protesters want huntington hiring station closed

Full story: Newsday 25
About 10 protesters targeted the Huntington hiring station yesterday in an effort to close down the last official hiring site in Suffolk County . Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GOD BLESS AMERICA

United States

#1 Jun 8, 2008
Maybe if the protestors get some free time, they can come to the east end of Bennington Ave in Freeport as well as Sunrise Hwy between the Freeport LIRR station and Home Depot!!!

On a warm day, we are talking about HUNDREDS of day laborers, some legal immigrants, but mostly illegal immigrants and gang-bangers (MS-13, SWP, etc.)

Something needs to be done about this!!! The Village of Freeport is giving them free coffee and donuts while they wait to go to TAX-FREE EMPLOYMENT!!!

I am NOT anti-immigrant!!! My great-grandparents were immigrants and they came through Ellis Island and followed the proper procedures to become legal!

They did not "jump the line" by saying "Well, I'm already here, so why don"t you automatically make me and my 5 million friends legal?"

We need some protestors here to tell the local government "Enough is enough!!! You are using OUR taxes to pay for the medical expenses and education for the children of these ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, while being told "Sorry, but we have to cut the funding on these programs because we don't have the funds for them!!!"
GOD BLESS AMERICA

United States

#2 Jun 8, 2008
By the way, there are plenty of LEGAL hiring halls on Long Isand for LEGAL residents, they are located at your local unemployment offices!!!
Pedro Puto del Diablo

East Northport, NY

#3 Jun 8, 2008
Me thinking, maybe instead of looking for work I should start stealing,killing,and committing all kinds of crimes.Maybe that way we will justify all the hate to one ethnic group that really looks like your great grand parents when they first came to the great America.We should stop blaming them for our sky high school taxes, it is not because of them but because of the people who are in charge of the school districts,bunch of thieves, open your eyes.By the way I tried to sponsor one of my workers,for a working permit and the process was just impossible.So, no there is no legal way for them to even get a working permit.It's all bull.
Stephen

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jun 8, 2008
Demand a zero tolerance towards ALL illegal immigration. Vote out any politician advocating any form of amnesty. It's time to enforce our immigration laws. Thank you ICE for stepping up enforcement raids.
Bobby

Long Beach, CA

#5 Jun 8, 2008
So much of the enabling of illegal immigration is done at the local level. For example, lazy, complacent, self-serving and weak kneed city council members across the nation believe that their job is to improve roads, deal with park matters, worry about business signs, etc. yes, this is true to a degree as it was in the fifties for example, but today the issues are far more serious with illegal immigration. Those city council members with their heads in the sand, or who are simply so intransigent as to believe they can ignore the citizenry--SHOULD RESIGN OR BE FORCED TO RESIGN. THEY ARE LESS THAN USELESS TO THEIR CITY.
Bobby

Long Beach, CA

#6 Jun 8, 2008
Pedro Puto del Diablo wrote:
Me thinking, maybe instead of looking for work I should start stealing,killing,and committing all kinds of crimes.Maybe that way we will justify all the hate to one ethnic group that really looks like your great grand parents when they first came to the great America.We should stop blaming them for our sky high school taxes, it is not because of them but because of the people who are in charge of the school districts,bunch of thieves, open your eyes.By the way I tried to sponsor one of my workers,for a working permit and the process was just impossible.So, no there is no legal way for them to even get a working permit.It's all bull.
Remove all illegal aliens from the United States, especially the criminal graffitti, I.D. theft, and document fraud types from the United States. They have no business being in this blessed nation. They are pure SCUM.
INFIDEL

Abingdon, MD

#7 Jun 8, 2008
Please join the fight for OUR COUNTRY!!!

www.BetterImmigration.com

www.NumbersUSA.com
Buzzm1

Cupertino, CA

#8 Jun 8, 2008
The article didn't mention the name of the group. Wishing them the best success!!

NY Assemblyman Greg Ball 99th Assembly District is our ant1-illegal immigration champion.
levotb

Oakland, CA

#9 Jun 8, 2008
Bobby and Stephen have it exactly right! I can only add that "attrition thru enforcement" is working in GA, SC, OK, AZ, MO and even in liberal CO--the 6 toughest states on illegals and their lawbreaking employers. SC is the newest state to join, with Gov. Sanford signing the country's toughest anti-employer bill the other day. Bravo, SC! And "Bravo!" to those states about to get tough on illegals. RI, TN and MINN are starting to get tough, but that leaves many, many states to go.
LIer

Tenafly, NJ

#10 Jun 8, 2008
Stop hiring companies(ie landscapers) to work for you that hire them. Out here in suffolk it's a tough issue. A lot of my neighbors have started buying lawn mowers and doing the job themselves, others are starting to question who they hire. One kid turned down a job that offered him a good salary because the owner employs illegal people. Maybe if we all follow these examples it'll eventually have an impact.
Larry

Azusa, CA

#11 Jun 8, 2008
HELP STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.......MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD.......FAX CONGRESS FOR FREE FROM YOUR COMPUTER! http://www.numbersusa.com/dfax...
Buzzm1

Cupertino, CA

#12 Jun 8, 2008
Eight states have passed legislation mandating E-Verify be used by all employers in the state: Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, and South Carolina, and two more states, Utah, and Virginia, are allegedly debating it.
Buzzm1

Cupertino, CA

#13 Jun 8, 2008
MANDATE E-VERIFY!!

PURGE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS FROM OUR WORKFORCE!!

Oklahoma Unemployment Is Way Down.

Oklahoma's unemployment rate, which was a seasonally adjusted

4.3% and 4.4%, respectively, in September and October 2007

has fallen to a seasonally adjusted:

3.1% in both February and March of this year

Striking changes in Arizona as illegal immigrants flee the state

Arizona's unemployment rate dropping:

Although the rest of the country is in an economic slump, unemployment is going down in Arizona,

from 4.5% in January,
to 4.1% in March,
to 3.9% in April.

Ranking of States from lowest to highest unemployment April, 2008:
http://www.bls.gov/web/laumstrk.htm

45 MISSISSIPPI 5.9 (just passed E-Verify)
45 SOUTH CAROLINA 5.9 (just passed E-Verify)
47 DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 6.0
48 RHODE ISLAND 6.1 (just passed E-Verify)
49 CALIFORNIA 6.2
50 ALASKA 6.7
51 MICHIGAN 6.9
INFIDEL

Abingdon, MD

#15 Jun 9, 2008
are you stupid

Medford, NY

#16 Jun 9, 2008
Pedro Puto del Diablo wrote:
there is a way to become legal in this country, it is just not sneaking in here in the middle of the night and then standing on a street corner in Huntington so you can make some money to buy drugs for yourself and send the rest home to Mexico to support your fifteen children. I dont care if I sound racist. I am just sick and tired of these criminals (and they are criminals for JUST BEING HERE!!!!) crying and complaining that they need to be pardoned for their crime of being an ILLEGAL alien and given a break. Yeah, while we are at it, why don't all the people who have murdered someone in their lives and gotten away with it just come on out of the woodwork and we will pardon you too. After all, what difference does it make what crime you commit, this is the land of the free to commit crimes right??????? NOT.
Jimi

United States

#17 Jun 9, 2008
Stop feeding the birds and the birds will fly home. These hiring centers are nothing more than bird feeder stations. When the birds fly home so will all their associated problems.
mlk

AOL

#18 Jun 9, 2008
It is a federal crime to aid and abet an illegal alien. It is a federal crim to hire or assit in hiring an illegal aliens. All the employers and the town officals in Huntington should be prosecuted, fined and jailed.
Brittanicus

Cathedral City, CA

#19 Jun 9, 2008
Most presidential issues dwarf in contrast to the expenditure of illegal immigration? You wouldn't think so, when you listen to the complicity of the pro-illegal immigrant organism. The amount of money that taxpayers are expected to pay, for the hires of parasite businesses is just astronomical. If our government was just extending a helping hand, to our own legal population, who in their time of need could rely on the safety-net.

However the welfare state has become a cash-cow for anybody who manages to slip past the border patrol, ignore their visa overstay or even leave a ocean going vessel without permission. Without papers they are illegal and should be deported. Today! More than ever, we need the pending Federal SAVE ACT(H.R.4088) because a new AMNESTY will be signed into law, with the next president. Then millions more will come and nothing on earth will stop the new deluge of poor. Details at NUMBERSUSA. Tell you Democratic representative to co-author this bill. Toll free at 18778516437 and 18662200044 & 12022243121
Ruth Olson

Guasti, CA

#21 Jun 9, 2008
Illegal aliens should not be in our country. They work for cash and do not pay payroll taxes YET use our public property at day labor sites. If you are in the country illegally, go home!
Bernie

Camp Hill, PA

#22 Jun 9, 2008
I am happy to see that many states are taking the initiative dealing with illegal immigration since the federal government continues to look the other way. We as American citizens need to support our local city, county and state officials who are willing to effectively dealing with this enormous problem. Employers must be severly punished for hiring illegals and the freebies (education, healthcare, welfare, etc.)stopped. If these programs are eliminated for them, the illegals will not want to come here. We also need to throw out of office all the politicians who refuse to enforce our immigration laws. NO AMNESTY!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sound Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 hr Yumpin Yimminy 119,288
Slime Bags (May '12) Thu Busted 13
Race War Nov 26 White Kid 1
Louis Volpe Nov 24 His mom 6
How cold is it Nov 23 ExLIer 4
in Port Jefferson, plan is to add GPS to public... Nov 18 Caring Tax Payer 1
Port Jefferson hopes to close deal to buy harbo... Nov 18 Caring Tax Payer 1

Sound Beach News Video

Sound Beach Dating
Find my Match

Sound Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sound Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sound Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:04 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:04PM
Is SF's Season over After Thanksgiving Loss?
Bleacher Report 9:22 PM
Complete Week 13 Preview for New York
Bleacher Report 4:27 AM
Full Dolphins Preview for Jets Game
Bleacher Report 5:14 AM
Dolphins vs. Jets Full Betting Preview
NBC Sports 9:27 AM
Michael Vick is sick, and not just of watching Jets