Angry Father Kills Son's Friend

Full story: Wcbstv.com

A recent high school graduate was fatally shot in the face by the father of a teenager following an argument after the man's son was asked to leave a party, police said Thursday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of403
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
john

Holtsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2006

Judged:

If the kid was where he was supposed to be (which is definately not the White residence) he would still be alive. He went to the White residence with nothing but ill will in his heart(he went there looking for trouble and he got it, he was TRESPASSING WITH INTENT TO DO HARM, premeditataed if I might add !) and he was dealt with, he might have been dealt with harshly in some peoples eyes but he had NO right to be on the White residence looking for trouble. I think the girl should be severely interrogated,and investigated , because I am sure she is the root of this ENTIRE situation.
Anonymous

Islandia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2006

First, Mr. Whites son should not have been at a party that he was clearly NOT invited to. Second, all he did was cause trouble while at the party threatening to rape a 14 yr old girl which is how this escalated and I imagine her age is why she has not been interrogated or mentioned in the papers. Police also made it very clear that non of the teens were armed. Teenage boys argue all the time and this guy is a sorry excuse for a father. He tooks another childs life. I hope he rots in jail.
concerned

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2006

This is a really unfortunate set of events. Teenagers going to someone's house to argue at 11PM, what were they thinking? A gun in your face and you don't leave! A parent and son with guns. Why didn't they just call the police?
I don't think that anyone deserved to die and I don't think murder 2 is right.
Brandon

Monmouth Junction, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2006

Anonymous wrote:
First, Mr. Whites son should not have been at a party that he was clearly NOT invited to. Second, all he did was cause trouble while at the party threatening to rape a 14 yr old girl which is how this escalated and I imagine her age is why she has not been interrogated or mentioned in the papers. Police also made it very clear that non of the teens were armed. Teenage boys argue all the time and this guy is a sorry excuse for a father. He tooks another childs life. I hope he rots in jail.
listen, I agree that He shouldn't have killed Daniel, however, Daniel should not have gone to Mr. White's house. Your right, Aaron shouldn't have been at the party. However, Aaron left when they asked him to leave...Furthermore, I think we can BOTH agree that Daniel definitely shoudln't have gone to his house..In my opinion, it was a tragedy and should have been prevented, but Daniel was ill-willed in his arrival at the White Residence.
WOODY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2006

Judged:

john wrote:
If the kid was where he was supposed to be (which is definately not the White residence) he would still be alive. He went to the White residence with nothing but ill will in his heart(he went there looking for trouble and he got it, he was TRESPASSING WITH INTENT TO DO HARM, premeditataed if I might add !) and he was dealt with, he might have been dealt with harshly in some peoples eyes but he had NO right to be on the White residence looking for trouble. I think the girl should be severely interrogated,and investigated , because I am sure she is the root of this ENTIRE situation.
THESE ARE TEENAGERS!!!!! THEIR LITTLE SQUABLE COULD HAVE BEEN SET ASIDE WITH SOME PEACEFUL CONVERSATION FROM MISTER WHITE. A GUN WAS NOT NEEDED!!! YOUR COMMENTS ENCOURAGE VIOLENCE. YES & I AM A REPUBLICAN!!!!
Anonymous

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2006

Judged:

john wrote:
How COLD can your heart be if you think anyone else is to blame but the shooter? Aaron White gave the boys his address and told them to come over to "finish" the dispute. What kind of father is Mr. White when he teaches his son to settle an arguement with a gun?
The only way this tragedy could have been prevented was if the White's called the police before the boys arrived. NO ONE has the right to take the law into their own hands!!!!
You sound like a person who has the same attitude as Mr. White. Do you shoot people when you have an arguement?
but for his actions

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
This was clearly a situation that could have been avoided,if this group of teenagers would have just called it a night, contacted the police about the threats to the young girl or just went home mad, this tragedy would have never happened. Instead, they chose to follow this young man to his home, and when two car loads of angry teenagers show up at your front door, who really knows what that group was capable of.If Mr. White would have assumed that this group of teenagers were there on his front lawn just to argue, then Mr. White and his son might be dead.
Anonymous

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

Judged:

You people who blame the victim make me sick. First of all, the boys did not step on the White's property. Secondly, Aaron White told them to come over to finish the arguement and gave the victim his address. With this in mind, why did the White's arm themselves to greet the boys? This was clearly an ambush. If the White's were in fear for their lives, the should have called the police instead of taking the law into their own hands.
Anonymous

Hampton Bays, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

A group of teenagers fighting did not need to be settled with guns. Mr. White should have been the voice of reason to deflate the situation. If he genuinely was in fear for his son's life he had ample time to call the police. The party was in Sound Beach and the White's house in Miller Place. It would have taken the boys at least five minutes to get to the White residence. If the news reports are true the youths were supplied with the address. Without it they could not have arrived on his doorstep. The boys were not in Mr. White's home. He could have safely ensconced himself and his family indoors and awaited the arrival of the police. By all accounts he is a law abiding citizen, however on this night he chose to take the law into his own hands. Everyone involved in this dispute made errors in judgement. Unfortunately, the result is the tragic death of a seventeen year old boy. Mr. White had the responsiblity to act as a parent should act and look for a non violent solution to this problem. He did not do so. As the parent of a teenager in Miller Place it is my sincere hope that young people everywhere learn from this tragedy: violence is never the answer!
bob

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

A sad situation,but if a carload of teens showed up at my house looking to do harm to my son I would do ANYTHING to protect my child,including shooting in self defense if necessary.
The Dog

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

Bob, did you read the article?
White gave him the address to the house.
The dead kid never when on his property.
The father and son were armed (1 pistol, 1 shot gun) and waiting.

So your saying you would lure kids to your house, or the street in front of your house. Where you wait in ambush w/ your son, guns drawn.

You my friend are a fine role model. I hope you don't have any kids.
LIer

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

Why were they waiting to ambush the kids instead of calling SCPD? If anything the Whites should both be dragged off to jail for murder one.

If he called SCPD and while we was waiting for them the kids came and began attacking him then yes I would say the shooting was justified but nope, he ambushed them in cold blood.
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

bob wrote:
A sad situation,but if a carload of teens showed up at my house looking to do harm to my son I would do ANYTHING to protect my child,including shooting in self defense if necessary.
Bob - this wasn't self defense! The teens were not armed at all. Mr Whites son provoked them while at the party and then again told them to come to his house. He probably knew his father was a psycho and that's why he lured them to his house. As a parent, I am all for protecting my child, but I would also never take someone else's childs life.
Vee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

I had so many parties when I was in school and none ever ended in tragedy. Plenty of food, music, and teenage fun but NEVER any alcohol and weapons were unheard of. I do believe that there were racial slurs and threats exchanged but to use a gun on a kid (and yes he was a kid, H S graduate or NOT) showed indifference toward a human life and now the father who killed the boy and his family, and the boy's family have shaky futures.Was it worth it?
Hey Greedy Boy

Manasquan, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

the white family are animals, the father must have achieved so much to buy a house like that and now he loses everything! and whats with the rape accusation? if white threaten to rape a girl? then people are going to follow him. this just proves people need to stay on their side of the tracks,. some people know only agression, and those people like the whites are savages, who dont have any culturul backround, no family values.
but for his actions

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

Anonymous wrote:
You people who blame the victim make me sick. First of all, the boys did not step on the White's property. Secondly, Aaron White told them to come over to finish the arguement and gave the victim his address. With this in mind, why did the White's arm themselves to greet the boys? This was clearly an ambush. If the White's were in fear for their lives, the should have called the police instead of taking the law into their own hands.
You people who call the criminal a "victim" make me sick, first of all that "two car loads" of "Boys" should have never "Stalked" those "2" boys, they were very tough when the numbers were in their favor, and second of all if those "tough guys" were so concerned about a 14 year old girl then why didn't they call the police instead of heading over to the Whites house looking for trouble and then taking the law into "there own hands". No matter how you look at it, if they didn't show up at the White residence, this would have never have happened....end of story.
The Dog

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

but for his actions wrote:
<quoted text> You people who call the criminal a "victim" make me sick, first of all that "two car loads" of "Boys" should have never "Stalked" those "2" boys, they were very tough when the numbers were in their favor, and second of all if those "tough guys" were so concerned about a 14 year old girl then why didn't they call the police instead of heading over to the Whites house looking for trouble and then taking the law into "there own hands". No matter how you look at it, if they didn't show up at the White residence, this would have never have happened....end of story.
I would normally tell you to go read the article, but by the looks of your writing skills.
I wouldn't want to stress your comprehensions skills.
Anonymous

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

but for his actions wrote:
<quoted text> You people who call the criminal a "victim" make me sick, first of all that "two car loads" of "Boys" should have never "Stalked" those "2" boys, they were very tough when the numbers were in their favor, and second of all if those "tough guys" were so concerned about a 14 year old girl then why didn't they call the police instead of heading over to the Whites house looking for trouble and then taking the law into "there own hands". No matter how you look at it, if they didn't show up at the White residence, this would have never have happened....end of story.
I can see that reading comprehension is not your strong point.
Morons like you just don't get the fact that people should not settle disputes with violence. This is not the "end of story" as there will be a trial and Mr White will be spending the rest of his life behind bars. He not only destroyed the life of a 17 year old boy and caused unimaginable pain to the boy's family and friends, but he detroyed his own family as well.
Now before you respond, perhaps you should have someone explain the facts to you in simple language.
Real NYer

Sayre, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

john wrote:
Oh, I see ... hmmm the New America, kill'm all?

Do any of you people down there think about what it's like to go to prison, after you run your big braggin tougher'n a bad bad gangsta?

He's going to jail, he'll be some fella's toy, he's tough now ain't he?

Gawd I don't miss your loud mouthed bs at all.

There was a time, when L.I had civilized people living on it. Now they have all sunk to the gangsta image til they too are hauled off to be somebody's girl

Check the crossbronk expressway, the dirt from feet was left down there.
Real NYer

Sayre, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2006

Hey, ramp up the credit, live day to day, over extended credit with your "images".

You have not impressed anyone, and the best part, you have to live with the same phoney element as you!

I've watched the Mexicans blow the leaves from one yard to the next, knock on that owners door and blow'm to the next.

You got real rocket science down there!

Muahahahahh you deserve each other.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of403
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Warning for Suffolk County was issued at April 24 at 3:38AM EDT

•••
•••

Sound Beach News Video

•••
Sound Beach Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Sound Beach Jobs

•••