Cop sees Sound Beach man expose himse...

Cop sees Sound Beach man expose himself -

There are 25 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 31, 2007, titled Cop sees Sound Beach man expose himself -. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Sound Beach man was arrested at Cedar Beach in Mount Sinai after he intentionally exposed his genitals in full public view Thursday evening, Suffolk police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SCPD Fan

Coram, NY

#1 Aug 31, 2007
Good job SCPD! Way to keep your eye on the ball(s)!
Frank

New York, NY

#2 Aug 31, 2007
An Italian man, so let me guess: he's either got a mustache or a goatee, and was probably wearing a wife beater when arrested.
I'll omit the probably fat and has sagging breasts and has hair covering his back and shoulders comments.
david duke

Upton, NY

#3 Aug 31, 2007
Frank wrote:
An Italian man, so let me guess: he's either got a mustache or a goatee, and was probably wearing a wife beater when arrested.
I'll omit the probably fat and has sagging breasts and has haircovering his back and shoulders comments.
Hey Frank DROP DEAD
mary

Mahwah, NJ

#4 Aug 31, 2007
what a disgusting pig. If we now know this happened a week ago, why was nothing done then. Perv!

Since: Aug 07

Northport

#5 Aug 31, 2007
Kramer grew a goatee?
What a surprise

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Aug 31, 2007
That's what you can expect from someone living in Sound Beach.
From Wherever

New York, NY

#7 Aug 31, 2007
What a surprise wrote:
Do you mean all residents of Sound Beach go around flashing each other? Aren't you thinking of Fire Island?
Get Real

Hinesburg, VT

#8 Aug 31, 2007
I was driving home the other night a seen a guy next to his car, urinating, without trying to conseal himself from passing drivers.

Not that I condone this behavior, but it may be the case here as well. The article says he was standing near the road next to his vehicle. There is no mention that he was trying to expose himself sexually to anyone. Maybe he has a bladder condition and could not make it to a restroom.

As people are "Innocent until proven guilty", this guys should have the right to explain himself before anyone makes things Public Knowledge.

The fact that Newsday and other new sources release street addresses of individuals suspected (not proven) of a crime is completely wrong. The possible harassement this guy could receive from what might be a simple mistake of judgement is wrong.

Once a suspect is found guilty of a crime, then publish all you want.
BILL

United States

#9 Aug 31, 2007
BE ON THE LOOK OUT MY BROTHERS IN JAIL HERE COMES ANOTHER CRACKER YOUR WAY
JESS

Bedford, TX

#10 Aug 31, 2007
I'm glad I moved out of Sound Beach. But hey we dont know what this guy was doing. Maybe he was just taking a leek, or changing out of a wet bathing suit, or maybe yeah he's just a perv standing on the side of the road with his pants around his ankles.
Fructose

Needham, MA

#11 Aug 31, 2007
Get Real wrote:
I was driving home the other night a seen a guy next to his car, urinating, without trying to conseal himself from passing drivers.
Not that I condone this behavior, but it may be the case here as well. The article says he was standing near the road next to his vehicle. There is no mention that he was trying to expose himself sexually to anyone. Maybe he has a bladder condition and could not make it to a restroom.
As people are "Innocent until proven guilty", this guys should have the right to explain himself before anyone makes things Public Knowledge.
The fact that Newsday and other new sources release street addresses of individuals suspected (not proven) of a crime is completely wrong. The possible harassement this guy could receive from what might be a simple mistake of judgement is wrong.
I agree. There is no detail in the article, and until proven guilty, it is crazy for the newspaper to publish the man's picture and name.

If guilty, fine. Until then, I think the name should be withheld.

If he is judged not guilty, will Newsday restore the man's reputation?
Fructose

Needham, MA

#12 Aug 31, 2007
What a surprise wrote:
Yeah. The concrete jungle of Forest Hills Queens has no sex crimes. Just fine upstanding citizens who post stupidity on Topix, apparently.
From Wherever

New York, NY

#13 Aug 31, 2007
JESS wrote:
I'm glad I moved out of Sound Beach. But hey we dont know what this guy was doing. Maybe he was just taking a leek, or changing out of a wet bathing suit, or maybe yeah he's just a perv standing on the side of the road with his pants around his ankles.
I've driven through Sound Beach and it seemed like a nice neighborhood. Your comment suggests otherwise. What's the problem there?
Van Gogh away

Huntington, NY

#14 Aug 31, 2007
Get Real wrote:
Your right.....
Hell, sometimes I pull over when I need to urinate....and since I'm an artist, I take it one step further......I write my name with urine in the road as other cars drive by. I do this because I know people love art.
mary

Mahwah, NJ

#15 Aug 31, 2007
From Wherever wrote:
<quoted text>
I've driven through Sound Beach and it seemed like a nice neighborhood. Your comment suggests otherwise. What's the problem there?

the problem in sound beach is the same problem you have everywhere....a few bad people. It is not a bad town by far, just a few & I mean a few bad people.
Mastic-Shirley North

Bronx, NY

#16 Aug 31, 2007
From Wherever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound Beach/Rocky Point are the Mastic/Shirley of the north shore. Alot of small houses right on top of each other. Although there are alot of good people there (Mastic/Shirley has alot of good people as well) there are alot of dirt bags (Mastic/Shirley has lots of dirt bags)as well. Thats what he or she probably means when they are glad they left the area.
his step-son

Millbrook, NY

#17 Aug 31, 2007
the true story is, that he was changing behind his open door of his vehicle and since suffolk cops have absolutely nothing to do in this area they decided to arrest a man that was simply changing out of his bathing suit. Suffolk cops are like cowboys they think they can do whatever they feel fit. Way to go SUFFOLK COPS really earning your six figure salary, and newsday you suck
wow

Lavallette, NJ

#19 Sep 1, 2007
Get Real wrote:
i agree completely.
what if he was trying to pee?
you put his picture and full name on here?! what is that? what if this man has kids? or a family? the kids will probably be made fun of for something the cops think there father did which the kids wont deserve and the rest of his family will be looked down upon, just because there father/husband had to go to the bathroom.
Bill Oney

Valley Stream, NY

#20 Sep 2, 2007
yeah OK trying to pee,it is physicaly impossible to pee with a hard on
duh

Union City, NJ

#21 Sep 3, 2007
Sound Beach.....Selden by the shore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sound Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Flowerz1129 121,901
Public Safety SCCC Selden Dec 7 This is fun 5
News Tankleff half sister rips DA, says Marty's guilty (Jan '08) Nov 27 Released 101
News Mixed vibes on body shaker (Jun '06) Nov 27 WalM 505
Review: Peterson & Grace - Sara E Grace DDS (Mar '10) Nov 25 Roc 2
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) Nov '16 Waldo 114
News Steve Levy: A tale of two Cuomos and two nuke b... Nov '16 BDV 2

Sound Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sound Beach Mortgages