goes to your house,you look out the window,theres 4 white boys on your lawn,You don't call the COPS you shoot one that told your son to leave.15 yrs to life min,,,,
Why,,cause he didn't have a gun,he wasn't breaking into your home,he didn't assult your son,he showed up cause he was drunk and upset....your son had a gun WHY is he worried someone is going to kick his a--.You know everyday we learn we gave them there freedom we were better off shipping them back to afica....You can take the monkey out of the jungle but you can;t take the jungle out of the monkey....Its sad but true.Racist no the truth is I don't go to harlem cause im NOT welcome there,Why go to a place your not welcomed...You can end up shoot...Get the point....Sorry for everyones lose,There was no winner here black or white pray for the familys,I will.
Fact is Mr. White is an asset to communities like Miller Place. A better man than Dano's dad and a better man than the Sound Beach dad who hosted the underage drinking party (both white men). I know I'd rather have a black neighbor like the Whites than the Martins or Cicciaros. Based on these comments it seems to me that most people are on Mr. White's side with this fiasco.
wordygurdy

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

transplant from ny wrote:
<quoted text>
The best thing you can do for yourself is stop posting until after you learn how to put together a sentence with proper grammer.....IDIOT!!!!And it has nothing to do with what you said.....
You mean you actually understand what he said? You're a better cryptographer than I, my friend.
funnyman

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

man..i remember back in a few blogs people where ready to go and put a burning cross on his front yard...see, this is what you get when you have racist people who doenst want to hear the real story to a story. all you see is " a black man kills a white teen "..no one really wants to hear the truth about what happened because some people see blacks as savages,violent, have no home training.the media isnt any help either, but it makes news and news makes them money. so i hope some of you racist will realize to read the whole damn book first before judging what its about by the cover
murchman1

Hamtramck, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Mr White is innocent. He was protecting his life and his sons life. Case Closed!
Larry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Drunken teens =bad judgement.Sober adults should not have equally bad judgement by bringing a gun into play. Mr. White should have taken himself and his son into their house and called the police. The teens bad behavior is no excuse for murder.Mr. White's life is ruined no matter the outcome.His bank acct. and home now belong to his lawyers.
Roe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

hmm wrote:
Funny how all the Mr.White haters are all the sudden quiet. I remember when the first couple articles came out everyone wanted him dead without ever hearing even one fact.
I'm not a hater of anyone, but this case has incensed me. Let's see the Whites were so afraid he taunted these "drunken" teens and waited for them armed and full of hate. The Whites ambushed these kids and did exactly what was done to blacks in the South. Doesn't anyone realize that these are kids who are young and stupid, but they did Daniel did not deserve to get shot in the face. He deserved to get punished - he was only 17.
bzmoon

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Susie wrote:
I wonder what gave her the impression that it was Aaron White threatening her with rape.
I think maybe it was just the name.... I know someone with the same name is he is a VIOLENT~DRUNK~PILL POPPING~FEMALE ABUSER..... i think the name is cursed.
Laz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

This whole thing is just tragic. However I think both White and Cicciaro are at fault. He shouldn't have come outside with a loaded gun...but the kid shouldn't have been there in the first place. My heart goes out to both families.
Roe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

SHOOT ME IN THE FACE wrote:
How funny!! DumBguido. How stupid can one kid be?
You sound real intelligent!! You fool!!! You and the Whites are the racists because you can't get past the fact that these kids were white. I take offense to your calling the murdered teen a "Guido". We'll see who is stupid when Mr. White gets LIFE.
Hang em High

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Being from racially diverse Hempstead I thought it correct for me to opine what I see as a totally avoidable action if Mr. White thought with his head rather than his pride as a balck man not willing to call police to address the issue. We cannot condone the actions of any of the parties involved. Unfortunately Mr. White chose the wrong path and armed both himself and his son, instead of calling the police. Therfore he is guilty of at the least involuntary manslaughter. Someone has to be accountable for this loss of life, even if the victim aggravated the issue. They were not entering Mr. White's home, they were outside and Mr. White failed to do the right thing and call the cops, a big mistake for which he should made to pay. People kill for insane reasons today and it appears human life is reaching a new low when someone is so quick to take one.
truth

Spring Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

What should mr white have done, waited until they broke in did harm then call the please and possibly recieve life threatening injuries during the wait.
These knuckheads, came unannounced, uninvited trespassed on someone elses property and stated thier intentions. They further indicated they werent leaving until they did what they came to do.
The basic Human response is to either fight or flee, Where does one flee when the are at the sanctuary of there own home.
others will say, why not call the police, the same can be said for the gindaloon knuckleheads, if they believe that this person threatened harm to this girl, then a report should have been filed with the police and an order of protection could have been obtained.
This man is only guilty of defending himself and his family.

tired

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Phillip Brame wrote:
Semper Fi Marine always faithful and always honest in circumstances that have huge impacts upon peoples lives. I am proud to call you brother. Now as i said when this story first broke this is no more than what has happened in the past a white woman makes an allegation against a black man he is automatically assumed guilty. She does not make the complaint to the police she makes it to a bunch of young intoxicated white men. What do you think is going to happen next people. Mr white was completely justified in his actions. The fault lies with the young lady who made the false accusations and created this lynch mob mentality. If you want to prosecute someone there is your culprit.
I disagree about the anyone assuming Mr. White was guilty other than the slain boy's family and friends. The judge certainly felt there was issues with the case to have made a 2 yr offer cutting the D.A. out of same(White rejected it).

Even the D.A.'s office has not jumped the gun as here as the D.A. did with Duke - minimal announcements and they did not up/hype the charge(this is about the least chargeable way to kill someone short of criminally negligent homicide)

As I understand it the young girl was harassed by someone online using the younger Mr. White's identity - I don't blame her for believing it was him initially.

Mr. White did have a illegal sidearm as I understand it > the question becomes had the race(s) been reversed/nuetralized with all other factors the same, would the 2 yr offer be the same? If not, then its racist as thats the basis of determination. I am curious tho - if White is deemed to have acted in self defense(a likely possibility) how will this affect the sidearm charge?

Mr. Ciccaro's death was a tragedy - i am amazed we don't see MADD screaming re this one considering his B.A.C. and that he drove drunk and it apparently influenced his judgment that fateful night...

time will tell...
Really Now

Orange, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

U r a loser wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is Mr. White is an asset to communities like Miller Place. A better man than Dano's dad and a better man than the Sound Beach dad who hosted the underage drinking party (both white men). I know I'd rather have a black neighbor like the Whites than the Martins or Cicciaros. Based on these comments it seems to me that most people are on Mr. White's side with this fiasco.
WRONG! All parties that night were wrong. ALL including Mr. White!
1. He owned an illegal hand gun.
2. He didn't call police.
3. He went outside of the safety of his home.

The drunk kids didn't break his windows, try to break in.. they were outside screaming like drunkin fools. They should have been arrested, and Mr. White should never have went outside with an illegal gun!
Roe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

I'm so tired of people trying to justify the murder of this teenager. He was a kid, doing what kids do. He DID NOT DESERVE TO BE KILLED!!! His parents do not deserve to hear this garbage from racist, ignorant morans. If the killer was white and the murdered teen was black, would you still feel the same way???
tired

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

funnyman wrote:
man..i remember back in a few blogs people where ready to go and put a burning cross on his front yard...see, this is what you get when you have racist people who doenst want to hear the real story to a story. all you see is " a black man kills a white teen "..no one really wants to hear the truth about what happened because some people see blacks as savages,violent, have no home training.the media isnt any help either, but it makes news and news makes them money. so i hope some of you racist will realize to read the whole damn book first before judging what its about by the cover
racism as regards any color is foolish and sad. I hope you felt the same though when things happened with the Duke trio.
seeyaalright

Frisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Boy have you missedout on the story. The kid grabbed that weapon and it fired. When gun powder residue comes up on the kids hands you'll have another excuse.
Sorry....there was more than 5 of them...they blocked off the street.....they had weapons....yelling racial slurs....and you think a mob of drunk Italians are still the victims.
How can so many White folks come on here putting things so gently and not place responsibility where it belongs. Some White folks are honest however....and I respect that and feel a little relieved. But when you look at the overall input in these forums.....you know I'd be a fool to trust most White people. Or for that matter...to let my kids be fooled by a few good men.
Roe wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a hater of anyone, but this case has incensed me. Let's see the Whites were so afraid he taunted these "drunken" teens and waited for them armed and full of hate. The Whites ambushed these kids and did exactly what was done to blacks in the South. Doesn't anyone realize that these are kids who are young and stupid, but they did Daniel did not deserve to get shot in the face. He deserved to get punished - he was only 17.
mtkj

West New York, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Justified in his actions??? The kid never laid a hand on this guys son and wasn't even on tis guys property.They had no weapons. As a father this man should have alerted the police as to what was going on...he had notice these kids were on their way over there. If these kids ran up to his house with weapons trying to get in THEN maybe he would be justified....this isnt the old west!
Phillip Brame wrote:
Semper Fi Marine always faithful and always honest in circumstances that have huge impacts upon peoples lives. I am proud to call you brother. Now as i said when this story first broke this is no more than what has happened in the past a white woman makes an allegation against a black man he is automatically assumed guilty. She does not make the complaint to the police she makes it to a bunch of young intoxicated white men. What do you think is going to happen next people. Mr white was completely justified in his actions. The fault lies with the young lady who made the false accusations and created this lynch mob mentality. If you want to prosecute someone there is your culprit.
Really Now

Orange, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

truth wrote:
What should mr white have done, waited until they broke in did harm then call the please and possibly recieve life threatening injuries during the wait.
These knuckheads, came unannounced, uninvited trespassed on someone elses property and stated thier intentions. They further indicated they werent leaving until they did what they came to do.
The basic Human response is to either fight or flee, Where does one flee when the are at the sanctuary of there own home.
others will say, why not call the police, the same can be said for the gindaloon knuckleheads, if they believe that this person threatened harm to this girl, then a report should have been filed with the police and an order of protection could have been obtained.
This man is only guilty of defending himself and his family.
First off, Mr. White was armed. So, if they were to try to break into his home and that's IF, then he would have had the right to protect himself. Second, no one is saying these DRUNK kids were right, they were not! Third, Mr. White owned and ILLEGAL weapon. That in and of itself is something to be arrested for. The police should have been called no matter what! If I saw my family in trouble that would be an automatic thing to do. So, there are no winners but many losers in this story. Two wrongs do not make a right!
seeyaalright

Frisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

He'd get a freaking medal if it was the other way around for being courageous. Maybe you are the female version.....Alberta Sharpatini.
Roe wrote:
I'm so tired of people trying to justify the murder of this teenager. He was a kid, doing what kids do. He DID NOT DESERVE TO BE KILLED!!! His parents do not deserve to hear this garbage from racist, ignorant morans. If the killer was white and the murdered teen was black, would you still feel the same way???
mtkj

West New York, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

In December, 1984, Bernie Getz shot four black teenagers on a New York subway who tried to rob him with a screwdriver. He spent a year in jail on a gun charge
tired wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree about the anyone assuming Mr. White was guilty other than the slain boy's family and friends. The judge certainly felt there was issues with the case to have made a 2 yr offer cutting the D.A. out of same(White rejected it).
Even the D.A.'s office has not jumped the gun as here as the D.A. did with Duke - minimal announcements and they did not up/hype the charge(this is about the least chargeable way to kill someone short of criminally negligent homicide)
As I understand it the young girl was harassed by someone online using the younger Mr. White's identity - I don't blame her for believing it was him initially.
Mr. White did have a illegal sidearm as I understand it > the question becomes had the race(s) been reversed/nuetralized with all other factors the same, would the 2 yr offer be the same? If not, then its racist as thats the basis of determination. I am curious tho - if White is deemed to have acted in self defense(a likely possibility) how will this affect the sidearm charge?
Mr. Ciccaro's death was a tragedy - i am amazed we don't see MADD screaming re this one considering his B.A.C. and that he drove drunk and it apparently influenced his judgment that fateful night...
time will tell...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of106
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sound Beach Discussions

Search the Sound Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Jim Justice 114,646
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr lionland 6,326
Giant Garage Sale 9 hr Adam Wolff 9
Fake Prostitute Snares 20 Men In Bay Shore Sting (Aug '06) 12 hr Billy Bong 60
Sarah Goode 21 hr Stanley R Sogg 1
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,324
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 9 Habanero Harv 16,760
•••
•••

Sound Beach News Video

•••
•••

Sound Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sound Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE